Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Dec 2nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Dec 2nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:02 am

Good morning!

We are a balmy 42* here and no rain. At least I think no rain. It's still dark out. It's warmer than yesterday and I hope it stays that way. I have to be out digging bulbs and flowers today. We are having some landscaping work done and they thought it would be between Christmas and New Year's but now it looks like it will be as soon as Saturday! We're going to have to remove all the Christmas lights from our rhodies, too. They will move the rhodies to another part of the yard for us. They say the work shouldn't take more than 2 days and we can replant and re-light. So that's where I'm going to be today if you need me. This will give my chiropractor something to do on my next visit! lol!

CHICKIE - You know we are with you in spirit as you and your family travel this journey with your mom. Hugs! If you don't find time to stop by S.C. and give us updates, you can always text me and I'll share your reports here. I hope you know we all care. God bless.

MARY ROSEBUD - I always used to boil the carcass for broth, too, but Bill finally told me that the smell of it through the house makes him sick. Every time. Now, I only buy a turkey breast so there's not much carcass anyway, so I don't do it anymore. But I did love turkey noodle or rice soup! As for homemade noodles, you can dry them. My sister did that one year and gave homemade dried noodles as Christmas gifts instead of plates of cookies. They were good and people appreciated the change from so many sweets!

JANA - You sure hear a lot of stories about a lot of strange folks!! lol! Arguing with the police about closed highways, and now blocking ALL the turkeys in Costco? Good for Sarah!! I hope the ruckus brought management! What do you suppose they wanted so many turkeys for? Usually people who buy them to cook for charitable reasons are nicer, more generous folks, so what else would you use them for? Sarah needed to ask more questions because I wanna know!

BECCA - you are really pouring on the coal, decorating! don't forget - what goes up, must eventually come down! But I bet it's looking festive and pretty in your home. Is the village up? Nice to have Marty with you even for just one night.

TINA - you said you were sick and coughing a lot. I hear bronchitis is going around everywhere. Even our friend's dog is coughing and heading to the vet today. Aren't you prone to bronchitis? If you aren't improving by now, maybe you should go get checked out.

We had homemade chicken noodle soup yesterday and there's plenty more where that came from so tonite's supper is taken care of. Bill LOVES soup of almost any kind (except turkey! lol!)

What's bubbling in your pot tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Dec 2nd

Post by auntjana » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:32 am

Good morning!

Mary - we wonder too what they wanted all the turkeys for. We have cooked many Ward dinners and even with a huge Ward, they had way more turkeys than that would have been needed. Enjoy the dirt, ours is frozen and snow covered, deep!

Bill would have liked our soup last night. It was very yummy. So simple, dinner in 20 minutes! Sarah and Joseph came to get Ethan and stayed for dinner. Sarah wanted the recipe. Cheesy enchilada soup. No idea yet for dinner.

Stu's car died last night in his way home from work. We had it towed here. Sarah was hoping to order her new car closer to the end of the year, but it will be sooner. They will give Stu their smaller car and buy a Toyota Rav4. It wil be a hybrid.

Not much else. Down to two totes left and the trees to finish decorating. Sarah and I are going grocery this morning, then maybe I will get to sew.

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:53 am

Hello everyone,cold but sunny.Snow is around us on higher elevations.
Maryz Yes it all must come down but I have always been a Christmas lover of decorating.
I like the festive look.And it brings back memories of past Happy Happy Times our family had together.Its too cold here to play in dirt.Too bad you have to undecorate your shrubs.

Jana Great you have Sarah close.Denise & Mark are so helpful when they come & Marty is Too.Sorry Stu’s car died on him.

Chickie We are Thinking of you & miss you.Prayers for all of you.

Tina Do find a Dr or a place of solitude.Your body needs some time out.We all want you feeling chipper.

My First cousin died yesterday.I was sad to hear it.She was older than me & had Heart issues.
I got my laundry done & we have to go get CA haircut pick up Med & he Has 1 errand.So after a night of not much sleep I’m already behind.
I’m making veggie beef soup perfect for today. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:04 am

Good morning!
I'm doing better finally, gosh this head cold is crazy! The cough I have is from drainage, I feel like I'm drowning half the time.
Oh Mary I don't know if I should be happy for you or not, getting landscaping done is great but to have to undecorate and dig bulbs up just doesn't sound good to me right now.
Jana, I had a soup that was called that once, it was so yummy! A friend made it, i don't have the recipe.
Chickie, we are here for you.
I have cube steak laid out for supper, not sure what's going with it yet, depends how i feel come supper time.
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:10 am

Becca, I'm sorry about your cousin. (((((HUGS)))))
I've been resting, can you believe everybody stayed away until last night, the kids were crying for me so Holly brought them over for about an hour. I was cooking supper for the first time since Thanksgiving (see I've been resting) and they all said how good it smelled and there was plenty so everybody ate. We had paper plates so not anymore cleanup than if it was just Frankie and me.
Tina

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:44 am

Good dreary, cold afternoon from SW. Pa....Yep, cold and dreary and sure looks like it could snow anytime.....

Mary, you really have your day lined up for you, don't you? If I had already decorated, then have to take it down, it would stay down, lol...Maybe that's why I wait until the last minute....But, there are times when I do think maybe I'll put the outside lights up, then I "come to" and remember the cold fingers, runny nose, lights that didn't work (mostly in the middle) and then reversing the deed to take them all down...Nope, not this old broad! But, I do admire any of you that do decorate and really do hope you will post pictures....
I think I'm with Bill on the cooking turkey smell but then again, I don't like turkey...Like everything that goes with it but just hold the bird....I'm really excited about getting my hands on Lena...I'm making my list of goodies she might like...Going to be interesting, to say the least!

Chickie, As all have posted, we are all here for you....Really do think about you and pray for a peaceful journey....

Tina, I'm thinking like Mary, maybe you should be checked...But then again, maybe YOU should take it easy....Glad to hear you have those paper plates....

Becca, you really are sounding like that "energizer bunny"....I have a feeling my battery wore down and is in need of a recharge, lol....But, so happy to "imagine" all your decorations....

Jana, and you too with your decorating...Everytime I see or hear about trains, I think of you and your house....I had an uncle who collected trains and at Christmas would put them up and they too, would wind through the house..That was a real treat to visit and find the new things he had added each year...But, the sad part, when he passed, my cousin, his only child, had no interest in the trains and mainly gave them away...He's married with grand kids and I often wonder if he wishes he had kept those treasures....But, it sounds like, in your family, the tradition will be passed along, quilting as well as trains.....

So far today, I haven't accomplished too much...Will be finishing up the cloth books and maybe some mending, (which I hate)...Tomorrow, I'll do the sheets on Cari's and Lena's beds and get the upstairs done...One of my Florida friends is home for a visit and wants to do lunch tomorrow, if it doesn't snow...I also need to get to Walmart and pick up my RX and of course those goodies for Lena, if it doesn't snow, lol.....

My dinner will be the left over chicken pot pie which turned out pretty good last night...Instead of making dough, I cheated and used Filo dough and it was good....With all the talk about the home made noodles, had me remembering my Mom making them BUT, no, I'm not going to do it....

You all have a great day....

Happy eating................

Return to “Chit Chat”