Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, December 1st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, December 1st

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:29 am

Good morning,

We are 36* this morning and a light rain is falling. It may be a slushy rain - hard to tell in the dark. Whatever - I'm staying in today! We'll be bringing in the tree and decorating it. I only get to see my decorations every other year so I'm anxious to revisit some of my precious ornaments! Plus, I have things stashed all over the house that need to go UNDER the tree so It will be nice to gather everything up into one place. I may do a load of wash today, too. Or two loads. If not, then I'll do four loads tomorrow! lol!

JANA - we've driving the Feather Canyon route. It's BEAUTIFUL! But it can be snowy, too! I'm laughing because your "Mr. Scrooge" is so picky about the village! Where is the village? With the trains or under the tree? and I guess if you say 'under the tree', you'll have to be more specific! lol! Aaron's stories are just crazy! What is wrong with people?? I wonder if the fella they had to cuff and "offer a ride to", has a background of other arrests, possibly warrents? You learn a lot from watching Live PD besides just the lingo!

IRISH - sure wish you were feeling better. What fun to be able to have such a nice visit with Nick! And Steven and his wife were angels to feed all the single guys on TG! Yes, Terry did a good job with those boys! It will be fun to have Cari and Lena visit. The real work will probably be toddler-proofing your house! lol!

BECCA - I've been trying to remember the names of the other two sets of twins. All I can come up with is Anniston. (do they call her Annie?) Two 2-1/2 yr olds! I bet your house was happily hopping!

MARY ROSE - One thing about Supper club - Nothing is carved in mashed potatoes - you always get to change your mind! lol!

Our pot pie turned out well, if too big for two people. I know leftovers are good for 4 days. So, let me ask you this: If you recook them in, say, a pot pie, then do you get to start over again with your four days?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, December 1st

Post by auntjana » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:07 am

Good morning!

Mary - first, the Dickens Village lives in the living room, just as you come in the front door. I have a bookcase that it sits on top of. Scrooge built 2 wooden platforms, that sit side by side, that have a small second tier. So there are two layers of space to hold my collection of village houses, fire station, and church. Scrooge went and bought special small lights that are LED to light the interiors of the houses, etc. We have lighted street lamps as well. I have maxed out the space so I can't add any more buildings. We now just add trees here and there. Then to cover the base all sits on, is a white cotton batt and fake snow. It hides all the wires, and Scrooge loves things on timers, so the village has one. You would laugh, the light switch for the overhead light in the room gets blocked by the village, so Michael designed a way to be able to turn that light on, using a wooden paint stirring stick frim Lowes - he drilled a hole in the flat end, and it hangs on the toggle of the switch, so all you have to do, is slude the stick up or down.

Now the train - it is G scale, big! The engine is about 12 inches or more long and about 6 inches tall. Most people make the track in a circle right under the branches. Not this house - the track goes around the great room, the main room in the back of my house. In front of the fireplace, behind the couch, circles under the tree and if the boys had their way, down to the front of the house and back. But track is delicate, so Scrooge keeps it out of the walkways. If I had a flat car, presents could be put on it, but I just have a steam engine and passenger cars, right now. All the kids, big ones and little ones take turns running the train. It can be controlled using a app on their phones or tablets. You can make the train have steam sounds, bells, whistles or horn, and control the speed. All the presents get placed to make a tunnel as well. Getting the track laid is fought over by all my kids -they want it first, but the rule is, it is last. We will see how Lila does with leaving the track and train in place, she is a finger toucher button pusher on everything!

Dinner - saw a quick enchilada cheesy soup to try for dinner. The recipe said 20 minutes from start to eat. We will see.

After church I will start decorating, while I have my 9ers on.

Enjoy!
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:46 am

Hello everyone,sunny here after a stormy night.Bringing in the cold I guess.
Maryz Hope You Get the Laundry done.Sounds like the House is perfectly decorated.
Twins are Aniston & Gabriel.No she’s called Aniston.Yes our House was definitely rocking.They had fun playing.And Eating Gramas Cookies.Lol

Jana After Reading About Aaron’s experience I shuddered.People today are something else,crazy is the word.Some think they can’t wait.Thankful He is ok.Your House must be beautiful too & Christmas Land.Mine used to always be decorated from top to bottom.Not So anymore.

Rosebud If you are like us it’s not a big deal what we eat.CA never wants anything anymore.Except sweets or BBQ.Nothing healthy.He drinks Boost.

We have lots of leftovers.Just name it & I think it’s here.I froze my turkey & give DGS lots of leftovers too.He loves my cooking no matter what it is.When he got married his wife couldn’t cook.But she has learned.He knew how because his Mother taught all her boys to cook,iron & clean.I see it was a good thing.lol Happy Eating. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:53 am

Good morning!
Becca, I was so happy to hear that both babies are home! Mary text me and let me know, thank you Mary.
I got sick Wednesday night, made it through cooking Thanksgiving for 13 and I've been useless since.
I've actually had no company, kids, nothing since Thursday. You'd think this kind of rest that I'd be well by now, ugh not yet. The coughing is doing me in, my ribs are sore and it's keeping me up.
I want to decorate so badly but no energy yet for that.
Supper is leftovers, most likely Turkey tacos.
Tina

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:02 am

Good afternoon from a very dreary, wet, chilly, SW. Pa...From what I'm hearing and if you can believe what "they" are saying, we're going to get snow...Did have the weather channel on and parts of central and eastern Pa are having a bad time, lots of ice....

Mary, I can imagine you're anxious to get all your "old friends" back and on the tree...For the past 2 years, I haven't put up the big tree and this year, broke down and bought a smaller one (6 1/2 ft.)...But, I've been telling the kids, if you see an ornament that you want, please, please take it....A friend told me, she numbered her "good" things and then had everyone take a number or put things in a bag and when everyone is leaving, they have to take a bag with them....I'll see how it works and what I have left over after Christmas, lol....
It will be fun having Cari and Lena here and I know I'll never be able to keep up with the little one...You know, they go from crawling to running...But, Cari did tell me, next Sat., we are going to the Aviary, pictures with Santa and also a Penguin (bird, not one of our players)...She did tell me, Lena saw Santa and wasn't too impressed!

Becca. I can only imagine having 2 little ones at the house at the same time...This year, Emma is still too little to cause too much havoc but Lena?????And just wait until the newest twins visit, the excitement just never ends....I agree about food...At this stage of the game, I eat what I like or want...I always remember, Jim's mom loved eating that snack, Bugles and we made sure she always had her stash...Well, my SIL told her there was much too much salt for her and she shouldn't be eating them so she stopped...This woman was in her late 90s, never been sick and SIL is worried about the salt!

Tina, so sorry to hear you're not feeling up to par...I think, what you need is a week long vacation...A week where someone waits on you and lets you rest and get your body back to normal.(well, what ever normal might be, lol).....You really do need to take care of yourself, Doc Irish's orders.....

Today is really going to be a lazy day....I have nothing really exciting going on and it's pretty bad when you are so bored, you mix up a batch of cinnamon rolls, from scratch...Maybe it's the idea of kneading or punching something, lol.....But, I know those rolls will fit nicely right on my hips, so all is not lost.....
My day will be spent, mostly in my recliner, cross stitching or finishing the towels for my sister...I recorded a bunch of Hallmark stuff so might watch them (probably through closed eye lids) ....

As for dinner, besides the rolls, can't think of anything else.....Tomorrow I'm going to make a chicken pot pie from the left over chicken.....

You all enjoy the rest of the day......

Happy eating...............

Return to “Chit Chat”