Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUNDAY, Nov 10

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

SUNDAY, Nov 10

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:28 am

Good morning from drippy western Washington,

The MLS cup is today in Seattle, about noon. I'm not a soccer fan, but we might watch this since the Hawks are playing tomorrow night instead of today. I guess in the world of soccer this is like the Super Bowl for football. And it's a huge deal that it's being played in Seattle's home field.

Yesterday was all about sewing here and today will be, too, I think. I'm also trying to part out 2 big totes of Christmas fabrics into 8 smaller ones that I can lift by myself and not have to bother my DH when I want something. I also want to make a small Christmas table topper for my friend's birthday. I think I'll sew strips together, cut them into wedges, then sew the wedges together (like Mary Q did with her snowman tree skirts). I designed it in my sleep last night. We'll see how it goes.

JUDI texted me that Liam's team won two games, lost the third, and play again today. They will drive home after today's game - about 3 hours - and be home around 7pm tonite. She asked me to tell you all hi!

CHRISS - Are your new young neighbors doing the roof themselves or having it done? I say go for the paper piecing project! Jana's here to offer help and advice, and you never learn new stuff if you don't try new stuff! Cindy got me into paper piecing just by challenging me. I found I really liked it. But one tip - use shorter stitches. Perforates the paper better and it's easier to remove. I had to keep a sticky note on my machine to remind me to do that.

LYN - thinking of you and your mom and the rest of your family.

That's all I got for this morning. I'll stop by again later!

mary z

FlorenceM

Re: SUNDAY, Nov 10

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:42 am

Morning Mary & all to follow
Yesterday at Ruck Run was fun. There were a group that walked it, & we are thinking if doing it next year.
Today I have mending to do. The concrete dust is all cleaned up. But soon a little more saw dust..that isn't that bad.
Need to get motivated for church.
Flo

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:26 am

Good morning everyone,sunny but nippy.

Maryz is Lyns Mother critical ?I know she flew Home to help her & her Dad.Prayers for you Lyn.
Have fun sewing Maryz.

Flo Glad you got all that dust gone.Sawdust is a mess but not as bad.

Church here then I will knit of Afghan.Have a blessed day everyone. Becca

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:48 am

Good wonderful morning,

The kids next door worked on the roof yesterday, I gave them their mail, other paperwork and any keys I had. their father was there and he speaks little English. So his son translated. He thanked me for giving the kids the opportunity. These people are so grateful and all I did was provide time. They got the house because of their good credit,

Becca, Lyn's mom's health is waning. Are you all set up for that benefit or is there still much to do?

Flo, Muck Ruck sounds like fun. Not quite sure what it all entails but if I were there I would check it out.

Maryz, happy fabric sorting. Today I think I will get started on some project. Not quite sure what but it will be something.

Soon Jerry will make a big breakfast. We will watch Jane Pauley, and then I will go to my room and work on my SS stuff. Monday is a holiday so I can't mail it just yet. Or maybe I already mailed it and my elf has it?

you ladies have fun and I will be in my room if you need me. No shoes required.

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:04 am

May God bless your day!

I'm in Colorado. It's my turn. If you missed it, Mom went on Hospice the first week of September. About a week ago it was decided that since Mom wasn't wanting to eat or drink that they would no longer try to force her to. I went to see her last evening as soon as I got to Fort Collins, about 8 p.m. I think she knew me. She gave a little smile and squeezed my fingers. I called my 2 daughters so they could talk to her. I spoke to nurse Megan, who is awesome and has been so good caring for Mom. Megan said she and the hospice nurse had spoke that afternoon and feel "Mom could be with us several more days cuz she's a strong old coot! Or she was waiting for you to get here Lyn." My sister and her hubby flew in Friday night, so all us kids are here. I told her she could go home to God that we would take care of Dad. God will take her in his time, thankfully she's in no pain.

Lyn

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:53 am

Good morning all
Sorry I have not been chatting but my youngest DGS was diagnosed with diabetus after being sent by ambulance to larger hospital. His blood sugar was 361 Way high. He is 15 and could use everyones prayers.
He also a down syndrom child.
I have also tried to keep up with other work.
Lyn Sorry to here about your Mom
Well I need to go I need more coffee.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:05 am

Happy Sunday, May God bless each of you today.

Felt tine when I got up yesterday, within a couple of hours some Gastro something started and lasted for about 8 hours. I seem to be okay today other than maybe a bit dehydrated. Needless to say, didn't get my sewing done.

Prayers for Lyn, Mom and rest of the family. I am glad the family understands that feeding is not always in the patient's best interest. That is one of the hardest things for a family to do. Hospice is a really great program. I will place Dad when his time is coming. Being in the office I miss the day to day visits with the clients but I couldn't do that with Dad. Funny, we have a nurse named Meagan too, she is excellent also!

Chriss glad to hear the roof is coming along and you got them their mail. Also glad there is an interpreter available so you can converse with all.

Taking Dad to the base today to get his hair cut. He asked me during the week when we were going so I reminded him I had wanted to take him last weekend and he wouldn't go. He just looked at me. So we will see if he remembers today. Sometimes the memory loss really gets in the way of accomplishing things, but then it's nice that he doesn't remember he had broccoli yesterday so I can give it to him again today.

Not too much else going on around here. Left last nights dishes for today (which I rarely do as it irritates me to get up to the mess) but was just too tires. So off I go to get them out of the way!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:51 am

Good morning!

The sun is brightly shining and it is a beautuful Fall day here in the Mountain West. A few trees are still in their bright colors, but most of the leaves are on the ground. We has a lawn sweeper that attaches to the tractor, so no raking here. Church is a bit later this morning.

Not much here. Aaron was called to a nasty accident yesterday. So sad. Sarah got much done on her wiring in the basement. The fireplace install is in a week or so. She wants to be done with the wiring, so if she decides more needs to be done, it can, before the install gets in the way. She thinks ahead, just like her Dad.

I have binding hand work to catch up today. Ordered more decorative hangars for the new Skinnies I did. Also fancy Christmas dresses for my little girls. Everything arrives this week, fun at the mailbox! It is a tradition I started with my little girls, they get their new dress at the beginning of December, so they have it for more than just the Sunday around Christmas. They have already wondered if Grandma has gotten their dress. Emma has outgrown the sizes at Costco, so I order her one from Macys - they are hugely discounted in the website right now.

Time to get ready for church,

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Lyn, glad you are with your mother and she is not in any pain.

Chriss, sounds like you'll have neighbors soon. Hope you had a good sew day.

Jana, Sarah is one busy lady.

Just been hanging out with my sister and her family. We did a little hand sewing today. Don't know what we will work on tomorrow.

Have a good evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”