Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, November 9th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Saturday, November 9th

Post by suzette58 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:10 am

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday afternoon we went to see the movie Midway. It is a great movie. But, it is strictly a war movie. It starts with a little about Pearl Harbor then goes onto Midway. Today I am going to finish a wall hanging for hubby’s shop out back. It is a panel of an Indian motorcycle. It’s a different one then the one I quilted for his birthday. I am attaching this one to one of those boards you use for presentations. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I am off to find some coffee.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Saturday, November 9th

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:52 am

Good Morning Suzette and all who follow,

Today My Dh and myself and my Sandi and my niece Lisa are all going to a craft show in P.A. so that will be my day it's good to get out and go.
Suzette have fun sewing today.
Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:01 am

Good morning everyone,

Have been trying to read and catch up on the happenings. Sounds like you are all still busy with your lives.
Chriss I see you have joined the postal service. I could really use some help.
DH and DGS want to go see Midway. I would kinda like to also but someone has to stay home with Dad.
Still haven't made it to the post office for the SS box, but haven't forgot either!
Decided this weekend I am not working (for work anyway).
Caregiver did a lot around the house yesterday so I think I am going to sew today. Would like to try that lotto block. Will do one and see how it turns out.
Becca how are the twins? Did Brodee get his shunt? What is happening with the new finding on Hadlee.
Lois a craft show sounds fun. There is one around me somewhere today I saw advertised but Dad won't want to go to that.
Speaking of Dad, Dr. said his blood sugars are running a bit low but as long as he tolerating them and not symptomatic then leave things alone. If they start to drop more and gets shaky, sweating spells then to decrease his diabetes meds to 1 a day. His blood pressure was good, a little low, he has lost about 8 or so pounds since last visit which I think was June but he is needing to loose some so not worried about that yet. His kidney function is still down but that isn't going to get better. But said overall considering his age he is doing well. She was to refer him to home physical therapy. Haven't heard from them yet though. May call on Monday if still no word.
Hope all are well. More coffee needed here.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:10 am

Good morning All. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Minnie dog and I fly to Colorado today. Mom is still with us. Her sisters got to call and talk to her. Though Mom can't answer, my DB said she smiled several times at what they said.

Becca, I pray the twins are doing well.

Hope you can fondle fabric.
Lyn

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:23 am

Hello everyone,cold here.

TWINS UPDATE Brodee did well with his surgery yesterday.The shunt was placed.
Hadlee was doing some better yesterday.They don’t have MRI report yet.Of course they are anxious to get back to Hadlee.Taylors Mother is with Hadlee.
Thanks for your prayers & support.They all need them.

Kathy Hope you got some sleep.

Yesterday another surprise was in my mailbox.Was from an Els Angel.We are overwhelmed by people’s love support and prayers.Thanks to this very special Lady & Friend.

I have a Mtns Of wash to get to.And I’m making veggie soup.Its cold outside & that calls for soup.
Hope everyone has a great day.Hugs to all Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:45 am

Good morning,

SHARONA - I hope your eyes are OK. Something weird (was seeing flashes) was going on with MY eyes, too, a few years ago. On a weekend, of course. So I called my eye dr's emergency number. Turns out that was his cell phone and he was driving through backroads in MN at that time! lol! He was home two days later, I went in, and turns out it was just a phenomonen of my age. Eventually it went away.

BECCA - good to hear such great news on Brodee! Let's hope Hadlee's report is just as good! I hope they have Brodee signed up for frequent flyer miles! He's getting to be quiet well traveled! I'm not surprised you've received another item for your fundraiser auction. I think we all love these babies and appreciate you 'sharing' them with us!

CINDY - You asked so I'll tell you: The day Vicki was served with the temporary order, Oct 23) she hung a blanket over her big window that faces our house and we haven't seen her since. Though her lights are on all the time. We're having to adjust to a dull life around here now.

LYN - You and Minnie be safe in the air and I pray things with your parents are stable.

SHERRY - so happy you finally have heat again! And yes, we are simply the ringmaster of the circus as far as our fur kids go! lol!

FLO - since you brought your stove back in, does this stop your reno work?

MARY Q - I figured you were enjoying your boys yesterday! Wish they could have stayed longer. How long is the hunting trip? Will they motel or camp? I was going to ask if they will be back your way again, but if they have your car, I guess they will. With a buck flung over your fender?? News says some impressive low temps are headed your way!

CHRISS - Isn't it odd that your new 'grandparents' have their mail already being delivered to their house when they're not living there yet? I hope that pattern arrives today. I sent it First Class.

JANA - I agree with whoever said it - I would have thought the builder should have taken care of Sarah's furnace problems. Sounds like maybe someone installed the ducts wrong. Is Tanner coming to quilt today? Do you have a machine designated for the kids or do they use your good new machine?

VALERIE - Your dad is amazing! Maybe we should introduce him to Chickie's mom (if he likes older women, that is. She just turned 101)

LORI - have fun with your family in NorCal!

We have mild temps and light rain. Our first rain in 2 or 3 weeks. It almost sounds strange, pattering on the roof! Yesterday I walked, had chiro and hair appts, and while I was there in the shopping center stopped at the Goodwill (different store from the two I hit the other day). I found two 3-1/2 yd lengths of flannel for backing kids' quilts, a pair of Christmas jammie pants with dogs on them for my DDIL who LOVES dogs and Christmas, and a purple U of WA warm zip sweat jacket for my morning walks. Two of my kids graduated from U-Dub. Oh, and a book on paper piecing 4" quilt blocks - all Christmas. I don't do much paper piecing, but you never know!

Today, I think I'll work on my pot holders. I hope to finish them all up by end of the weekend and clean up my sewing room. Not sure what's next, but something will pop up. It always does. I guess I was groggy when I woke up this morning - I was reading someone's post from yesterday about working on her SS gift and I was saying in my mind, "Social Security gift"! lol!

Happy Saturday, y'all!!

mary z

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:19 am

Good morning all! Not much planned for today except watch football and sew. Going to the Senior Center Craft show this morning to see what they have. Smoke and Sweetie have been fed and are back to sleep. Supposed to get some snow on Monday so may not make it to my Bob Evans until later in the week.

Chris's football team won their playoff game last night so they get to move on to the next game. It was a close game.

My DIL made me a beautiful basket to my Elf. She makes such beautiful baskets. if I can figure out how to post pictures I will post some. I think she is going to start selling them on the internet rather than going to craft shows. Most craft shows are on Saturdays and that is their religious day.

Well, better get going. Will come back later and read all of your posts.

Sweeties blood work came out good at the Vets yesterday so just needs her anemia medicine once every 4 days now. She sure has come a long way since the day I found her wandering my yard in the snow and cold.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Sherry

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:57 am

Good morning!

Lovely day here in the mountains.

Tanner did a fantastic job at sewing his quilt. We finished half of all the blocks he needs. It is now in the design wall and I do have a picture, but alas it is on my phone, not where I am. I now know which is his favorite piece, so I can get it for the back of the quilt.

Sarah's furnace duct work was too big, but the HVAC builder installed it correctly, so there was no issue with warranty work. There is such a demand for housing here, that the builder's pretty much get away with anything. And to hire someone in the trades to testify against them is not happening, and the builder's know it. So you either live with it, or fix it yourself. I will now climb off my soapbox.

Not much here - I am checking my stash for borders for my Nativity. I finished everything on it! Now to quilt it. It has been a long time, starting it in California, losing it here, finding it, all in all, about 9 years to this point!

Do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:46 am

Good Morning Girls

You won't believe this.. but it's 0900 here and I am UP, Dressed, face washed, hair combed and got my coffee! AND a load of laundry started! I'm on a ROLL!

Suzette... Glad you liked the movie! I bet your DH will love his new décor for his shop! There was an Indian Motorcycle shop near my house, I thought of you every time I drove by... but the last time I was there, it looked like it was all boarded up--like they had a fire there or something.

Lois... Have FUN at the craft show. There is a HUGE one here at our high school on the 23rd. I haven't been for years, but I just might go this year. It takes up the whole gym and most of the hallways at the school. You have to park somewhere else and take a shuttle to the HS it gets so crowded... people from all over the country come. Great place to pick up gifts and ideas.

Valerie... GOOD FOR YOU! Take a day off from WORK WORK WORK. Good to hear your Dad got a good report from the Dr.---as good as can be expected I suppose. But if his BP is good and you can control diabetes with meds...

Lyn... I will keep your Mom in prayers today.. sounds like she is beginning her journey home. I pray that God will be gentle and grant her a safe passage.

Becca.. Good news that Brodee did well in his surgery. Hope he doesn't have to stay too long in Charlotte. As always, they are in my prayers! Next Saturday is the big fundraiser? Will be crossing fingers for a huge success!!!

Maryz… Yes, I too wish my boys could be here a little longer... But for years I never saw Shawn on his birthday as it was always deer season. They will be home Wednesday nite and fly back to Calgary on Thursday. He hunts with a group of guys that he's been with since he was 16. If they get a deer they usually split it up with group, but Shawn won't take any home... probably can't take it through customs. Lucky you to find such good deals at Goodwill!!! I never find those kind of deals.. though I did when I was in AK last summer...

Sherry... Congratulations to Chris's team! How awesome is that... to make play offs! Would love to see your DIL's basket. If you need help posting a picture, let me know... you can text it to me and I'll post it. My cell phone number is on the back of the Secret Santa card I mailed to you.

Jana... Sounds like the HVAC folks just put up what ever duct work they happened to have on the truck... instead of what was SUPPOSED to be installed! Glad she was able to get it fixed though. I'm looking at the skinny patterns for the Elves as we speak... Just might have to bite the bullet and order them. There are so many CUTE ones!!

While I would so love to spend the whole day in the sewing room today... it IS chore day! I've promised myself that I would make Saturday chore day and get all the UGLIES done.. the dust is getting thick and there is laundry to do. My sister is coming up tomorrow (she lives about 40 miles south of me) SO I better have the house very presentable as she is quite a clean freak! We are going to work on some projects--like going through old family photos etc. Even though she lives so close we don't get to see each other often as she works full time. But her DH works on Sundays so it's a good day for us to meet.

That's pretty much all the news from Minnesota. Time to warm up the coffee and get to work.

Wishing you all a SUPER Saturday

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:59 am

Good morning, what a wonderfully fantastic day today will be.

Suzette, those Quiltworx patterns are stunning. You have way too much faith in my ability :lol: . I'm going to do this, much less exciting than the ones you do, yours are amazing. I'm planning on using up my flannel. [uhttps://www.quiltingcompany.com/Quilt/pineapple ... t-block/rl][/url]

Maryq, I think my new neighbors are just young. This is their first house, they have two young boys and jobs. They will be overwhelmed and a bit stressed. Plus they have torn off the old roof and are planning to put on a new roof. It's the end of November. Glad you had a fun birthday, heck, any day with cake is a good day.

Lori, glad you and your sis are having a play date. I wish I had that kind of a sister. you are blessed.

Sherry, yay for you. a working furnace and a cozy place to sit and listen to the game. perfect evening.

Maryz, quilt club will be on the use of either mineke or chenille, I forget. Plus we will discuss an upcoming quilt show and other misc junk. And there is always a home made snack brought by someone. One lady brought a fruit salad and the "dressing" was vanilla pudding mix mixed with pineapple juice. it was barely thick and so dang good. I think I will stick with my neighbors. they are just young. I think 30 is the new 16.

Lois, if I were there I would tag along. a craft show sounds fun.

Valerie, I have an extra box. Come on over and get one. Prayers for your dad.

Lyn, what a process end of life is. Prayers for you all. extra hugs for you and your mom.

Becca, Health is improving for the twins and veggie soup. It doesn't get much better than that. Just thinking about it makes me smile.

Maryz, I also hope that pattern gets here today. The kids are getting mail from the county mostly. But I want them to have it because property tax bills are being sent out. great finds at the goodwill, yay for you. Sorry you have boring neighbor news.

Jana, starting a quilt in Cali and finishing it in UT. that is a long time to play with one quilt.

Maryq, STOP!!!!! That's not dust, it's a protective layer to preserve your furniture. Phew, that was close.

Still on the fence, should I shop after the quilt club or should I come home and wrap and pack my SS gift. gosh decisions decisions.

you all have a great day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”