Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday.....Nov 8, 2019

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Friday.....Nov 8, 2019

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:24 am

Good Middle of the Night Morning........

Sorry I've been missing. As you can see, it's 5am for me, and I'm up!! My 2ed night with no sleep. Everything is just off for me. I've been busy going to the dentist, gastroenterologist. Knitting & today a hair cut.
The dentist says I need to go back 2 little things & a new cap, the gastro said I must have a colonoscopy in Dec. She didn't give me too much info on diverticulitis. I guess it's a learn as I go thing.

My sister could use some prayer. She lost her new job. They kept putting her as the hostess where she didn't earn enough money. One of her coworkers told her because of her age(60). Thank you.
I'm off to read what you all have been up to.

Love & Prayers..............Kathy

billizzy

Re: Friday.....Nov 8, 2019

Post by billizzy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:33 am

Good morning. Kathy my DH had diverticulitis--warning stay away from seeds and nuts--oh no we cant be buddies LOL --nah the nuts you eat. Seeds get DH all the time. I have to purree tomatoes so that the seeds dont get him when I make pasta sauce. Also hulls of any type, beans and pop corn. Chew chew chew is what DH does LOL Nasty pain when you get an attach.

Well I have been busy on my SS gift. Working hard on it. Sew should have it ready by delivery. I am sure I will be sending like last day for sure.

Lil man stayed the night wed. Rain and dark driving doesnt suit me. I almost had accident wed. newly paved road pulled my car to edge and I was all over the road. Thank the Lord no other cars on road. Would have been bad. Lil man was in back seat and he was saying "woa woa"

TGIF I am wore out busy busy this week. but all is good.

Happy stitching all :)
🐐izzy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:54 am

Good morning. I am so happy to be back here with my quilting buddies. Love them all so much. Still missing two of us. One gal is on her way. Got held up with broken spring. They are near Houston, so will be here soon. Our other friend doesn't come for whole winter. She usually comes only for March, but this year will be staying Feb and March.
Lyn will be leaving on Saturday to go back by her parents, so today I will be sandwiching my king size quilt, so she can help. I appreciate the help of friends for that big job.
Yesterday, I cut all the batting for my four quilting projects. Still have a big piece left on the bolt. That will be enough to do small quilt or several table toppers.
Well, enough about me. I enjoy reading about all of you.
Hugs
Coffee Time!!
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:02 am

Good morning from a rainy Myrtle beach. Today we have a qov presentation for 8 vets. Of course, it will be great to be around these wonderful veterans. I'll give them a hug from all of you.

Next week we start making tumbling blocks kits. All the fabrics will be cut and ready to hit the sewing machines. Hope to make at least 50 (fingers crossed) The list is now over 500 for quilts.

Hope everyone has a great day, I know mine will be.
Diane

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:06 am

Diane, it is so great what you all do for these vets. What wonderful gifts to these special people.
Hugs
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:41 am

Good morning everyone,sunny but cold here.
Brodee is having his surgery this morning.Thank you for praying.

Kathy I have been praying you DS can find a job.Do hope you can get back to sleeping.
Diverticulitis is no fun.You have to watch your diet.Just as Izzy said no seeds,popcorn,nuts,I too purée tomatoes for soups.Hugs to you.

Izzy So Grateful you didn’t have an accident.Little Man was Trying to help.We need you here.

Velda Im Sure you enjoy your Quilting buddies.

Diane You Do Have a long list for QOV.We never needed that many but there was 2 active groups here but now just 1.its a wonderful contribution.Thanks to you & the men.

I’m taking DH for his flu shot which Drs Office forgot to give him.Maybe eat out if he chooses.Brodee will be on our minds all day & Hearts.
Have a great day everyone. Becca

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:51 am

Good morning everyone.
Several times I have posted messages and they disappear. I make sure to press submit but I guess that happens. I have mailed off my Secret Santa package. Now is the fun part. Waiting. Today we are going to see the new movie Midway. We enjoy seeing movies like this on the big screen. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:21 am

Good morning, what a wonderful day today will be.

The kids who have bought grandma's house haven't moved in yet. they are replacing the roof. In the meantime I have been collecting any mail. I have their keys and other paperwork. I texted them to let them know I think they might need their mail and I could drop it off. they left a message apologizing for the inconvenience and they would get the mail on Saturday. This is after the reminder last week for them to transfer the electric bill account into their name. I'm starting to feel like a nag. I so don't want to be that neighbor.

Valerie, hope your meeting went well yesterday. the workplace sure has changed over the years. It's really sad.

Maryz, love your pot holder idea. hope the massage was wonderful. i'm not going to fussy cut tumbler blocks. The thing that sold me on tumblers was seeing Suzettes quilt she did some time ago. so pretty.

Kathy, looks like you are covered from end to end with a hair cut and a colonoscopy. Prayers for your sister.

Izzy, I am also looking for a day that I can wrap my SS package. Seems I get a day and it gets filled. glad you made it home with the rain. I hate driving in the dark.

Velda, sounds like a big job with that quilt top. nice that Lyn will be there to help.

Becca, hope DH does take you out for a meal, after all it would be great payment for a trip to the doctor.

Suzette, I haven't had any posts disappear and don't know why it happens. I think, because of you, not my next quilt but the one after that will be paper pieced. you are a trend setter.

Tomorrow is my quilt club meeting. then my goal is to either shop or come home afterwards.

Hope you girls have a groovy day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:25 am

Morning
With the extreme cold due to hit yesterday, Joe got pellet stove reinstalled in living room where it was. We were trying to get kitchen done to move it, but with cold hitting early, we put it back where it was & will move it in spring. Now things are nice & cozy warm.
Today is take it easy. Tomorrow we need to be in the city at 6 am. We are volunteering at a 5k run to benefit veterans locally...I see nap time when we get home.
Will check in Sunday
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:41 am

Good morning,

KATHY - Like everyone said, diet can manage your diverticulitis. Have you been diagnosed or is the colonoscopy to do that? The prep is the worst part of that test, but at least now it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. Wishing you - and your sister - well. I hope she finds a job soon.

BECCA - prayers for Brodee and his parents today!

CHRISS - your days are jam-packed! I'm not into fussy cutting much either. Imagine all the different fabrics it would take to do an I Spy with tumblers! But for the right kid, I'd do it. What's happening at Quilt Club tomorrow? I hope fun things. Do you work on projects or just 'meet' and talk about projects? Sorry the new kids on the block don't seem to be getting their stuff together. But they will. But if you want to talk about neighbors, Have I got a story for you . . . . . :roll:

VELDA - Have you checked at LQS's in your area to see if they have LA's that you can rent time on? I can't imagine doing a king on a regular sewing machine. I know there's at least one LQS in Austin that has a rentable LA.

LYN - special thoughts go with you as you fly home tomorrow.

DIANE - Blessing you and all your cohorts for the good work you do - and also for the service men and women who are receiving these quilts.

FLO - how goes the dust battle? Glad you are warm and toasty again.

SUZETTE - enjoy the movie!

IZZY - that was a close call! Glad you and your Sweet William are OK. Not much is worth getting me out on the roads on a dark, rainy night.

TERESA - I checked out the November lotto. It looks complicated, but it really wasn't. So I made four and mailed them off to you. But it's worth noting that these UNFINISHED blocks square to 12" and not our usual 12-1/2". This threw me off for a bit.

Today I'm going to frame my wool Santa that I received as a teaser from my last year's SS (Thank you again, Kathy!). I never got to it last year but now it's all finished but framing. Then a few more pairs of pot holders to give as Christmas gifts. Plus, I've been told it's going to be another leaf-raking/blowing day here. Usually the leaves are all down before Halloween, but this year, they are really hanging on and putting on a show of color unusual for our area.

Have a Fab Friday!

Mary Z

Return to “Sew ins”