Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, November 7th

Daily discussions.
TeresaK

Thursday, November 7th

Post by TeresaK » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:12 pm

Good Morning Everyone
It has been a while since I have been here. I have missed you all. I see things that bring to mind many of you, especially in the Fall and when my FB page reminds me of the past and the trip we took in 2015.

I would like to put in a plug for the November Lotto. It really is an easy block especially after the first one. They always take the longest time. So I hope you will join us even if you only make one block. It is the LAST month for you to send to your SS if you should WIN. Here is the information....
BLOCK: 12” Disappearing Hourglass - Crazy Eight - MAKE A TEST BLOCK, please. ImageImageImage
DIRECTIONS: https://d2v8skpstyl8bm.cloudfront.net/D ... -Final.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a124Y6Ho51o
Fabrics - Definitely CHRISTMAS Prints
Background: Christmas White’s, Creams, Grays. Polka Dots with tiny colors, Stars, Swirls

Today we are getting an early start to get the blood work done for PreOp on my foot. I would Love your prayers in making sure it goes well and quickly so that this Op on my right foot can be done this coming Wednesday. I am exhausted limping around.
Quilts are being quilted and Rob is as healthy as he can be with his heart at 45%. We are enjoying what we are able to do.
Have a MARVELOUS HUMP DAY!!!!

fabricgirl

Re: Thursday, November 7th

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:27 am

Good Morning Teresa what a nice surprise to see you in the sew in section I'm sorry I cant Join in the lotto blocks but I have a couple of irons in the fire.
Today is ugly day and then some mt.washmore I swear i dont know where it all comes from there is only 2 of us here.

Well Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:40 am

good morning to all. Today is going to be a fun day. I get to raid Joan's ( regional coordinator for SC- qov) studio for 5 bolts of assorted and 2 bolts for the borders. My partner in crime, the other Diane, and I are going to make as many top kits as we can. Myrtle Beach shore birds now have over 500 vets are our request list. We're going to use a studio cutter and hope to package at least 100 kits. Tumbling blocks might be easy to cut and package--I hope. Fingers crossed. We start on Monday.

Hope everyone enjoys the day.
Mary- your sons book came yesterday, will start reading tonight.

Coffee is calling
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:32 am

Good morning all Teresa welcome back. Diane you sure do make a lot of QOVs wht fun to give to our wonderful veterans, Lois I hear you with the full plate.

Today is packing and uglies. We head to Columbus Ohio for the hockey tournament with Liam. Hoping for at least a win or two. I was going to take the yoyos then decided on the woolie table runner I am still working on. It is all kitted and in onw place. Hoping there is a table in our hotel room. I need to get some room snacks together because during these tournaments the boys are in and out of rooms. so snacks are necessary. If there is a pool they will spend some of the day tomorrow there, we will have a quiet evening since the boys have to be at the rink at 830 in the morning,,,and a good breakfast is necessary too. its a toough job being Liams grandparents but someone has to do it LOL . we do enjoy it while we can....soon they will out grown it.

I will pack up and send my SS out on monday,,,or tuesday It will go far away from me but Im not going to say where LOL I have almost all my send out gifts ready to go. and just need a few more gift cards for gifts and one other christmas gift to buy. I have started sorting in the basement...I am itching to decorate, but I am holding off,,, A few things have sneaked into the upstairs. Wreaths are in the works..some are blank some are shabby and need to be redon...Especially the outdoor ones...so that will be my next thing...I found a box of wired ribbon I forgot i had so that will help/ hope you all have a great weeknd,,,I will not be on till Monday morning but I will read each day on my phone...XXXXXXOOOOOOO Be good.

carole

Post by carole » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:38 am

GOod Morning,

Today Luke decided that I need to get up at 4:30. Lol don't know why he does that because he doesn't get fed until 6:00. Guess he just needs my company. Lol

MaryZ. You asked me if the quilting groups I belong to are the same gals. SOme belong to each group, but on the whole they are all different. I belong to a machine embroidery group on Monday and my BFF is in this grouo. On Tuesday, I belong to a hand embroidery group and these ladies are mostly different gals. Every other Friday , that group is a group of 32 ladies that we have been quilting with for 19 years. So there you have.

Today is the start of our couples bocci group, and after that it is Thursty Thursday with our neighbors on our block. THirsty Thursday is once a month at someone's house (we all take turns) and you bring an appetizer to share and your drink. It keeps our block close and we keep track of everyone.

Yesterday I worked most of the day on getting ready for a block of the month with my BFF on our machine embroidery machine. This is really challenging us. It is a Block of the Month by Sara Vedler. NEver again. Lol

Well I am off to beta cuppa and feed the dog. Praying for the twins. I feel for those parents, they must be so physically and emotionally exhausted. Wish I could wrap my arms around them.

See ya tomorrow .

Carole

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:54 am

Morning
Teresa glad to see you post. If I can dig out sewing room I may try block lotto, but half my kitchen still in there & kitchen not ready to be fully put together.
Yesterday was fun. We went to outback steakhouse in Joplin for lunch. The manager, a nice young man, came out to say happy anniversary to us. After talking he was from LA and was familiar with Big Bear. When he told us name of favorite breakfast haunt, we not only are there, but new the owners! After talking awhile, we found out he comped our desserts before even joining us.
Joe also got me a few rare pieces of Corning Ware, 2 teapots, a pie plate, a serving plate & a small loaf pan!
Today is life as usual.
Flo

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:25 am

Good morning,

Not much time here. Guess I need to get up earlier.

Diane, I bought a tumbler kit at a quilt show once, it was 5 inch squares and the template to make the tumbler. Havne't opened it yet.

Teresa, prayers for successful foot stuff. I wanted to do the lotto but time just isn't my friend lately.

Becca, be sure and update us on the twins, Can't wait to hear about the successful surgery.

My day will be spent at work, then to go make some copies and finally home. so much to do so little time it seems.

Gotta go, have a fun day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:55 am

Good morning, one and all!

A bit nippy here and the sky has a beautiful reddy orange tinge.

Not much here, just plain old boring life. I finished most of the hand embroidery work on my Nativity Wall hanging yesterday. Just the few strands for hay and the sheep's eyes are left. I vetoed the piece I thought of using for the borders, so need to find a replacement and a backing. I will see what Sarah is up to today and enlist her help.

A media outlet here sent a request to Aaron's boss for Aaron to do a interview. It is scheduled for next Tuesday. We have a hunch as to which one, because this last weekend he helped out one of the weekend anchors by changing her tire on the freeway. It will be fun to see.

Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:05 am

Good morning,

Teresa I will try to do some blocks.
Chriss I can loan you some of my time, I have plenty! :lol:
Lois if you just went around in the nude, Mt. Washmore would not get so big!
Grammie wow 500 vets! Wish I had some time to help
Carole your Thirsty Thursday sounds like a great idea. Here in sunny CA things are not so cozy.

Big meeting at work today. Got a phone call from the Clinical Director last night wanting to know if the staff did all their notes for the meeting. With this new program what I thought was the notes is apparently not so now she is upset. Tossed and turned until after midnight. Took some Tylenol, then decided to look and see if I got the email she said she sent out, yep there it was, and yep, I did send the information on to the staff. It's on them! I really think the way they trained for this switch was horrible and now I get email after email with instructions and they expect everything to go smoothly. I think I will tell her today!

Dad has dr. appt today so only have to go in for half a day. :D Will do next weeks schedule from the comfort of my couch!

Becca ongoing prayers for the twins. I know God is watching over them.

Off for more coffee!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:19 am

Good morning,

TERESA - good to see you join us! Sorry you need foot surgery. What are you having done? Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery. I will look at the lotto block. It's a busy month, November.

CHRISS - I think a tumbler would be a great pattern for a kid's quilt and each piece could be fussy cut for an I spy quilt.

CAROLE - Wow! You are really sew social! Sounds like you have a lot of fun. I like the idea of the Thursty Thursday, especially!

JUDI - you are really the best grandparents I know! I know it will be fun, but 4 days plus gas, motel and restaurant expenses has to be taking a hit on the holiday budget. But Liam will grow up soon and when he looks back on these times with you, it will be worth it! Enjoy the getaway - and what the heck! Throw in those yo-yo's, too! You may want a change of pace.

DIANE - I hope you enjoy the story. I have to admit, I didn't figure out "who dun it" until it was revealed in the end. And I was his first 'editor'! lol! (this is why I keep most of my books and can read them over and over again! lol!) when you make the kits, do you do the cutting or just provide the fabric?

LOIS - I don't get laundry, either. Just the two of us. I have 4 loads each week.

JANA - I would love to see the piece the media does on Aaron and his job. Let us know when you know. I would also love to see your Nativity wall-hanging! I made one several years ago. It's embellished with 3-D elements, beads, sequins, etc. I also have a simple Holy Family (designed by Sindy of current gnome fame). Not sure where I'm going to put them.

CINDY - I know you're out there . . . .

MARY Q - Have you gotten caught up in the big storm we saw on the national news sweeping from your area eastward? Hope your son's trip isn't affected by it.

VALERIE - I hope you are loving this new job because it sounds stressful. It' s even stressing me out worrying about it! lol!! I hope the meeting goes well today and you get out in time to take your dad to his doctor appt. Does your dad ambulate well? Can he walk to/from the car and get in and out? My dad was in a W/C his last few years and I had to transfer him for dr appts. It was difficult.

Yesterday I cleaned the messes I had going on in my kitchen and dining room from the great dish/glassware swap. Then put binding on my Vintage Christmas and made 4 potholders. I'm using blocks from the Vintage Christmas book for my potholders. I add a 1-1/2" border round them to bring them up to a finished 8". I'm having a lot of fun with these. They will all be Christmas and birthday gifts. I will check out Teresa's video and if it's one of those deceptively easy blocks, will give it a try. As we all know, Nov is a busy sewing month for quilters. Anything I tackle in Nov has to be quick and easy.

I have a massage today. It's been 6 weeks since my last one and I'm really feeling it.

Wishing you all sew much fun!

mary z

Return to “Sew ins”