Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUNDAY, Oct 20th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

SUNDAY, Oct 20th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:13 am

Good morning!

We're 45* and dry this morning. So far. Better than yesterday! After a week of rain, we're going to be rewarded for not being too crabby about it with a week of sunshine! Starting Tuesday. We have another 'system' to roll through here yet though.

JANA - today is Disneyland day! Hooray!! Did you get any snow?

CHRISS & VALERIE - did you have a fabulous time yesterday??

KATHY - are you feeling better?

MARY Q - I woke up dreaming of your driveway this morning. I was wondering if it's any longer than it was 4 years ago . . . .

LORI - what is your friendship group? Like a quilting club but no quilts?

JUDI - did you get all your wood yesterday or do you have to go back for more?

DIANE - how is the storm watch going? I love "sewy weather".

This morning is uglies - and some of them are pretty ugly! Then doing the Washtub Watusi while we watch the Seahawks. Tomorrow Kenn & Sue arrive! Boing!!

I still haven't had time to lay out my Christmas swap blocks. Maybe Sue and I will do it tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure she'll love crawling around on my living room floor! lol!!

Wishing you thread! On your bobbins! All the time! The right color!
mary z

WeSignificant

Re: SUNDAY, Oct 20th

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:21 am

Good morning!

Chriss and I had a great time. Lots to see, not so much to buy. I bought a pattern or 2 and 20 fat quarters for one of them. There were some gorgeous quilts. I took a few pic that I will try to post later from my phone. My legs are shot today but that's okay. I would do it again in a heart beat! Chriss is so wonderful to be with. Can't think of a better way to have spent my day. We were thinking next year, a few more of you could join us!

Chriss brought me a gift from my SS for my birthday. I package of 6 spools of Gutemann thread. I like the European threads as they are wound the opposite of American and they don't seem to knot as easy. A variety of colors too which is always helpful. So thank you SS!

Not too much else going today. Will get Dad his bath, some paperwork to do and want to reserve at least an hour or two for sewing. I am getting behind on my SS project. I also need to get my to my CEU class. 23 more questions!

Need more coffee!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:52 am

Good morning!

Ethan update - today he rolls into Disneyland. Still no clue, just that they are on a adventure. The three of them had fun in Vegas and Sandee was very happy to have yummy gluten free food. Sarah said there will be pictures as Ethan finally realizes where he is going. Both she and Sandee takes tons of pictures.

For us left here, it is business as usual. Church a bit later. I do have snow on the ground here today. More than last time it snowed.

Kate brought over dinner last night, the soup we made for the shower. It was good. She is on duty today, so Sarah's DH has the little girls.

Here, my 9ners are one of the two remaining undefeated teams and not on TV - again! Rats! So that leaves me time to play in the Batt Cave after Church.

Stay warm, no slipping on the snow, and do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:22 am

Good morning,,,We slept in and are sore today...we split and loaded a full cord of wood yesterday...Stacked a bunch for my sister,,,and beought a truckload home we still have to stack that, Did not get the jeep running yet there were some hiccups in putting the sensor in, UTUBE will help Ken figure it out today. We have Liam here so I need to get hom fed he just got up/ He has a hockey game today....(a few prayers are needed)

I will do some uglies while they stack the wood...We shoulf have a winter of cozy fires. and the shop is heated with wood too.

I need coffee..hope everyone has a wonderful day and a ton of fun XXXXXOOOOOO

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:40 am

Good morning all! Rob and Sadie just left for home. Had a great time this weekend. Went to football game and Chris's team won big time. Chris scored a pat and Rob enjoyed watching him play. Saturday went to Stranahan and we say the Broadway cast of Fiddler On The Roof. It was fantastic. They did a great job. Rob took me to P F Chang's afterwards for my birthday dinner. Their restaurant has such good food. I am going to go get my newspaper and then just stay in and watch football today.

So glad the Astros won last night. After the Cubs they are my next favorite team. Looking forward to the World Series next week. Unfortunately my Wolverines lost yesterday to Penn State by one touchdown. We have been so up and down this year.

Need to get my Elf's teaser in the mail this week.

Well, better go get dressed and feed the "furbabies". Hope everyone has a good day.

Sherry

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:48 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Sunny Sunday.... with only a 50-50 chance of rain. We had some high winds yesterday, so most of the beautiful fall leaves are now on the ground!

Maryz…. Nope the driveway is still the same size it was before :lol: :lol: It only seems bigger when I think about having to shovel the whole thing! When Sue arrives, give her a big hug from me! I just know you will have a GREAT time while she is there!

Val... Not so many Vendors at this show? But fun to just spend a day with Chriss… And how cool to get a SS gift too!

Jana.... OH OH… I think I'm getting addicted to skinnies!!!! Last night I traced a 3rd Peppermint one!

Judi... .gosh I hope you can take it a little bit easier today... stacking all that wood! Maybe a nap is in order while the boys work on the Jeep?

Sherry... Lucky you …. too see Fiddler on the Roof.... one of my FAVORITES! I had a couple songs from that musical as wedding music when I got married. "Sunrise Sunset" I wonder if I could find the movie of it on Amazon... I had PF Changs for dinner last night too, you can buy it in the freezer section of the grocery store. :lol:

Yesterday I did manage to get the Dr Seuss quilt laid out... will pin today. I definitely HAVE to finish it NOW... I thought baby boy was just late November... Nope... He was born Yesterday!
It's my Sister Ann's First Grand baby and as you can imagine, she is over-the-moon in love!
His name is Bodhi.... pronounced "bo-dee" No idea how they came up with that name, but I guess it's cute. He'll just have to spell his name his whole life.. but like Ann said... sometimes we Grandma's just have to keep our mouths shut! Right???

My coffee is now good and cold, so I think I'll go warm it up and then take my shower... I can only stand myself so long.. :roll: :lol:

Wishing you all a Super Sunday

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:51 am

Maryq - the mittens and snow hat is a fun one too in that Skinnie pattern you have. Randomly sew a bunch of scraps, then cut them out - they are fun!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:39 am

Good morning, yesterday was a marvelously wonderful day and today will be wonderful as well.

My bus was a little late coming into the quilt show but Valerie and I being so tech savy texted each other and met up. what a fun fun time. I didn't buy anything Val bought some patterns and FQ's. I told her I would be reporting back to her secret Santa so she would the inside scoop. We had lunch and lots of fun.

If you ever get a chance to spend a day with Valerie do it. it was a great time. Would be wonderful if we could get a group together and go to this show. It's big enough to take an entire day and small enough to not be overwhelmed.

Maryz, what fun to have a playdate with Sue. I sure wish I were there. Be sure and post a picture of your Christmas layout. It's a quilt top I want to put together and want to see another option. Sorry you have to go so far to take care of the Vicky issue but I have to say you have dealt with this for a very long time. I am in your court. I am sure she would come outside for the person serving paperwork if you would mow or move your trailer or do something outside that would cause her to come out.

Valerie, Thanks, I also had fun and hope we can do it again. I have decided I am going to turn my spending money into a gift card and buy some of the things I looked at on line. I really want to try one of those collage patterns. Can't wait to see what you make with those fq's, you picked some really great colors. Can't wait to give your Santa a full report.

Jana, I am on the edge of my seat waiting to hear Ethan's reaction. They were smart to not tell him where they were going, he would have been saying are we there yet for the entire trip. Soup is always better the next day. Jerry has some chicken noodle he made yesterday that will be my lunch today.

Judi, wood stacking isn't for sissies. makes your body move in directions that you never knew it could move. and it makes you stretch muscles you never knew you had. That was a workout.

Sherry, sounds like yours was the best birthday ever. those boys of your sure love their mom, they must have been raised right.

Maryq, congratulations on the new addition in your family. There are so many names that I have never heard before that babies are being named. I think hmm, that is a unique name then as they grow you see many others with the same name. guess the new names are the Mary's and Christine's of our generations. So, since you know who Valerie's Santa is and who my Santa is are you just sitting there giggling ?

I need to get me some breakfast then get my day started. I slept in and am energized. sort of anyway, :D

Hope you all have a wonderful day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:54 am

Maryq I checked and Fiddler On The Roof is available on Amazon. I have the DVD and have had it for years because it too is one of my favorites. Hope you can get a copy.

Sherry

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:45 pm

A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”