Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday October 19

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Saturday October 19

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:11 am

Good morning, where is everybody.

It is Quilt show day!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Saturday October 19

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:15 am

I'm here. it's going to be a great day today. really great.

Gotta go grab some breakfast then it's off to my play date with Valerie.

You all have a marvy day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:19 am

Good morning!

We have hard pouring rain this morning. Ugh! We are driving to Seattle (45 miles) to spread Uncle Ernie's ashes, along with his wife's who died 5 yrs ago. Bill said I didn't have to go. But I know he would go if things were reversed. So I'm going. Other fun activities we've been doing this week is going to court two days in a row to get an anti-harassment order against neighbor, Vicki. A deputy will serve it on Monday. Cost $98 for the order and $75 to have it served, plus all the time, fuel, and bridge tolls. Starting to cut into my quilting money! We just hope she opens the door when a deputy comes calling because we don't get our money back. And she generally doesn't open the door for people she doesn't know, especially deputies. And the last deputy that knocked on her door a year ago had her taken away in an ambulance! If they are unable to serve it on Monday then we have a second copy and we have to pay another person - any uninvolved person over 18 yrs old - to serve it. There will be another hearing Nov 1. I haven't been able to circle back to my Christmas swap blocks yet, but maybe this afternoon . . . .

CHRISS - My grandson, Alec, is the chef. He is 22. I will let him know he is your favorite. His specialty is baking. Maybe you could talk him into some muffins . . The "other grands" are named Drew. He is 26 and works for a title company. I will let him know he is NOT your favorite. Poor Drew. Have a fab time SS shopping with VAL today at the quilt show. Is the bus picking you up at your driveway? How long is the drive?

VAL - have a fab time SS shopping today with Chriss! Do you have a bus, too? How far is the drive from your end?

SHARONA - while your sitting in your sewing hole, maybe you could sew something?

That's about all I've got for today. Except I received a little surprise in the mail from amazon. A pack of notecards with retro RV's on them Same RV's as is on the quilt I made for our trailer! No card or order form enclosed. I think Amazon is my Secret Santa!

Have a super day! Stay dry!

mary z

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:09 am

Good morning from dry Myrtle beach. Looks like the storm will start in the afternoon. By tomorrow should be gone. Darn, when it comes to the heavy rain and wild winds-I such have to suffer and sew, oh may! LOL! Hope everyone has a great weekend. Hope only good news for the weekend from anyone in the storm range.
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:36 am

Good morning all I did not spend the night with the kids as the parents cancelled their trip. But they stayed out till midnight and I had to sleep in this morning,,, But all is well. Ken has a the bathroom dance last night so Liam did not come home(we werent sure if it was the food he ate at work or the bug) tuens out he feels better this morning and he wil go get Liam to spend some time here,,,they will probably go to get the car fixed...Ken bought another beater to drive to work, it needs a part and is in very good condition it also had a super inexpensive price tag. so the truck will not be in the salt and snow. His other beater went to our son, we will winterize the camper today and put it to bed for the winter,,,it was in the 30s last night so it is time...

Val and Chriss have a wonderful time together and enjoy the quilt show.
Maryz hope you can get Vickie served
Diane hope the storm goes away quickly.
everyone have a great day XXXXXXOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:16 am

Good morning!

Storms rolling in tonight bringing snow to my yard. Not much, maybe 2 inches. It is very nippy outside as well.

Kate is coming over this morning with the girls. It is Bridezilla's bridal shower this afternoon and Kate was asked to make my tortilla soup. So I am helping Kate.

Not much going on here. Just normal Saturday doings.

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:46 am

Chriss and Valerie, have a great time today.

Jana, did Sarah make it to Disneyland with Ethan. I bet there will be lots of fun stories from that trip.

I'm going to see with my friendship group again today.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:08 am

They leave this afternoon, spend the night in Vegas and arrive Sunday in Disneyland. There until Thursday, then south to Seaworld and OIAD. Home that second Sunday.

Return to “Sew ins”