Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday October 18,2019

Daily discussions.
QuiltGram8

Re: Friday October 18,2019

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:10 am

Chriss: I will try my best. I borrowed my husband's phone to take some screen shots, so let's see how it comes out.
It will take me awhile.
Vel

Chriss, I sent you a PM. Hope I did that right. Hope you receive.
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:17 am

Good morning

Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes yesterday, it is always nice to be remembered. I told DH no presents I was spending all the $$ at the quilt show! It was a good day, I checked the mail as I hadn't the day before. Nice cards from my daughter and grandchildren. They wrote some very nice things and now I am afraid they have actually grown up. So despite work, it was nice to remember their words to carry me through.

Today is the interview with the new Director. I've decided as long as she is likable, she has the job. I can teach her what she doesn't know (her background is home health not hospice but similar) and I can buy her a big stick!

I plan to sew on Sunday. I am going to pull the "It's my birthday weekend so I don't have to do uglies card. LOL DH won't know what hit him.

Becca always like the update on the twins. Yes it does sound like Brodee is getting his fair share of complications and then some. But he is fighting through it all. Sure wish I was going to be around when they are about 35 just to see where life has taken them. Maybe we will have a man on Mars and it will be Brodee! He has certainly shot past the moon. Hadlee can be the new Eleanor! Who knows.

Well I overslept by about an hour so I best get busy. Will check in later.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:29 am

Good Cloudy Morning......

I hope I'm back for good. I have 2 prescriptions from my primary Dr & 3 from the dermatologist, I think that should make me better. I'm enjoying the prednisone, it takes all the ache & pains away, It also brightens up my mood. I must get all the uglies done in the next week or so. The ones that really bother my shoulders. Oh yes the draw back to the prednisone is I was up all night listening to a book on CD....LOL

I've pulled out fabrics & Christmas projects. I want to make Strawberry mug rugs Now I see why people the machines that cut out shapes. Hope to work on them a little today.
Maryz I'm sorry to hear you lost a LQS. I had 2 but one is gone. I the one that's left is in a very old church. The stairs to the 2ed floor are tiny & steep.

Lois.......today is our last day of wind, we got crazy rain. I can't wait to see your gnomes.

Suzette......have a wonderful sewing day.

Vel......be careful of the wind, thousands of people here have lost power. Your quilt is going to make someone very happy.

Jana......we are a warm 50' here.What a great idea using anchors on the swing. How nice mother & daughter working together. Happy sewing

Judi.......you do have a really busy day. Buying furniture from the Amish will be fun.

Becca......thank you for the update.....love hearing the good news. Tiny little angles. Thank you for you prayers. Enjoy your visit.

Chriss.....have a smooth fast day at work.

Love & Prayers........Kathy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:34 am

Good morning,

Sorry I'm late to the coffee klatch this morning. This has been an unusually busy week here and it's not over yet. Yesterday we were in Tacoma all morning long and then spent the afternoon at Costco. Got another chunk of Christmas shopping done. Our only REAL gift that's left to buy is for our 26 yr old grandson. He has his own home but we have no idea what he needs. . . A housekeeper, I think! lol! And we do have a price limit. In sewing news, I got our my Christmas swap blocks and got them all pressed and squared up. Now to find the time to lay them all out on the carpet and arrange them. I am so into Christmas right now that I'm afraid I'll run out of Christmasy stuff to do! lol!

I've read everything but don't have time to respond this morning, except to say that I was coming back yesterday afternoon to wish VALERIE a happy birthday, but went to Costco instead and it was 5pm before I sat down. So sorry, Val, but I hope it was a happy birthday! And just think - you get to be with Chriss this weekend!

and CHRISS - maybe it's the tall people that are vertically challenged! Ever think of that?? Huh?? Well, did you??? I can get down on my stomach and wiggle back into the bottom blind corner cabinets in my kitchen! Can you do that? :D

JUDI - have fun with the kiddoes. I love Liam - "I have things to do at Pa's". Priceless!

BECCA - love hearing the good news about the twins! If they go into cribs, does that mean they'll be going into the PCU?

KATHY - glad to see your meds are helping. You know what they say, "better living through chemistry!" I do my cutting out of many pieces while watching TV in the evening. It seems to go faster.

Got to run! Things to do, places to go, people to see. Another busy day in the paradise I call my life.

Make your day a great one!
mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:51 am

Flo - that icon shows up in the Quilting photo section - when you want to start a topic. It is there. There is also a pencil looking one that allows you to edit your post. Oh, it is here too - looks like a photo of a mountain. All those above of what you are typing. Hold your mouse arrow over each and they show what they are.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:55 am

I posted as Chriss asked. Check it out and please let me know if it makes sense. I tried to do it step by step.
😁
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:40 am

Good Morning Girls

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERY ONE!!! The sun is shining this morning and that always make me smile :) Did not want to get out of bed tho… I was having a sweet dream with Kevin Costner----need I say more??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lois.... I saw pictures of the gnomes on FB but I didn't realize that you could buy the pattern there! I did buy/download the Christmas Gnome quilt pattern, but I am telling myself I WILL NOT START IT NOW! As tempted as I am to at least trace on fusible.... I've already fused a 2nd Gnome Again to background---all girls in flower dresses & hats... that may wait until after Christmas.

Suzette.... Must be ESP... got my deck furniture put away too.... though I didn't get it inside the garage... it's just moved to one side of the deck.. still need to get a tarp or something to cover it up.

Velda... Thanks for the tutorial on posting pictures... Once I decided to go with the "old way" I haven't had any trouble... even tho my pictures come out a little big... I like BIG.. easier on the old eyes! :lol: :lol: all the chat about apples is making me hungry for Apple Crisp!

Jana.... I've come to the conclusion that there is no point in cleaning up my sewing room.... not just yet anyway... Maybe after Christmas! :lol: I whipped up the Peppermint skinny yesterday... only I was so excited to do it, I totally forgot to put the border on it! Makes a cute little table runner though! :lol:

Judi... Hope you have a fun weekend with the kids!

Becca.... That IS great news... that the babies will be able to go regular cribs soon! That's GOOD sign! I'm think hernias in baby boys is not all the uncommon and it's good they can fix it at the same time the stint is done.

Chriss…. BOING BOING BOING. Hope you guys have a GREAT time tomorrow. that worked out perfect for you to be able to bring Val a treat from her SS! Don't you love it when a plan comes together. You know we will want to see pictures.

Valerie..... What a DOPE I am... totally forgot your birthday! Hope it was a great one! I just know that you and Chriss will have a ball tomorrow... AND, I've got my fingers crossed for a great interview today and that the gal will TAKE the job. (don't tell her the bad stuff ) :lol:

Kathy..... SO good to see you are feeling better. Will you have to be on the Prednisone long term or just the short one week therapy. I loved the prednisone shot in my knee, but it's not really something you want to be on forever... and it really messes with sleep! My Sis-in-law has one of the fancy Cricut machines.... hers will cut fabric! I just have to get her over here to cut shapes for me!

Maryz…. Sure wish I could have gone to Costco with you!!! Wouldn't pay for me to have my own membership---though I would if I could get a one day pass? I'd love to look around there and stock up on a few things. Shawn said they bought a 1/2 of a lamb at Costco---he loves lamb and is going to force me to try it! UGH.

After a shine up upstairs, I'm headed down to the sewing room.... I tried the birthing method on the tree skirt --- epic failure... No way would it be smooth enough to quilt.... so Jack (the ripper) and I spent a little quality time taking it apart... will go back to Plan A and sandwich and bias bind. Might just set aside for now... I really should get nephew's Dr. Seuss quilt layered/pinned/quilted first. And since the hamper is over flowing, Mr. Maytag can do his thing whilst I sew!

Wishing you all a Fabulous Friday

womster

Post by womster » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:26 am

Jack (the ripper) - Maryq you are a hoot!

Looks like I've missed posting almost all week. Busy here as well - had to work yesterday so that threw me off. I'm getting ready to head out to the shop where my sewing hole is and maybe just sit there for awhile. The winds are coming back - we were down to 6% humidity yesterday - so that even rubbing two sticks together would cause a fire. It is SO dry here. I also loved taking prednisone, but now that I have the afib I can't take it any more. Sure was nice to not have the aches and pains. Have a great day, my quilting peeps! xoxo Sharona

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:09 am

Maryz, the cabinet comment made me laugh. Could we get a video of that? lol

Valerie and Chriss, hope you have a great time at the show tomorrow.

I'm off to my friendship group to sew today.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:03 pm

I've been on this QIAD site for almost 5 years. So why do I have to sign with password? To the best of knowledge I have never been told I have been posting anything indecent so why am I having a problem?

HELP
Diane

Return to “Sew ins”