Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday October 15,2019

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday October 15,2019

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:49 am

Good Morning Everyone,
Yesterday was a great day the sun came out we were in the 70's Sandi was here with Olivia and Virgil Olivia cut my hair virgil bought me muffins that he made from scratch they we so good then we went to hobby lobby we looked at all the stuff and had a ball but 1 thing I forgot to get and that was backing so I guess I will have to make another trip.
Then we went to the mall olivia wanted to go to bath n body works she bought supply's and candels.
Then we all went home my DH and Virgil stayed home they went to KFC to pickup lunch.

We all had such a nice day .
Today I have some stuff to do around here and then a BJ's run then home and some sewing.

Well I hope you all have a good day.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Tuesday October 15,2019

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:13 am

Good morning,,it is still dark and 35 here,,,cold. Today is another grand daughters birthday. We will have dinner with the family,I need to run and buy cards,,,I usually buy a bunch at a time and look at all the cute cute hallmark Christmas stuff that is out...so that is my plan today,,,if the dancing snowman for this year is out I will buy then,,, home to work on the DGD quilt. almost pieced,,,waiting on the border fabric to arrive. when O load this quilt it will be time to sort through the Christmas stuff and see what I will do this year,,,it is the year of the wreath. so I will make some new ones for my house...hope you all have a wonderful day....XXXXOOOO

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:57 am

[url] https://i.postimg.cc/3xTxb66R/IMG-20191 ... 510619.jpg [url]
This is a test: I tried yesterday to post this picture. Had trouble finding the spot to add an image. Well, I guess it still doesn't work. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.
We enjoyed laying all the pretty quilts out on church pews. Next Monday, after the blessings of the quilts, we box them up with the health kits for shipping them out.
Another chilly day here. No fishing. Have dentist teeth cleaning this afternoon.
Now to get coffee!
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:00 am

Good morning. The nice cool weather is starting here in Myrtle Beach. (Finally)
Today will be a mix of sewing on a qov top and a little house cleaning. (In that order)
Happy to hear the twins are gaining weight and holding their own.
Well off to get coffee.
Diane

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:15 am

Good Morning Ladies

Another day of making trips to the camper and loading all the items it takes to make the trip to Houston. We head south on Monday to spend some time with Maryz and Bill. Can't wait to sit out on her very cozy deck! It's a wonderful place. :D

I finished my "Orange" quilt and have started on another. This one has 'some' cheddar color along with Indigo Blues. More of a CW look. I love experiencing with colors and prints other than the proverbial flowers.

Have done about half of the Christmas shopping, now to get it wrapped and into the camper. Hauling all my Dept. 56 Village to my DGD.... she wants it, along with an antique cedar chest. I think these things used to be called a "hope chest". She refers to it as her quilt chest. It is full of quilts! :lol:

Velda~ That is a very impressive collection of quilts to be Blessed!
Judi~ Would love to see your new 'wreaths' when finished. The smell of Fir is heavenly!
Lyn~ Will I see you at the Houston Show this year? Cindyg and I plan to be there.

I need to find coffee and get my day going.
Hugs to all~
Sue

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:19 am

Good morning everyone

Yes Chriss Saturday is the day! Can't wait. Glad you are saving your millions! Yes I will pick out many things for your elf just in case it's me! I was at LQS on saturday. She told me to be prepared to be overwhelmed. Thought we should take one day for the vendors and one day for the quilts. Maybe next year.

Becca good news about the twins. I think 60 grams is around 2 ounces. I'll be they were darling all dressed up. How much do they want Brodee to weigh before the surgery?

I am anxious to get a new director in the office. Interviewing one on Friday. I will be having a conversation with the clinical Director today. This can no longer be on me. I tried to explain to a nurse yesterday that rules don't change just because a director leaves. I was promptly told " yes they do, everything resets". Well how can I argue with that logic!

I have read last few days but not time to respond to all. Much to do before work.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:28 am

Good morning Ladies

Well went to guild last night and to my surprise my little Jack o lantern quilt took third out of challenge quilts. I received a 20 dollar gift card. Altogether this quilt has received $45 in prizes . Simple but cute.
Today going to chop and freeze some onions. Also going to order my new living room curtains. I tried the bedroom curtains in living room . I liked the look so I am going to go for it. :lol:
Vel I too am having trouble posting pictures.
Sue I also have about half Christmas shopping done.
Lois Sounds like you had a wonderful day.
Well I need more coffee
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:42 am

Good morning everyone,late again but the bed was too cozy on a chilly morning.lol
Valerie Brodee has to weigh 4 Lbs.Hes at 31/2 now.
Lois Glad you had a great day with family.
Velda That is incredible all your quilts you made.I have never seen ours out like that.Great idea.I do know ours are prayed over before delivery.
Judi Hope you post pictures of wreaths.
Diane We are cooler also.
Lyn Enjoy your travels.Glad you got to hug Maddox.
Sue Enjoy your sewing.
Katy Congrats on your win .Sure-its a cute quilt.
Must get moving.Denise & Mark are coming this week so must get sewing room back in order.A mess now.Have mumbo dance todo.Hugs to all Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:46 am

Good morning,

LOIS - you really had a fantastic day with your family! Plus you get to go fabric shopping again today!

VELDA - That rainbow of quilts was a sight to see. Now where is it exactly that you are sending them?

KATHY - where are you, dearie??

JUDI - happy birthday to your DGD! I hope you can find just the dancing snowman you want. What are you making your wreaths out of? and how many are you making? Back in the 70's my mom saved plastic bread sacks for years, cut them into strips, tied them onto a rounded wire dress hanger, and then spray painted them silver.

JANA - I always keep the selvage on backings if I can for just the reason you stated.

DIANE - smart to prioritize sewing over house cleaning!

KATY - congratulations on your big win with your quilt!

BECCA - 3-1/2 pounds! The twins are really growing! Have fun getting ready for Denise and Mark's visit!

VAL - have a great time with Chriss? Have you two done this together before? I be green! :mrgreen:

SUE - we are fluffing up the cement parking pad now to make it all nice and comfy for you! Dont' forget to save room for your new table! lol! My mom always called my hope chest my "hopeless" chest. Clever mom. I started filling it by 6 yrs old. There is a quilt show in Tillamook Oct 26 or 27 if you are up for a little side trip . . .

FLO - how are you and the seam ripper getting along now?

CHRISS - I'm happy the house should be closed by end of week. I bet you'll be spoiling those little kids before they get their teddies upacked! I don't think my DDIL does much quilting untill a friend or cousin has a baby. Then she just whips out a baby quilt as if she's been sewing for 30 years. She runs a Rover.com business in their home and she puts her heart and soul and most of her time into her "stays".

SHARONA - congratulations to your DGD on her graduation from boot camp! Do you know where her first duty station will be? and happy birthday to your other DGD! Lots of fun in your family this week!!

We enjoyed DWTS last night. It was Disney night and the fun thing was no one got sent home! Today I have a few uglies to do, make some more progress on a quilt I'm quilting, meet a gilrfriend for coffee, and our happy hour friends for - well - happy hour at 4pm. In the evenings, I play with my woolies in front of the TV.

Piece!
mary z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:03 am

Morning
Vel, I have same thing happen when I post a pic. Very frustrating.
Maryz, did not need seam ripper yesterday, and I got second quilt together! Today I will work on adding pieced section to backing to make her fabric work and piece binding.
Posted on Facebook site for hand quilters about quilts. Suggestion was to use poly batting instead of cotton. I was thinking if that not for ease of quilting but cost...so I need to price batting I guess.
Coffee time.
Flo

Return to “Sew ins”