Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday october 13,2019

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Sunday october 13,2019

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:55 am

Good Morning Everyone,
Yesterday was a big bust I got nothing in either spot I was so mad joanna didn't have what I wanted the warehouse had even more of what I didn't want so when I came back I put the finishing touches on something so my dd called me when she was on lunch I told her I couldn't get anymore of the fabric I wanted she went to joanns by her job and was able to get it.
Today we are going to home depot my fan in the dining room and bedroom need to be replaced we use them year round to circulate
The air after that I will sew.
Everyone have a great day.
Lois

billizzy

Re: Sunday october 13,2019

Post by billizzy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:18 am

Good morning. Made it to SC around 10 stopped n will finish drive to beach today. Dd got us up at 6 lol. She doesn't like motels.

So you all mentioned cold. Friday my kids in Los Alamos were in coats it was 36 there. Crazy I always picture NM as hot. Its raining this morning here. Suppose to be mid 70s all week which is better than home its 50. Burrrr.

Well off to get bfast then hit the road.

Hugs n prayers.
🐐izzy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:28 am

Good morning,

LOIS, sorry your shopping trip was a dud, though I was glad your DD was able to find what you were looking for. I stopped at Joann's, too, since we were in Tacoma at a restaurant close to the store. I, too, was looking to see what sort of wool they carried. I found NONE! But rows and rows of fleece. I don't care for fleece. And I also noted they don't carry W&N batting in our Joann's either. People here were saying they couldn't find it either so I thought, just for interest sake, I'd check our store. They had some cheap, fuzzy stuff on a roll and some packaged cuts. A brand I'd never heard of.

Bill's family dinner yesterday was nice if rather long - 3 hours. There are three non-stop talkers in the crowd and it was a little amusing to watch them try to talk over each other. When we got home I started a woolie project for my DDIL for Christmas. Hope to make more progress on that today and get it ready to take to the TV. Seahawks play at 10:00.

I'm wishing everyone a nice Sunday!

Mary Z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:44 am

Morning
Cool here this morning. It feels nice.
Yesterday the row I sewed on second quilt, I messed up...as you sew, so shall you rip. Will redo row today. Joe and I emptied pantry, he needs access to it to run new water lines for kitchen peninsula. The sink will be relocated to it.
We went to church last night, so quiet morning here.
Flo

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:46 am

No Warm & Natural - or Warm & White - at Joann's here in TN either. I had heard they were no longer carrying it, and it appears that is true. Anyone know a good place to order it online? I did buy a package of the replacement because I have a quilt ready to layer, but it is not as nice as W&N!

Going to our guild's annual retreat today. Will be there until Friday morning, so hoping to get a lot accomplished. What I have lined up to do would take at least 3 times as long, but I can always dream!

I do read the posts almost every day, but rarely think I have much to contribute. My DH's recovery from the cancer surgery and radiation is going pretty well. He feels good and can do most everything he wants to do EXCEPT talk! His voice is coming back very slowly - frustrating for him - and me. He can't talk and I don't hear well. Even got new hearing aids, but was told that no hearing aid can detect whispering unless you whisper right into the aid.

Love to all my QIAD friends!
Ann
XOX

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:26 am

Good morning,,we didnt get up till 8 today...spent the whole day outside splitting wood and stacking it. we filled our truck up and need tpo stack that today, I was sore and tired. After a shower last night I started a quilt for my grand daughter,,,I am using up a bunch of charms and making a twin sized. for Christmas...It goes really fast and I got 3 rows done last night,,,more today, I have 3 or 4 bats in my sewing closet they are Hobbs,,,they seem to be good but not as thick as W&N I will check with my Joanns to see if they are carrying it, But if you all say they arent the Joanns here probably isnt either,,,Did anyone check ay Joanns .com they let you use coupons there too...? I also found a fairfield 80/20 it looks ok too...

Ken bought me up a cup of coffee this morning so I am still up in the sewing room...I need to get a littl laundry going, and swiffer the hardwoods too...MAybe get the wood stacked too..

hope you all have a gret day,,,XXXXOOOO

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:01 am

Good morning all! Feeling pretty good this morning. Planning on working on my Elf's Christmas gift today while I watch football and baseball. The Astros got beat big time last night by the Yankees. Hope today is better. Since my Cubs missed the playoffs I am rooting for the Astros my second favorite team. Weather here is quite cold and have had to turn on the furnace. One thing I won't do is sit in a cold house.

Didn't get to see Chris play football Friday night because of lots of rain. They won and he got to play quite a bit. Tomorrow will go to see him kick for the JV team. John doesn't have a game this week. hard to believe that football is almost over. I think Chris's team will be in the playoffs though so that will be longer.

Lois - So sorry your shopping trip was a dud. I hope you get your fans. I too use my ceiling fans year round to circulate especially in the bedroom at night.

Izzy - Hope you have a safe trip to the beach and have a good time.

Maryz - My Jo Ann's store is not all that great for things. So glad we got our new Hobby Lobby. Glad your family dinner went well.

Ann - Have a good time at your Quilt Retreat. Sounds like fun. Glad your DH is coming along slowly but surely.

Judi - Sounds like you were very busy yesterday cutting wood. We used to burn wood for heat here when we first moved in. We finally got a furnace several years ago when we just didn't have time to do wood and work also. DH worked so much overtime it just wasn't practical. I know a wood fire is very warm though.

Well, better get going and get all of us some breakfast and a newspaper. I am happy my Wolverines won yesterday, but it was touch and go in the third quarter. Going to have to replenish my Bloody Mary supply. Hope everyone has a good day.

Sherry

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:29 am

Good morning!

Not much planned here for today. Church and then back home. I have my November wall hanging ready to take with me, to sew the binding down.

Yesterday turned out to be a adventure. As we were out, a accident happened right in front of us. We stayed as witnesses. Good thing, as the truck that caused the wreck was claiming he entered the intersection on a yellow light. No way, as the light for us had already turned green and we were waiting for the other car to clear the intersection before we went to make our turn. There are so many here that run red lights and cause accidents! If for the other car not still being in the intersection, the truck would have hit us!

Stay safe, warm, and do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:01 am

Good Morning Girls

Just as I predicted... the snow is gone... hate to admit it was kind of pretty. :lol:

Lois... There wasn't ANYTHING at the warehouse sale that tickled your fancy??? Good news that your DD found just what you needed at Joann for you! Hope you find just what you are looking for at HD... another one of my favorite places!

Izzy... Mid 70's is perfect vacation weather.... not too hot---not too cold.... Is your place right on the beach? Sounds like heaven to me!

Maryz…. A few months ago there was a buzz on FB about Joann not carrying any W & N any more... not sure the reason, but if an Joann happens to have any... it's probably just what was left over. I ordered some Pellon 80/20 from WM and it arrived the other day, but I haven't pulled out open yet to see what it's like. Crossing my fingers. The only time I look at fleece is if I'm in the mood to make mittens! GO SEAHAWKS!

Flo.... I love that "As you sew, so shall you rip" Might have to embroider a little wall hanging of that saying and hang it in my sewing room. When I did my Tshirt quilt, that was definitely the case!

Ann.... So good to see you stop by... and good news of your DH! Amazon has W & N batting...90"x 40 yard roll for $190. It's my favorite and I just might have to bite the bullet and order the whole roll.

Judi... No wonder you are sore and tired this morning! Is one of your sons still living with you?
Are you making your DGD's quilt just scrappy with the charms or with a pattern?

Sherry... I'm with you... I need to have the house just the right temp... even though I could probably manage keeping it cooler and wearing a sweater.... if my nose gets cold I know it's time to turn on the heat! You and Cindyg can join in cheering for the Astros... she's a big fan too!

Jana.... Yikes!!! Scary to see an accident happen right in front of you! When I went to town the other day a big semi next to me went through a red light, but I have a sneaky feeling it was yellow when he approached it but just wasn't able to stop... good thing every body else was paying attention!

Since I did some house chores yesterday... vac'd and chased all the dust bunnies out... I think I can spend the whole day today playing/cleaning in the sewing room. I just don't know where to start! UGH... Maybe I'll do some practice quilting so I can get those tree skirts done... they are starting to haunt me. Time to crank up some music and get to work!

But first... MORE COFFEE!
wishing you all a blessed Sunday

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:42 am

Lois, that's disappointing about the sale. At least your daughter was able to find it for you.

Maryz, Sounds like an entertaining dinner.

Ann, so good to hear from you. Glad your DH is on the mend.

Jana, that sounds like quite an exciting day. Hope no one was hurt.

Maryq, hope you get your Christmas tree skirts quilted. I might do a little quilting today as well.

Sherry, I've been watching the baseball playoffs as well. I would like to see Washington win since they've never been in it before. I really glad they beat the Cardinals. I hate the Cardinals.

Well I got a little more work on my Granny's Garden blocks yesterday. Hope to get some prepped to sew this week. Maybe a little quilting of some charity quilts for vets. We'll see how the day goes.

Have a great one.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”