Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sat, Oct. 12th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sat, Oct. 12th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:54 am

Good morning!

We are 44* this morning, going to about 55* later this afternoon. Looks like we have a long rainy streak coming our way next week. I guess that's OK. We won't be camping!

Yesterday when I walked into the grocery store to buy things for our company supper last night, I met our company coming out with the ingredients for our dessert! Funny! Anyway we had a nice time, got caught up, and I think we all are home to stay for a while.

Bill's cousin is arriving here about 9:30 to he can go to DMV and sell Ernie's truck to my massage therapist. They tried twice before but cousin didn't have the right paperwork from the court to allow him to sell. Third time is the charm, we're all hoping. Then All of Bill's family (I think 11 of us) is going to a Mexican restaurant in Tacoma to sort of celebrate Ernie's life. If there are any spare minutes left in the day I want to start another woolie project for my DDIL for Christmas.

TINA, I can't believe Preston is 4!! I think you need to check his birth certificate. So Easton is 6? Will he be 7 next month? I can't keep up. Seems Jazmyne was just 4!

LORI - sorry for all your family medical issues. I hope your dad was able to convince your brother he needed to go to the hospital. As if you don't have enough on your plate! Sounds like a purrfect night for that wine! And bread and cheese was a great accompaniment.

IRISH - I'm so happy to hear your Katie has a new sparkle! She deserves some happy! Joe sounds like a really nice guy. How was your Dr. Hunk visit? You know we want all the details!

JANA - I'm laughing, sorry. About the skinnie hanger. Bill's motto is: "I'll get to it! You don't have to nag me every six months!"

CHICKIE - I think Mother Nature is having 'temper-ature tantrums'! lol!

BECCA - glad to hear the twins reports are progressing in the right direction!

Supper tonite will probably be our lunch today. Mexican leftovers. But we also have pinto beans and pork, spaghetti, and apple crisp in the fridge. No one is going hungry!

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sat, Oct. 12th

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:43 am

Good morning!
Wow, I made it early....miracles 😉
Mary, these kids needs to slow down...Matthew turned 2 in August, Preston just turned 4, Easton turns 6 on November 7th, he shares a birthday with Holly 💗 the nurses thought it was so awesome for Holly to give herself a baby boy for her birthday 💗💗 Jazmyne just turned 12 the end of July.
Happy calibrating Ernie's life day. I hope the transfer at the DMV goes smoothly, I didn't know any were open on Saturdays....here they aren't because they are state run and state employees or affiliates don't work on the weekends.
We just dropped off the furrkids for their bath and trims, we'll get our flu shots when we go to pick them up because we don't have Jazmyne yet.
Supper tonight is veggie beef soup, everyone loves it and it's way easier for me with feeding Dad and the kids too tonight.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:30 am

Good morning!

Leaving in a bit to take Gracie clothes shopping. She is a long, tall skinny mutt. She needs some winter long sleeves and a winter coat. Lila might get something too, although, she gets all of the hand me downs from Gracie.

Then I can head to the Batt Cave for the rest of the day.

Mary - enjoy all the stories in celebrating Uncle Ernie. Hope all the papers are in order this time. DMV's can be a pain!

Tina - don't they all grow up too fast! Our littlest is coming up on 2 as well.

Well, last night's dinner morphed into Kate cooking to feed her family, as they were here when I left. So we will eat the chicken cassarole tonight. I taught Kate how to make scratch buttermilk pancakes, as I headed out the door. Aaron knows how, so he could help out.

Stay warm!

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:40 am

Have everyone,Sunny here & mild.
Maryz Sure hope Uncle Ernies Tribute Dinner is nice & the Truck gets sold.Yes our babies are doing well.We were so happy to see Levi & get a first hand report.They have been thru so much.

Jana Enjoy your little girls shopping.They do grow too fast.

Tina Sure Happy you are joining us again.Wow a heat stroke is hard to overcome.Just go slow & take precautions.You are staying busy like always I see.Ours all are growing so fast.

I got laundry done,Helped CA with meds.for the week.Got some cards written & mailed.Made lunch,now going to sew.Wanted to hike but couldn’t get BFF on the phone.
We had burgers & Stir fri. Becca

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:42 am

Good afternoon from a now sunny, SW. Pa. but all morning it was so dreary and chilly...I also believe Mother Nature is having some sort of tantrum or breakdown.....

Mary, once again, you have a another fun filled, full day in store...Sure hope it goes OK, transferring the truck...And, the dinner will be so special...It's always a sad time when someone passes, no matter the age but to get together and bring up all the memories really does help...And I'm a firm believer in continuing to talk about that person...I think it helps with the grieving, I know it helps me to talk about Jim and Chris...I never want to forget anything that happened in their lives....
And yes, Katie's new fellow is perfect for her...She had told me, she didn't think she'd ever meet anyone that would be a nice and as good as Chris and she knows, Chris would like him and approve....

Becca, so happy to hear the twins are progressing...Boy, those 2 sure are special, truly God given miracles.....

Tina, it is hard to believe the kids are that age...How did that happen and where have I been????More hot chocolate tonight???

Jana, you're another one, always something happening at your house....Love to hear stories about your family.....

My appointment with "Dr. Hunk" went very well..In fact, he gave me a good report, had a good laugh about the old xrays I had brought a long and even said, for my age, I was in great shape. Did tell me, we could go the route of the shots or maybe some therapy..(I sure don't want any more shots)..BUT, you girls would not believe how cute he is! When he walked in, I did a double take...He honestly looked like he might be 20 at the most and that's stretching it...And as good as he looked, that's how he talked...Just super, super nice...
Although, he and my Kevin had been friends and awhile back had belonged to a "beer club"...All the guys would get together and exchange special brands of beer...Well, I had to ask him if he still belonged and he kind of laughed, said, as he's gotten older and now a father, he gave up the club..But, he did tell a few stories about his "younger" days....But, he is very well know for his surgeries and is booked up until next June for knee replacements....
After the appointment, JoAnn and I went to Texas Roadhouse for lunch and then I took her for some groceries...I decided to come home, just felt I needed to be home.....

Today is big time, uglies and laundry....Have decided to put the flannel sheets on the bed but had to dig them out of the "cubby hole" which always leads to sorting or rearranging..Along with the electric blanket, those sheets are going to feel so good...Also, cleaning out under the kitchen sink and all the bottom cabinets and throwing away any extra pot that I don't need.....Maybe next week I'll start getting out the winter drapes etc., maybe...Need to get things done just in case someone wants to take a trip, I don't want to be left behind, lol.....

As for dinner, I'm thinking chicken but it might end up being a bowl of cereal.....I should mix up a batch of cinnamon rolls but we'll see.....

You all have a great day............

Happy eating...................

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:07 pm

Maryz, my dad did convince him to go.

Tina, wow....that's a lot of littles. I bet they keep you busy. I saw one was your helper on FB the otherr day.

Well tonight I'm having a salad with a baguette with butter. Oh....and of course the wine. I only have a glass so I'll be drinking it for a few days. DH isn't big on wine.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”