Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, October 9th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Wednesday, October 9th

Post by suzette58 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:42 am

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday evening was the quilt guild meeting. One of the members did the program and it was pretty neat. She did her quilting history by showing her quilts. It started with quilts her grandmother had made, the one quilt her mother made, then quilts she has made up to now. It was a great idea. We now have a new great great nephew. He was born on Monday. He is doing wonderful. Today I have to go to the grocery and after that I am hoping to finish hubby’s wall hanging. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Wednesday, October 9th

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:54 am

Good Morning Suzette and all who follow,
Today is a food shopping day then some sewing .
Suzette congratulations on your new great nephew Its always nice to have a new baby in the family.

Nothing else new here everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:00 am

good morning all :)

Suzette glad to see you start us up this morning, Wow :shock: a grt grt nephew. You are soooo young :) congrats. babies are always so special :)

Flo love the tshirt quilt but would really like to see the one under it with the fall leaves :)

Mary, you laughed at my "girls" story. Since my accident, my Left girl has been swollen and much larger than her friend next door. I still do not have feeling in her either. My nerve test noted no damage and they couldn't explain the reason for numbness except that the 4 ribs that had to be plated lie under her and note those nerve bundles could be the issue. Crazy.
I have had to transition to those tank top with shelf bra. I still can't wear a real bra and probably never will. I love these tanks. So comfy, a bit hot in summer cuz I wear them and another shirt but great fit and doesn't let the unequal size be so noticeable.

So no lil man today. This is my short day. I have to run into town and get tires rotated and oil change. then go put gas in mommas car and run to Sams and get some yummies for our trip. Then church. Yeah busy day today like usual.

No, I won't take computer with me on trip. I am off next week. Thats the nice thing about being private contractor. :) Yes I get all their days off but I make my own schedule all year. I do make up sessions the following month so my weeks will be longer. Right now my hours are more because I am already making up sessions missed while we had to wait on license. So hours should drop after first of year. So will only work 4 days instead of 5. :)

Well, nothing else new here. Temps have fallen had to add another quilt to bed last night LOL a lil chilly but love to sleep with windows open. 50s at night but looking to drop to possible 30s by weekend. That's ok headed to beach and their temps to be mid 80s all week :) one more week of summer.

Well, have a great day ladies. Hugs and prayers all
🐐izzy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:48 am

Good morning!

Another day of being the desinated driver. The DDS keeps calling and moving the time on me, was at 10, now 11, well at least this is the finish up appointment.

I got the Batt Cave back in order yesterday. Even made space on a bookshelf in my LA area to share with Michael. He wanted to move all his railroad modeling/construction books downstairs, by where he is working. They are reference books. He has just as many of those, like I have quilting books! There is still open shelf space, do not to worry, I have plenty of room for more quilt books!

After all that, I worked on my December wall hanging, sewing on buttons and snowflakes. Today I will get all the sashings added and layered to quilt.

Sarah really wanted one of the gift skinnies I made. I hunted through my leftover scraps and have enough to duplicate the one she wanted. Just by the skin of my teeth. One piece will have a piece leftover of 2 inches. Calling that close! So I have everything cut and ready for assembly.

Not much else here, still dark and the warm before the storm. We went out and semi winterized the sprinklers yesterday. We still need to use them before we shut it off for winter, to test a repair that is in progress.

Suzette - congrats on the new GG nephew! Babies are so much fun!

Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:13 am

Good morning,,it is chilly here in the 40s/ but the sun is shininig,,,I will head to the grocery store today too...we should all meet in the sweet aisle??? I usually go on a monday but today is the day...I will have mmmy coffee and toast forst.

I worked on my elf gift last night,,,had to take some of it apart as I didint like the way iot turned out...but not to worry.
Well off to find coffee..and I think there is some cinnimon bread there for toast. have a great dayXXXXOOOO

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:20 am

Good morning, California is in the midst of a severe fire watch. I have been trying to keep up with the news and maps. I have 2 patients who are likely without power at this time. Luckily I attended an emergency prep seminar a few months ago so was able to use that information to put things in place. I will check with both of them this AM.

Dad's doctor is in Napa, they called and canceled his appointment as the office will likely loose power. Can't get back in for another month.

New admin coming to office today and tomorrow. I will strive to get there as close to on time as I can. The director they fired was very understanding of me having to wait for caregiver and then get through traffic but not sure how new admin will respond. I will stay a few minutes over if needed.

Andrew has gone to his Mom's until Tuesday. His half sister is getting married on Saturday. This is his father's other child so not my grandchild.

Anyway, nothing else too much happening new. Will check back in this evening.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:21 am

Not much new here.

Grandma's septic passed inspection and was the only hold up before the sale goes completely through. Buyer will do a walkthrough with his agent today. The buyer was just here two days ago and went inside. He is 30 years old and has so many ideas on how he wants to fix up the place. He is very excited.

Work, eat sleep, that about covers the rest of my life. LOL.

Jana, you need a sticker for your car. You are like Uber or Lyft. What should we call your car? Not taxi.

Kathy, did you ever get ahold of your sister?

Val, prayers for your dad. and for you too.

Becca, how are OUR twins?

that's it, you all have a gorgeous day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:26 am

Good morning everyone,late here because of not much sleep.
Congrats on new Baby Suz.

Got some sewing in yesterday & last night.Maybe that was the problem,couldn’t turn my mind off.lol Must Do uglies.Dont Know yet if I will shout today or tomorrow.
Have a great day everyone. Becca

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:36 am

Morning
Izzy, will e mail you pic of quilt I call autumn beauty. It's easier.
Worked on stabilizing t shirts for second quilt for sister in law, but ran out of interfacing with only 2 pieces left..arg!
Grocery store today, so will get more. We only have a small Walmart locally. Everything else is 45 minutes away.

Coffee time!
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:03 am

Good morning!

Still at the beach but headed home this morning as soon as it’s light. It’s a 2-hr drive so we should be home, parked, and mostly unloaded by lunch. I LOVE camping, but after 9 days out, especially in bad weather, I’m ready to go home.

Chriss, so glad septic passed and you are almost done with this saga. Is the young buyer single?

Kathy, have you heard from your sister yet? And how is Kim doing? And are you fully recovered, back to your former self, after your pneumonia?

Judi, nice that you were still able to make the trip to Frankenmuth despite the others cancelling. To be honest, with fewer people, it probably made shopping easier. Glad you found everything you needed.

Jana, hope the freezes don’t come before you are able to winterize your sprinkling system. Seems You just got it up and running after last winter! Did you ever finish your JN quilt? I was thinking about that the other day .

Mary Q, were you able to salvage any of the tree skirt where you fused to the wrong side? I have done that very thing more times than I can count. And how are you doing after your bout with pneumonia? Can take a while to get your energy level back up.

Izzy, I had to go look on a map and found Edisty beach in South Carolina. How long a drive is that for you? And how many students do you have? Just curious.

Flo, Will you be sending your T-shirts out to be quilted or do you do them yourself?

Suzette, congratulations on the new member of your family! Was this the baby you were making the baby quilt for?

Lois, I may be joining you and Judi at the grocery store Later this afternoon. What are you working on now? Penguins? Did you finish all your gnomes?

Yesterday we took a 45 mile drive down the coast. We explored tiny towns and stopped at one place and bought shoes. Bill used to live here 50 years ago so it’s even more fun for him to revisit his old haunts.

Can’t wait to be back in my sewing room!

Mary z

Return to “Sew ins”