Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

oct 8 tuesday

Daily discussions.
billizzy

oct 8 tuesday

Post by billizzy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:36 am

Wakey wakey Cocka doodle dooooo.. LOL

Good morning ladies. Yes I am much better today. I was starving last night so after work and going to mommas to get her bills done I stopped in at Taco Bell YUMMY> but oh I should not have ate so much LOL.

You all are so busy. I am so stumped with what to do for my SS I had an Idea and now I am second guessing it. But I think I can get er done in time.

We are headed to Edisto Beach for week on Sunday. A needed get away for us. Poor DH had done so much to get me back on my feet. He truly needs a week of sitting in the sand :) I am thankful we have our timeshare. A vacation without cost otherwise we would not be going. We dont do anything. I take our food with us and we grill out and just crash. The beach is our retreat :) Just sit and watch the waves and dolphins at night. Gods beauty.

I plan to take his quilt blocks that are embroidery to finish. I take them each year on vacation. I only have 3 left so I am truly hopefully I get them done and maybe get his bible quilt done for christmas. We shall see.

Well I guess I should of expected it. I am now being taken to collections. Yeah I love how hospitals think you can just hand over 5 grand like its sitting on the shelf. Oh well, Like I told them I will tell collections you get what I can send you each month. You cant get blood out of a turnip and I am dry. I lost work for during that time. I am doing what I can and that is that. Its unreal that my bills were over 400,000. But thank God I had good insurance and my out of pocket limit was 5000 after meeting my deductable. So Now to pay that off.

Well nothing else new just uglies and work today.
God bless and prayers.
🐐izzy

fabricgirl

Re: oct 8 tuesday

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:47 am

Good Morning Izzy and all who follow,
Yesterday was not a good day for me I wound up with a bug of some sort so I laid down all day.
Today I'm still going to take it easy maybe go into my sewing room.
Izzy your vacation sounds wonderful I cant wait to see your quilt.

Well there is nothing else new here.
Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:02 am

good morning to all

Lois- did you catch the bug that seems to be travelling around? Hope you are feeling better.
Izzy- we were at a timeshare in Edisto a few years ago, and yes it is a beautiful place. Hit the quilt shop and if I weren't with the hubby would have spent hours just talking to the women who were there. Please have a nice peaceful time there. Enjoy the nice clear and cool weather at night watching and hearing the waves.
Today going to my "partners" house to pick the quilts for Fri at Vets cafe. 8 as of now. Should be fun.
Tonight is a fund raiser for the Lions and we will go (hope we have a group) they have been very good with us and now we get to give it back to them.

Time to get in gear for the day.
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:05 am

Good morning everyone,Cloudy here again which is fine because temps are lower.

Izzy Don’t worry.As long as you pay each month there’s nothing they can do.We had that when DH had his first stroke.They finally wrote some off.Really is frustrating I know.
Enjoy your much needed beach trip.

Lois Sorry you got the virus too.Hope today is better.

Got my new phone & what a pain.They always lose lots of numbers it seems.I had to add them ,& other things needed fixing the way you want it set up.Did I say I hate technology!
Have mumbo dance to do.Then will see what else I get into.

Hope everyone has a great day.Prayers for all in need.
Guess Lyn is traveling.Safe travels. Becca

womster

Post by womster » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:29 am

Good morning!

Izzy - sorry to hear about the collection fiasco. I don't know what to make for my elf either and have gone down the same path as you. I'm so glad you're feeling better - Taco Bell - YUM! A week at the beach sounds fabulous and restorative.

Lois - sure hope you're feeling much better today.

Diane - how fun to be picking up so many quilts. Enjoy the day.

Becca - getting a new phone is no easy task - even if you're able to transfer stuff over and use the same SIM card, it's still a pain! Good luck. Prayers continue for the twins.

I missed yesterday. I went into work an hour earlier and was able to leave at the normal time. Thank goodness that is it for me except for the normal third Thursday. I forget who asked, but it is a volunteer thing. Today we're headed to Costco and then finishing up our outside work - we drop 50 degrees tomorrow night and the snow is coming. Have a wonderful and blessed day! xoxo Sharona

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:30 am

Good beautiful morning, it's going to be a great day.

Maryq, I don't think you will ever run out of projects. I think Joans and lots of other places quit carrying warm and natural bating. Amazon has it and delivers. Walmart may even carry it and deliver.

Katy, what a fun surprise to get blocks in the mail. I say buy the curtains and put them wherever you want. you go girl.

Becca, hope the eye exams went well and prayers that both kids just thrive. New phones are a pain. they can transfer your contacts from one phone to the other.

Izzy, thank God you had insurance. You could move to Cali and get free everything as long as you don't work and work the system. As for your elf, I always second guess my gift. I have sent some looser gifts and some great gifts over the years, this year will be no different but from the heart. I'm sure whatever you have planned will be wonderful.

Lois, hope you feel better.

Diane, we never had a time share but often get calls asking if we want to sell one. crazy.

Sharona, if I am your elf I am a pin cushion lover. just sayin'

Time for me to fly. You all have a groovy day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:32 am

https://i.postimg.cc/FHwHp1Sk/IMG-20191 ... 732786.jpg
This is first t shirt Quilt. Now to piece second. I will hand quilt them. They are my sister in law's. These shirts were made for her by her hubby over 18 years.

Izzy, I understand about out of pocket . I hit my maximum out of pocket by end of February. I just paid it off.

Have a great day.
Flo

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:33 am

Izzy rest assured they cannot put you in jail. The nerve of some people. Glad you are feeling better and will get some time away.

Not too much new here either. Dad has his doctor appointment tomorrow. Not sure if I will ask about hospice or not. I mentioned last night going to the eye doctor for his retina check (he is diabetic) and he said "Why?" He really doesn't want to do anything anymore. It all just seems too much trouble. He sleeps about 14-16 hours a day. He will go to dinner and the model railroad (which is open rarely) but forget the rest.

Slow progress on my SS gift. But I will get there. I have to work Sat morning but DH is working in the evening, DGS will be gone so I can get some done then.

Battery running out so guess I better go plug this thing in.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:55 am

Hi girls. I've been reading and trying to catch up. Up to my ass in alligators here at work so..... Nothing new here anyway. Four weeks until the Houston Int'l. Quilt Festival. WOO HOO I can't believe how fast this year has gone. Praying for all who are sick or have sick relatives. I think about y'all all the time and someday I'll get back to posting every day. GO ASTROS!!!!!!!!

I hope we can all fondle fabric today.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:34 am

Good morning!

We are on back up duty to run Ethan to school this morning. Ssrah is taking her kitty, Smudge to the vet. It is time to neuter him and her other kitty, Abby too. But Smudge is first and if she doesn't get back in time to run Ethan to school, we need too. Stuart has Cup and Pint to watch, and no car seats for his car. Glad they live 2 minutes away!

I finished the other gift I needed last night. Give me a football game and I can make one of my skinnies during it! LOL! My 9'ers won too! Now to wrap both of the skinnies. Then I can do my stuff again.

We are heading to a real drop in temps tonight. Into the 20's. So since I get things like that first, you to the East, beware. They are calling this a hard freeze and to take care of sprinklers and tender plants.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”