Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

OCT 7 monday

Daily discussions.
billizzy

OCT 7 monday

Post by billizzy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:36 am

Good morning all.

OMG I feel like rising from the dead. DD had stomach bug wed and thurs. DH had it Thurs and FRiday. Well you guessed it I got it 10 fold. Woke saturday at 2 am vomiting all day Saturday. Sunday the other end. OMG I was dieing it was so bad. This morning I feel a bit better. Crazy.

I was all set up to sew too. Kills me I lost a whole weekend to the bed. But oh well. My poor ribs were killing me Sunday from all the vomiting. First sickness since my accident. No fun at all.

Thank God lil man did not get it. :)

So now I will go and catch up on all the goings on. I hope you all had some great sew time. Work today. Hugs and prayers all
🐐izzy

fabricgirl

Re: OCT 7 monday

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:58 am

Good Morning Izzy,
So sorry you were sick the whole weekend I could only imagine the strain on your ribs I hope you feel better real soon it not fun being sick.
Today I have 1 load of wash and I have to strip my bed.
Yesterday I sewed and made stew in the crock pot my DH really enjoyed it and we have enough for a left over.

Well that's it for the news on this horizon everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:44 am

The flight back home was fast. It seems like those 8 days with the family went by much too fast. Of course, we had a great time. They are coming here for Christmas. YAHOO!!
Haven't read post from the week I was gone so hope all was well.

Izzy- hope you feel less sore as day goes on.
Becca- hope the twins are still doing well.

Have to get some coffee and get my day started. Will try to catch up later.
Diane

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:05 am

Izzy glad to hear you are feeling better.

Just a quick drive by. This is my early day at work since DH is off. My email is full and my payroll needs to go in.

For those of you involved in the scramble last night to get my DD her survey's done, THANK YOU. She is trying to get her life back on track after some poor decisions and an abusive marriage. So she is in college studying Public Health. Survey was for Biostatistics class. She ended up turning in 116!

Will try to check back in later.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:16 am

Good beautiful morning,

Yesterday was my last day working the book sale. I will do it again next year, it was fun. I lugged boxes of books like a crazy woman and now my back is achy, soon I will take some ibuprophen and stretch as often as possible. Met some new people and some old people. it was fun.

Lois, glad the stew was good. and that there are leftovers make for a good second meal.

Val, so glad your daughter made the 100 plus survey's she needed. It was fun to be able to help.

For me it's work, you all have a super day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:17 am

Morning
Izzy, glad you are feeling better. Yummy bugs stink.
Diane , welcome home! Glad you had a good time & a safe trip.
Yesterday I was exhausted from sat. Spent most of day watching movies.
Today I will hit sewing room. Need to get t shirt quilts done.
Coffee time
Flo

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:18 am

TWINS UPDATE Hadlee had a rough day yesterday.They didn’t know cause.They both have eye exams today & immunizations.Please pray there is no sickness or infections.
Brodee is doing well.Taylor put a picture on last night of Levi reading them their nite nite story.It was so special to me.They said they are so appreciative & encouraged by the prayers of everyone.Thank you again for your support.

The Benefit gets bigger all the Time.There will be a public Auction & Silent Auction.And they have entertainment also.Should be a big event.Just hope people support them

Val I didn’t see your DDs study or I would have helped.Best wishes that she does well with her new life.

Diane Im Sure you enjoyed your week.

Izzy Oh my Im So Sorry you were so sick.Sure hope little man escapes.Get better soon.

Lois Glad Your stew was good.

Chris Hope your day goes good.Too bad more people didn’t buy books.Im a faithful library Patron.Ill let you know on the soup what day to come.

We are going to Town for me a new phone & other errands.Hope everyone has a great day.
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:24 am

Good morning!

Valerie - hope that fire in American Canyon is away from you.

Izzy - welcome back to the land of the living! Always wondered why the one lesson families learn so well, is to share!

I got half of what I need for the gift exchange done for Friday. Sarah suggested to make one of my strip quilted Christmas stockings for the other half. It does sew up fast. I have pulled the fabrics for a second Skinnie I could do as well, so we will see.........

It is still the dark before the beginning of morning here. Cold, down near freezlng. My wonderful achy knee woke me up, so I am extra warm with the heating pad on that knee. It sure helps!

Do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:26 am

Good morning.

Jana, sounds like winter will be there soon!!

Izzy, so sorry you were sick. I’m sure your injuries put a whole new spin on the misery of vomiting!

Diane, welcome home.

Becca, sorry you have to buy new phone. I think going to those phone stores is worse even than paying for the phones! We went in one at home two yrs ago and the wait was so long that people were sitting on the floor because there were no seats.

Flo, I never saw what the tee-shirt quilts were for.

Val, glad we could help with the survey. Best wishes to your DD as she moves forward in her life.

Chriss, glad you enjoyed your weekend with the books!

Judi, you are out in your RV, too! Hope your weather is excellent!!

Kathy, how is Kim? I checked out Buttermilk Basin for ideas. Thanks!

Mary Q, how many tree skirts have you made now? They are so fun!

We are at ocean for two more nights. Yesterday we walked the wide sandy beach for two miles, sat by late afternoon campfire to read, grilled supper, and walked back to beach to watch the sunset over the water. Heavenly relaxation. Today, we’ll poke around little towns in Westport and Grayland to see what we can see.

Enjoy your day! Let threads be upon you all!

Mary z

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:28 am

Good morning all
I have been absent but I been working away on a new quilt and my Elf's gift.
I was totally surprised when lotto blocks arrived I had no idea I had won. lol :lol:
I have decided to make a throw out of them.
I have also been cleaning out junk well to me its junk but to others maybe something they need. All went to Helping Hands. I have another two or three boxes.
Love my new bedroom curtains Took curtains I had in my room into quilt room. That is what my x calls another bedroom. I love my bedroom curtains so much I may get for living room. WHAT do you think?
Becca I keep praying for the little tykes.
Izzy So sorry to here you were sick. I hate that stuff.
Sorry but I will get to the rest of you later Just had a friend knock on my door.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

Return to “Sew ins”