Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday October 6,2019

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Sunday October 6,2019

Post by WeeOne » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:19 am

May you all have a blessed Sunday!

Minnie clawed at me to get up, so I did. She promptly laid down against my pillow with a 'cover me up Mom look'. ๐Ÿคจ Yes, I covered her and headed for the coffee pot.

Last full day to get a few things done at the house.

Yesterday I made another no sew shawl/wrap for my Mom. It's getting hard for staff to get her arms in a sweater. SIL had bought 2 and I've made 2. I will make sure to remove the sweaters tomorrow, if SIL hasn't. Also finished a wheelchair Quilt for her. I did one last Christmas but she needed a second one. This one is purple flowers and she loves purple. I know it may seem odd to continue making her things, but as long as God has her here, I will try and add comfort and brighten her day.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:19 am

Lyn. I donโ€™t think itโ€™s odd to make things for your mom at all. I think she feels the love behind the shawl or quilt. And I think it is very sweet I also bet it gives you comfort to know she is cozy
Exodus 33:14

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:29 am

Lyn That isnโ€™t silly at all.You can never do too much.Youre a wonderful Daughter.I am glad I had mine with me in my home for a while after Dad passed.I think itโ€™s wonderful that you care.

Valerie You Too are wonderful & I am amazed at all you do along with working full time.Glad you feel better today. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:51 am

Why would you stop, she is and always will be your mom!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:59 am

Lyn, I would think it odd if you stopped making things for your beautiful mother. All the love that goes into everything you make her I am sure keeps her as warm and cozy as the item itself. It gives her comfort and it certainly must bring you comfort as well. So I say, Sew Away!! I would wish to have someone as loving and giving as you are to your mom for every one of us!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:43 pm

THANK YOU ALL!! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

I am so thankful for everyone here and your Love and support โฃ๏ธ

God Bless You,
Lyn

Return to โ€œSew insโ€