Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club. Sunday, Oct 6

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper club. Sunday, Oct 6

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:02 am

Good morning!

We are still in Campground in Monte. Bob & Betsy left yesterday morning. We visited bill’s sister and DBIL, Becky& Ed. Saw their new home site. For now they are living in small travel trailer while house being built. We met them later for supper in town at Mexican restaurant and then had campfire at our place afterward. A full day but we still had time for a 2-mile walk around our little lake. Then I worked on woolie project while Bill napped before supper. Today we are moving to our third and last campground about 35 miles from here, on the ocean beach. No friends, no family, just us and our fur babies. We will be there for three nights.

Becca, how many bears do you plan to make? Any baby news?

Chickie, your days are full, too! I’m sure you’d love more hours at home, but you will be glad you gave your mom this time.

Tonite we plan to grill a pork tenderloin and saute a diced sweet potato with onion. I like to add apple, too, but we have no apples.
Maybe we will find an outdoor fruit stand for farmers market when we get to Grayland. Or use pineapple.

Have you got your Sunday supper planned yet ?

auntjana

Re: Supper club. Sunday, Oct 6

Post by auntjana » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:42 am

Good morning!

Mary - lots of fun - walks, ocean, and the Warm store!

Church starts in a few minutes. Last two sessions of Conference today. And if I was a good wife, I would throw something in the crockpot for dinner, but alas I am not, so we wil see what happens nearer to dinnertime.

Ethan will be down during the break between sessions and we will make a batch of doughnuts to munch on during the final session. He wanted to come for conference breakfast. He didn't want what his mom was making and wanted to know if I was doing the chocolate waffles. He was being a bit of a pill, so I told him we would make doughnuts later. Sarah was making orange stuffed french toast croissants with orange syrup.

I need a gift for a exchange gift on Friday. It is supposed to be something we love and says something about us. So, I will do up a Skinnie, definetly me, a quilt! We are to keep the cost under $10, so I can do that, I have scraps! So that is today's project.

Church is starting,

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:40 pm

Hello everyone,cloudy here today.
Maryz I will make 6 or 8 bears.And I plan to make other things.Glad you are having such a nice trip with friends and family.Hope all’s well on the Home front when you get there.

Jana Sounds like you Found the perfect gift to describe you.

It’s been a quite day here.I may get busy later.I did mop Floors.We plan to go get me a phone in the morning.And some other errands.
I had pinto beans and corn bread. Hope it cools enough to make soup ,I’m hungry for some.
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi everyone!
I've been MIA for a few days, just got busy I guess. Yesterday Holly had Preston's birthday party here and it ended up being an all day till after 10pm event! I spent all day today cleaning!
We're having leftover soup for supper tonight. Tomorrow night will be leftover brisket and everything we had for the birthday party and Tuesday we're going to go have pizza, only 2 times left this season.
Tina
I'll try to catch up reading

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:40 am

“Just another manic Monday…” Seems like every day is Monday here. I thought when I retired that every day was Saturday! What happened??? Actually, hopefully, today should be walking Choc and Ava and maybe getting into my sewing room.

Tomorrow I’m going with DH when he goes to his Area Agency on Aging meeting, but I’ll be dropped off at a quilt show! It’s a small show put on by the guild there, but I enjoyed it last year. I saw a quilt made by my neighbor when I lived up there. Neither one of us quilted back in those days, so it was a fun surprise.

Tina—what a party! So glad you have leftovers so you don’t have to cook after all that clean up!

Becca—love that you make the bears! I mopped floors yesterday. Beans and cornbread are one of my favorite meals! We were 45 this morning—soup weather! We are in the 70s during the day. On the other hand, I make soup all year.

Jana—a skinnie is the perfect gift from you! Anyone can find wall space for one of your delightful creations! What design will you make? Your breakfasts always make me slobber!

Oh, Mary! I always envy your ocean walks!

DH is home for brunch, then he has wood customers coming, so I’ll be helping load them.

Dinner… probably soup of some sort!

Bon appétit!

Return to “Chit Chat”