Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday October 6,2019

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Sunday October 6,2019

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:14 am

Good morning Everyone,
Friday we went out looking at crock pots but didn't get one they didn't have what I was looking for so yesterday I found 1 in Walmart just a plain Jane what I wanted so today is a pot of stew for dinner.
I also found a little steam iron by steam fast I didn't put it to the test so that will be for today.

Well there is nothing else new I hope everyone has a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

Becca

Re: Sunday October 6,2019

Post by Becca » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:58 am

Good morning everyone,cloudy here.

Lois Glad you found yourself a Crock pot.I go for plain Jane Too instead of all the gadgets.
Enjoy your stew. I want to make a pot of soup if it ever cools down enough.

Yesterday I got some bears sewed,stuffed & faces on.Plus did laundry & trimmed some along drive where branches were closing in.Always something around a place to do.
It’s Church so must get moving.Have-a blessed day to everyone. Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:15 am

Good Morning,,,it is chilly. We spent yesterday at the campground with Jeff,s family and the kids...it was a nice time..we came home in time to watch my Red Wings win their first game it was a good day. we also walked the Applefest but I didint buy anything...(Ican make that stuff)

Today we will head to another hockey game (Liams) then out to the camper to spent a day or 2. wasnt planned but fine with me. I will take a bit of woolie projects with me and watch more hockey...Sophia has a game this afternon too.

well I need coffe and throw some stuff in a bag...like coffee and bagles for breakfast and some frozen dinner I have already.

Lois I love making stew on chilly days but I am hooked on the instapot...Stew from start to finish super tender in about an hour and a half....just love that.

I hope the twins are doing ok...still in my thoughts and prayers,,have a wonderful day,,,XXXOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:26 am

Morning
Lois I also have a plain Jane crock pot from Walmart..have several.
Dinner dance went well, but long day. I did wear my old favorite killer heels, but about half way through night, changed into flats and got rid of pantyhose.
Today is take it easy And work on t shirt Quilt.
Have a great day
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:40 am

Good morning,

Lois, glad you found the crock pot you wanted. Stew will be good!

Flo, glad you had a nice time at the dance. Smart to take extra shoes along!

Judi, you make my head spin! You are going in so many directions!

Chriss, how is the FOL sale going?

Yesterday we went to bill’s sister’s new home site which is 2-1/2 miles from our campground. Then we took a 2 mile walk around the small lake near the campground before meeting sis again for Mexican dinner in town. Another full but fun day. I found some time to work on my woolie project, too. I’m loving this new craft. Today we’re moving to the ocean beach campground for 3 more nights out before going home. All our friends went home already.

Have a super sunday! Hope everyone’s favorite team wins!

Mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:20 am

Good morning!

General Conference was wonderful yesterday. Today is more, then it will be over until April. No snow either!

It did snow on all of Sarah's sod fields, so she is scrambling trying to poof some magic to find 30,000 more square feet, it may happen, may not, then the season is done! This is from one of her commercial accounts.

I did get most of my December wall hanging done yesterday. But need to do a quick gift for Friday. One of my Skinnies will be perfect, so that is today's project. SQUIRREL!

Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:20 am

Happy Sunday, hope you all have a blessed day.

Need to prep Dad's lunches for the week. Got most of the laundry done yesterday but need to finish today. I was so tired yesterday it was a chore just to get off the couch. I gave Dad his bedtime meds and went to bed early. Feeling better today. I have done something to the back of my left thigh and it keeps spasming also. May take a walk today to see if I can work it out.

Lois glad you found a crock pot. I have to small plain Jane's, a 2 qt and 4 qt, I big 6 qt is a bit fancier. I use the 2 quart a lot for meals for Dad.

Becca any word on the latest tests?

Flo hoping you got some pictures.

Maryz sounds like you are having a good time.

Jana glad you are enjoying the conference.

Guess I better get this day started. Behind on downloading my quilt patterns.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:41 am

Good Partly Cloudy Morning,

My day will consist of SS sewing. I have the box out so I can fill it as I go & know when to stop.

I might have to turn on the heat today....it's 52' out side.

There's nothing happening here. I am defrosting some ground beef to make a double batch of chili. I'll have my sister over for lunch. When I told her about the chili she said " Make it with beef none of that ground turkey stuff!" She'll have plenty of left overs to take home for her & her family.

Lois.....I'm happy you found a crock that suits you. I big oval one from when the children live with me & a small one. I'll use the large one to make chili. I love a small iron to keep next to the sewing machine.

Becca.......you sure got a lot accomplished.

Judi.....looks like you had a wonderful day yesterday & the Red wings won.

Flo.......you were very smart to bring back up shoes for the dance. Enjoy you rest today.

Maryz....I saw your son's book on Amazon. I'll order it after the 23ed. Looking forward to the read. Have you looked a Buttermilk Basin for wool work ideas? I ordered a kit from them a few years ago & because they had to wait for a wool delivery they sent me enough to make 2 small wall hangings.

Love & Prayers.........Kathy

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:50 am

Good Morning Girls

Sorry I missed you all yesterday... there were way too many "squirrels" running around my house yesterday. I went in the kitchen to get a cup of coffee and end up cleaning up that mess, then turned around and saw something on the dining room table that needed to be put away.... and well.... you can imagine what happened next..... and never got back to the computer! Hope you all had a great day!

Lois... give me a plain Jane crockpot (or anything for that matter) any day! Tis the season for a good old fashioned stew in the crock pot. Do you thicken yours, rather than thin broth? Years ago I experimented by thickening with fake potato flakes.... from then on, that was the only way DEX liked it!

Becca.... Are you making bears for the fund raiser? I'm racking my brain to think of some thing I could send out for you.. Will let you know if I come up with anything! :)

Judi..... You love your Insta-Pot? I have looked at them and debated.... but If I go buy myself one now before Christmas... somebody (Kevin & Sara) will probably slap my hands... they are always asking me what I want for Christmas.. Hoping the price comes down a little.

Flo.... Thank you so much for the chuckle this morning. I just had to laugh at you getting rid of the panty hose!!! I HATE them. I did the same thing at my DD's wedding.... went in the rest room and ripped those suckers off!

Maryz… When you get a chance.. post a picture of your woolie project or text me one. I'd love to see what you are doing. You certainly have enough wool to keep you busy for a while.

Jana..... Those darn squirrels... they are every where!

Valerie... Since I missed yesterday, I missed you weren't feeling so great! So hope today is a better day for you.

Kathy.... You found Mike's book on Amazon? I'll have to mark my calendar for the 23rd so I remember to go order a copy for me. My DD makes her spaghetti with ground turkey (yuk) Must be ESP I made a big batch of chile the other day too, have about 8 little containers in the freezer. Do you like yours HOT HOT HOT. Not me---mine is more like tomato soup :lol:

After a total rainy icky day yesterday, it's gorgeous here today. The sun is shining and it's supposed to get up to 60* something. I may just open all the windows and let in some fresh air! Chased squirrels in the sewing room yesterday, did a little of this and a little of that. Pieced the backing for my Gnome quilt, put together two of the snowman tree skirts I'm working on --I've done 3. Two will be for my boys, one for the hospice home. I'm just waiting for the inspiration as to how to quilt them. Talked to my BFF the other night (her Mom is having surgery on the 14th) and she needs a tree skirt too... so I've traced a smaller version of the snow men and may play with that today.

For now I need more coffee, then really need to shower.... good thing I live alone--cuz I stink! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wishing you all a wonderful Happy Blessed Sunday

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:11 am

Good beautiful morning. I just love this weather, crisp and cool in the mornings and evenings and just right during the day.

Had so much fun working the book sale. It's amazing how many different personalities there are out there. and very few young people buying books. Most were my age or older. And there will be scads of books leftover.

There was one book, a biography of John Wayne. The photo on the cover of the book showed him as a very young man. One lady asked another person who was about 20 if she knew who John Wayne was. she said no. I was surprised but realized I don't know the people of this generations stars.

Valerie, I know caring for someone isn't easy. I can't imagine having them live in your house like your dad does. a 24 hour job. Nice that your DH is helpful. Glad things are in order, it will be nice to have no roadblocks when the time comes. Yay for you having made it through the first week at work. Looks like you can do it again next week, and the week after that, etc.

Lois, happy new appliance day. Glad you found a no frills crock pot. sometimes the simplest things are the best. Stew sounds wonderful, I will bring the French bread and lots of butter, but I have to warn you, others will want me to pick them up on my way. best make a big pot of that stew.

Becca, I love soup too. Let me know when you make that pot and I will be there. how are OUR twins?

Judi, you are always on the go. enjoy Hockey and the kids.

Flo, I can't remember the last time I wore panty hose. Not even sure if I have any here.

Maryz, sounds like you are having fun. Family, a hike and good dinner. a perfect day. So you are into wool now? Hmmm, maybe I am your secret Santa and maybe I will add that to your gift, but I would just lie about it. The book sale was fun. I work today until noon when it is over. They will store some of the books for the next sale and they will also put some outside the back door of the library so people can come get them for free. There are so many more books than there are buyers.

Jana, those squirrels sure pop up at the oddest times. Dang critters. :D

Kathy, my goal is to also find things to fill my SS gift with. Chili sounds wonderful. I also don't do the ground poultry in anything. I'm a beef gal.

Maryq, the head elf herself. you always make me laugh, you find all of these messes in your house. Our chili is also tomato based, so is our stew. Jerry uses tomato juice in them.

Working the book sale is a paid job. I get to pick 5 free books. Yesterday it was cookbooks for Jerry, he wants to know how to thicken the juice in a berry pie, and quilt books for me. Today who knows. but first it's the shower, you all have a groovy day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”