Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club, Thursday, October 3

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper club, Thursday, October 3

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:42 am

Good morning

Still camping. We went into town yesterday and the strolled Historic district. I bought a couple of cute things for Christmas gifts and two little things for my secret Santa gift

Last nights chili tasted OK, but my beans were crunchy. Not sure how I managed that. I soaked them overnight, no salt, and cooked the chili in the crockpot all day. So perhaps they were overcooked?

We had 15 mph winds through the night. I hope they let up when it gets light. We want to go explore the old fort today, visit the museum and maybe hike some of the trails. We may all gather in our trailer tonight to watch Seahawk game. Nobody but Bill and I are fans, but it’s so chilly in the evening that it will probably be preferable to sitting around outside. We will say goodbye to everyone in the morning and leave for our next campground.

Becca, those for babies really get into our hearts. We lost snickers six years ago last June. He was a special dog. Glad the twins are back together again. Interesting and heartwarming how both monitors went off.

Tina, glad to hear you got a little more rain. Is life a little quieter just having Preston or was it easier with both boys so they could entertain each other?

Jana, was the train just an excursion? Or aN Annual “display”? Can people ride the train? Roy and I rode the Silverton once back in 1988. And bill & I’ve ridden the white Pass Road up in Skagway. Those steam trains weren’t built for passenger comfort!

Rosebud, I hope you haven’t been working too hard. Is your retirement based on time, days worked, hours worked? I was just wondering if you ever worked overtime if that brought you that much closer to retirement.

Irish, you are off on a whirlwind week with Kathy. I hope you haven’t let up on your vitamins so you can keep up with that girl!

The third couple with us are making dinner tonight. It’s going to be grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato curry soup over rice I believe.

Nice not having to cook every meal! We all do headquarter at our campsite though because we are parked in the middle.

What’s your supper story going to be tonight

auntjana

Re: Supper club, Thursday, October 3

Post by auntjana » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:54 am

Good morning!

Mary - hope the day turns nice for your plans. The train is a special excursion. Union Pacific (UP) brings it out for special trips. Usually it hauls the customers UP serves and if you want to pay a huge sum of money, you can buy a ticket. Last price I saw was about $5000 each seat. We will watch it from trackside. This trip is for something in southern California. What makes these last trips extra special, was the engine has been out of service, totally being rebuilt, from the wheels up. Took about 4 years to rebuild and pass all the inspections to run again.

I won't need to cook for a few days. Michael is very happy to have his leftover tortilla soup. I can eat some, or a bowl of cereal will do me fine.

I do have a batch of blueberry muffins baking. Breakfast will be brunch. Michael is out mowing right now. We are down to the last couple of times this year. Me, I will sew in a bit.

Enjoy,
Jana

Becca

Re: Supper club, Thursday, October 3

Post by Becca » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:12 am

Hello everyone, sunny here and hot.
Maryz Your trip sounds enjoyable.Yes Taylor said it was something the way the Twins greeted each other.I have always thought twins have a special bond.My best friends in School were identical twins & they did.

Jana We went on a train ride when our kids were small .And we took our Grandsons on a train trip too.Both were steam engines.That sounds a bit pricey.

I have been in yard most of morning doing cleaning for Winter.All I Have Left is 2 ornamental grasses to cut.Mark will finish everything off when he weed eats for us.Yard got Mowed & it will only need a couple more.

There is leftovers so I’ll add some turkey sausage.Neither one are very hungry. Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”