Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

thurs Oct 3rd

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

thurs Oct 3rd

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:20 am

Good morning,,I am off to take Sophia to school then home to do a few things...I was up at 330 today not sure why but couldny sleep. so a nap will be in order. Had a fun time at the rv show but sis didnt buy,, yet..she is still working on it. going to try to motivate in the sewing room today..XXXXOOOO

QuiltGram8

Re: thurs Oct 3rd

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:39 am

Good morning Judi. Glad the RV show was fun. I am working on Secret Santa project.
I was quite distracted yesterday. We received word that our daughter living in CO was a victim of a wildfire and lost the RV they lived in along with one of their vehicles. So they have only clothes on their backs and their older car. She and a girlfriend live together and had parked their RV on a friend's property.
She was quite distraught yesterday and I am so far away. Can't give her much help. Please say a prayer for her and her girlfriend.
My daughter just started a new job last week and life was going in the right direction for her for a change, and now this had to happen. I feel so sorry for her.
This group has been so powerful with our prayers that I felt I would ask for your help.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:05 am

Good morning!

Velda - so sorry for your DD's loss. Widfires are so dangerous.

Judi - a nap later will be a good thing!

It is quite dark and cold here - 35, so I am tucked quite nicely in a warm quilt. Not much going in here. Ethan decided which way to add the fabric needed for the back of his quilt. He has piano today, so tomorrow, a short day for school, will give him more time to work on it. He was recognized for a award from the principal, for being kind and helpful to others.

Me, just later, after breakfast, will start my next project.

Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:14 am

Morning
Church BBQ yesterday was fun..Joe & I were organizers this year...boy am I tired.
MFA, Missouri Farm Association, will be here today to lime field.wevkyst sit & watch.
Got 2 rows on first t shirt Quilt.
Coffee time!
Flo

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:17 am

Good morning everyone,another sunny day here.

Velda Sure will pray for DD.Fires are so dangerous.Sure hope she can keep her new job.
Judi A nap will help you I hope.No sleep drags you down.
Jana Ethan is a fine little man.Anxious to see his first quilt.
Cindyg So Sad about the police .And his family.Great that the Town is memorializing him.
Lois Hope you have a good day.
Sherry Sure hope you can get well soon.Sorry you have had to feel bad.Hugs to you.
Flo Sure hope you found some shoes for dance.

Yesterday DH lost his last Aunt.She was 102.I saw where there was 2 drownings at a Beach here in NC.
I have uglies to do.Got yard mowed.Hope everyone has a great day & someone has a smile for them. Becca

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:31 am

Good morning, it's going to be a great day today.

This weekend is our local book sale for friends of the library. I will be working it on both Saturday and Sunday. I'm a lifetime member of the FOL.

When we shut our Direct tv account we had a credit balance of almost $7. They sent us a gift card. I tried to spend every bit of it on Amazon but am 31cents short of spending it all. I even bought a dog treat for under a dollar. That 31cents will stay on the card forever.

Lori, yep, our dogs save us from all kinds of mayhem. Squirrels, UPS men, people walking down the street. Gotta love them.

Flo, I don't think I have ever worn a gown. I surely don't have the shoes for a gown but wouldn't even know where to shop for a formal dress. enjoy your event.

Sharona, I have an iPhone 6. I would like a new phone but the cost is crazy. glad you found something that will work for you. Hope today is a little less busy.

Becca, yay for those twins. I imagine them at their high school graduation being valedictorian of their class and making a speech about fighting and surviving and excelling. They will do great things and are an inspiration.

Maryq, prayers for your friends mom.

Velda, I didn't know you had a daughter. Sorry she lost the RV. hope she had enough insurance to replace it. The red cross can help her if she neds it.

I gotta get moving. hope you all have a marvy day,
Chris
Psalm 91

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:58 am

Good morning from very windy Port Townsend.

We visited the historic district of town yesterday, and had lunch on the deck, watched a big ferry boat land next to the restaurant. All ships coming into any part of Puget sound have to pass here

Today we plan to explore the fort. There is a Museum and gift shop as well. You can rent all the old officers quarters to stay in, like a bed-and-breakfast or motel

Chriss, Scotty also protects us from robins and goldfinches. He has a real thing about birds. Hope you enjoy working the book sale. I think you know how I feel about books ! Our library quit having them because used book sellers will pay them more. At least that’s what they told me. I was disappointed To hear that. So it’s probably just as well because I really tended to load up on Books there

Velda, so sorry about your daughter. Chriss had an excellent idea to contact the Red Cross. Perhaps you would even be able to do that for her. At least she has her new job and I hope she could keep it. I wish her well

Becca, so sorry to hear your hubby lost his aunt.

Judi, you are going in so many directions these days. Small wonder you are awake at 3:30 !

Cindy, so sorry to hear about the loss of yet another person in blue. You know I’m praying for his family. How is the new baby doing?

It’s time to find another cup of coffee. Y’all have a terrific Thursday!

Mary z

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:08 am

Good morning Everyone,
Uglies are done just have a few loads of M.T.
Washmore to do then I'm home free it's raining here and suppose to do it all day so I will be in the sewing room.

Judi glad you had a good time at the RV show.
Velda sorry your dd and her friend lost everything will pray for them.
Flo glad you had a good time at the barbecue yesterday.
Jana it's good to be tucked in I cant wait to see Ethans finished product.
Chris's have fun at the book sale.
Becca the twins are amazing sorry for your loss.
Mary Q prayers for your Bff mother
Mary Z glad your having a good time after all that work you did.
Well that's all the news for now Everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:10 am

Good morning Everyone,
Uglies are done just have a few loads of M.T.
Washmore to do then I'm home free it's raining here and suppose to do it all day so I will be in the sewing room.

Judi glad you had a good time at the RV show.

Velda sorry your dd and her friend lost everything will pray for them.

Flo glad you had a good time at the barbecue yesterday.

Jana it's good to be tucked in I cant wait to see Ethans finished product.

Chris's have fun at the book sale.

Becca sorry for your loss.

Mary Q prayers for your Bff mother

Mary Z glad your having a good time after all that work you did.

Well that's all the news for now Everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:18 am

Good morning, just a quick stop by to read the daily happenings and check in. Slept in a bit as I couldn't fall asleep last night. Anxiety I guess over today's meeting.

New Admin came yesterday with the new Marketing Director. We were given the same speech all new admin's give. Things will get better, census will improve, you're all doing a good job, etc. No explanation as to how that will all happen except we are going to lunch and bowling. Ok, can't say we have tried that approach so will give it a shot.

Mary so glad you got Scotty! Those finches and Robbins can be quite dangerous!

Chriss no formal dresses for me either!

Becca condolences to your DH. Wow, 102.

Flo really not sure what liming a field is? I am thinking we don't do that in California.

Vel so sorry for you daughters loss. Many times co-workers step up in a situation like that.

Not too much new. Need to get things going for work.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”