Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday September 30,2019

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Monday September 30,2019

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:14 am

Good Morning Everyone,
Yesterday we went to our nephews babies christening we had the whole church to our selves he was the only baby being christened such a little cutie pie he never uttered 1 sound the whole time and the party afterwards was wonderful.

Today I will sew down the snow lady then move on to something else.

Well there is nothing else new to report.
I hope you all have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Re: Monday September 30,2019

Post by suzette58 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:23 am

Good morning Lois and those who follow.
Today is a sewing day. I realized a week from tomorrow is the monthly guild meeting and I haven’t finished my row for the row by row quilt I have. The owner wants it to be 72” wide. Goodness. Then I have to quilt hubby’s motorcycle wall hanging. Not much to get done before the 11th. Too much going on. Oh we also have Christmas shopping. The ones we have left are probably getting gift cards. Our two oldest grand daughters have new homes so I am sure there is stuff they need. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Lois - have a wonderful day.
Suzette

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:30 am

ok post disappeared again...Dr appt today for my bones...I will start on the injections as soon as we get auth from the insurance company,

Stopa t the market on the way home and some sewing later,,,no time to rewrite..XXXXOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:20 am

Good morning everyone,sunny here.We are Still in the heat.

TWINS UPDATE Brodee will have an ultrasound to make sure button is working properly.He will go back to Asheville today or tomorrow.He gets eye exam this week.He weighs 2 lb 15 oz.
Hadlee has had runny nose but it’s getting better.She will have eye exam too.She weighs 2 lb 5oz.She will have echo again.Her murmur hasn’t been heard in over a week.
Thank you for the prayers.Levi & Taylor is very appreciative.

A Sister to Adalyn that broke her arm & Just got out of cast has now broke her arm.This is Clara.She is 8.I was Sorry to hear about it.

Maryq The TWINS Benefit is November 16.Yes they are having an Auction & will take craft items.

Lois Glad your babies Service was so nice.I love seeing them.

Judi Hope you soon get the ok for r the shot & it works for you.

Suz Enjoy your busy day.

Valerie Sure Happy you & DGS are Home Safe.What a story & thanks To Theresa & Rob for their kindness.Hope those friends are gone.

Must get moving. Have to go to Town to get Med for DH,Some shopping.Then Home & Get started on projects for the Benefit.
Have a great day everyone.Prayers to all in need. Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:22 am

Good morning,

BRRR... 44* this morning! Two weeks ago it was 80*. I guess we had a "flash fall" this year.

JUDI - good luck with dr appt, insurance, and injections. Yesterday my post I was typing went "POOF", too. I'm sure everyone knows by now to make sure when you hit SUBMIT, that it actually SUBMITS. But before I did that, I stopped to proofread with my fingers hovered over the keyboard. I guess one of my fingers brushed a key and my post was gone. I tried backarrow and that didn't work, so I hit forward arrow twice and there it was! Another thing to try is to hit ctrl and z. Sometimes that works.

SUZETTE - you better get crackin', girl! You have a lot to do! Everybody with a new house can use a new quilt. Or placemats/napkins, special wallhanging, one of those bowls you make filled with something . . . You got this!

LOIS - don't you wonder how you ever had time to work?

BECCA - praying for the results we all want with the twins upcoming tests and exams.

Yesterday I finished cleaning all my kitchen cupboards and drawers. Got rid of a big box of stuff, cleaned the oven, and mopped the floor. I was more than ready to sit down to our football game. And our 'Hawks won! A good day! Today, I plan to put a turkey breast in the crockpot, make a pumpkin pie, some sugar cookies, do a short grocery run, and get flu shots while we're there. Funny that nowadays we go to the grocery store for health care. Our friends are arriving in their trailer sometime today (hence turkey dinner for tonite) and we'll be off camping tomorrow until Oct 9.

Happy today, everyone!
mary z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:24 am

Good morning, what a beautiful day it's going to be. I love this fall weather.

Moose and I chased squirrels quite a bit this weekend. He had one trapped in a crack in a rock. the squirrel couldn't escape and was squeaking, Moose couldn't get to him the crack was too small. I called Moose in and the squirrel lived for another day.

Got my elf gift ready and have a couple of things to add to it. I am happy with the way it came out.

Years ago I made a charm quilt and have it layered ready for sewing the binding down and over the weekend I layered a jelly roll race quilt I put together last year. It needs to be quilted.

Maryq, lets pray for more hours a day rather than cloning. I'm not convinced the world is ready for two of me.

Valerie, so glad that Andrew is home safe. Would have been an interesting ride home hearing what he thought of that episode.

Becca, I love that Brodee outweighs Hadlee, yay for him. prayers for his button.

I need to get moving, you all have a marvelous day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:43 am

Good Sunny Morning......48'

Have a few uglies to do then work on my SS projects. I have 3 things picked out & I'll work on choosing the fabrics today.

Not much going on here. I've decided to knit myself a simple shawl(just like an old lady)for evenings to keep my shoulders warm at night.

Lois.......looks like you had a wonderful day yesterday. Happy sewing.

Suzette........you sure have your sewing schedule full. I need to make my Christmas list.

Judi.......sorry about your post. I have difficulties with that too. Prayers your Ins Co gives you the authority for your in injections.

Love & Prayers..........Kathy

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:56 am

Morning
Joe & I have been talking about getting compound bows for several years. Yesterday we bit the bullet and each got one. They are our everything presents for last year, this year, and next.
I shot a recurve bow in high school, but this one takes less strength once it's fitted to your size & strength. It can be adjusted as I get stronger. We even got a target for home...11 acres should be good for something besides mowing.
Time to make breakfast.
Flo

womster

Post by womster » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:25 am

Good morning!

Just another manic Monday here. I remember seeing 2:30am on the clock - blah. Now I'm headed in to do payroll and other financial stuff on less than half a mind. We're still in the 80s here, but tomorrow the bottom falls out and we will be in the 50s for a high. Woohoo!

Prayers for all. xoxo Sharona

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:35 am

Good morning!

Mother Nature pulled the plug on warm, we are at 32! The house was cold this morning, so we turned on the furnace, guess it will stay on now. My barn is covered in a very thick layer of frost.

A few uglies and then will play in the Batt Cave. I need to make a roman shade blinds with warm and natural lining to go in my two windows right in my sewing area. They radiate the cold during the winter months, so I cover them to keep the warmth in the Batt Cave. Last year, I just hung a old moving blanket, in fact I was desparte, so I nailed it to the wall! Window covering, redneck style! LOL!

Stay warm! Do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”