Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

October Lotto---The Winner is!!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

October Lotto---The Winner is!!!

Post by maryq » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:49 am

Okay Lotto Lovers
Can you believe it... Here it is November 1st already!!!! YIKES...

The winner for the October lotto is ……

MARYGOROUND! YIPPEE... And boy do you have some gorgeous blocks to work with!

I'll be getting them in the mail to you... ASAP probably Monday!

congratulations!

Okay... Here it is!!! Could anything be easier-peasier than Rail Fence?

Dig out your fall scraps.... cut 2.5" by 6.5" strips... sew them together in sets--either planned or scrappy (see photo) then put 4 blocks together to make one 12.5" block OR send just the 4 blocks for the winner to put together. How's that for easy!

This month you'll get 1 ticket for EACH 6.5" block!!! Not just one ticket per 12.5" finished block... that way you'll get LOTS more chances to Win!

Thank you Marygo and Teresa for the ideas/help! Rail fence came to like a Gibb smack to the head! :lol: :lol:

ImageImage

Received: Marygo.... 30 little 6.5" blocks YIPEE!!!
Last edited by maryq on Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

MaryGoRound

Re: October Lotto

Post by MaryGoRound » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:18 pm

I have an idea for a project. You use a roll of NON-THERMAL adding machine paper tape as a base to sew on scraps. I thought this would be fun to leave at the machine and sew a few pieces each time you sit to sew. It is a good not much thought involved as well as a good scrap buster. The pieces can be different widths (but not too wide). Also, use a slightly tighter stitch so the paper will tear easily. Suggestion would be to turn this in for January????? Perhaps this can be turned into an “everyone wins month” a certain number of feet so everyone can make a quilt?? I would be willing to send everyone who participates a FQ of a certain color to add a little unity to the overall scrappy blocks.

I will look for some photos to post. I don’t know if this is something that the group has done before. I haven’t but ..... it looked fun to me. Any interest?

MaryGoRound

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:55 pm

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:00 pm

This is on U-Tube. She gives an example on inserting the strips into blocks in an "X"
RsIslandCrafts - Robin
**Scraps-Everyone's got them Some ways I use my strips of calculator paper scraps**

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:26 pm

Definitely Have the Lotto

MaryGoRound - LOVE your Ideas. We did make the bottom one and it was a FUN ONE!!!
I think with Mary saying that a lot of Pals have a lot of things going on that we might think of something Easy, Fun and definitely Kid Friendly.

I have wanted to make an I Spy Quilt for a while. How about ...

We could all send in sets of "2" (I Spy) - 5.5" blocks that are CLOSE to being the same

To add a touch of finishing we could SEND 2.5" Sashings using Kona or similarly good quality - Solid White strips.

What do you think????

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:57 am

I haven’t made an I spy quilt yet. I would have to search out some fabric. I was wondering if we had enough people to divide the alphabet. S is for snake, etc. Too difficult?? Perhaps the over all blocks be the same size but the images may vary in size? I don’t know that we could all find 2 inch images. Thoughts?

MaryGo

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:28 am

Any decisions yet?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:32 am

I have another one I've been really wanting to do. It is a wonky basket quilt block. I thought it was easy. The basket is pieced and the handle is appliquéd (on the bias). I found a good u-tube tutorial for making the bias strips. I'll try to find a photo to post.

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:44 am

MaryGoRound

Re: October Lotto---Revised

Post by MaryGoRound » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:05 pm

Just a few questions (as always):

1. Do you want all prints or is mixing in solids OK?
2. What date do you need them by? Are we skipping a month? I wasn't quite sure
based on the previous discussions.
3. Just to clarify, we are using a regular 1/4 inch seam allowance not a scant
1/4 inch, correct? While the seams don't have to match up on this block it really
helps if we are close.

Many thanks,
MaryGo

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”