Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 12th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 12th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:08 am

Good morning,

Yesterday was a busy day. We got a lot of chores taken care of, including finishing up our wood splitting/stacking job. We got a scant cord and a half put away into the woodshed. Only took us about 5 weeks to do a 2-day job. Not bad! :lol: Today my plan is/was to do laundry AGAIN, make a couple of quilt bindings, and then bring in all my yard art and do some weeding. Today is the last dry day for a while and I'd rather not work in the rain. I had a good start about 3 weeks ago but then I ran into a bees nest, plus life got a bit hectic. But now Bill is saying he feels like he needs to go see Ernie. So that may happen instead, which is a 4-6 hour trip. We're going in that direction tomorrow evening anyway for a different event, but a few snags have come up in trying to move Ernie to a new facility and the whole situation is keeping Bill awake at night. So I'm guessing it's going to be Seattle for us today.

JANA - Ethan is going to be so excited!! Sounds like he's all outfitted and will be ready to rock and roll! And Halloween is such a fun time at D-land! Though Christmas is pretty great, too! If you weren't working on your wall-hangings, what other projects would be under your needle? And yes, I think Vicki's kids just don't want to be the bad guys. Her rage is something to behold. They also don't want to pay $2,000 to get legal custody of her which would allow them to make decisions for her. However, it doesn't seem to bother them that WE'VE put out more than $3,000 just in damages she has caused plus having to change some of our landscaping and relocate our RV shelter to accommodate her. I also think, if they respond to us, we have proof that they have acknowledged problems, like rats, should things ever go the lawsuit route. Snow!!?! You said it would happen!

TINA - praying the insurance company gets with the program quickly and you get some answers. And solutions!! So scary about Preston's close call. I had a similar experience when my Mikey was a toddler.
That memory still chills my blood so I know how you are feeling.

MARY ROSE - you know we're with you in spirit today at the doctor's office. Praying for all good news!

IRISH - your sister cracked me up - "..she's on drugs..." lol! But I AM glad she's careful about the pain meds. I hate taking them, too. Yes, sometimes I think about the future, too, and how things can change. You have a large, loving family that would step in to help, I'm sure. Our Ernie has no family but Bill, Bill's sis, and their cousin but Bill is the only one close by even though the cousin is legally responsible. And there's an older brother, age 97, who is delightfully sharp, sweet, and gentle. Bill's mom was the sister of these two sweet uncles. She was a bitter, unpleasant woman. I have no idea what happened there!

BECCA - Mostly I loved my home-ec class - I took it my junior year at the Vocational School across the street from my high school - 3 hours a day, 5 days a week. First semester was cooking and second semester was sewing. We learned all manner of cooking, French sauces, baking, family meals, company meals, etc. as well as menu planning, grocery shopping, stove-cleaning, and more. When we got out of that class, believe me, we could cook! Then in sewing we each made about 5 outfits right down to linings and bound button holes. I've never made a bound button hole since, but if I had to, I could. Maybe. Probably not. :D Now I'm hungry for pie dough cookies!

Last night I ended up making a chicken & dressing casserole and green beans. It wasn't bad. (great review, huh, after just touting my excellent cooking classes! :lol: I never said I got A's.) But there's plenty left for tonite so that's what we'll be having.

What ideas are simmering in your brain for your supper tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 12th

Post by Becca » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:27 am

Hello everyone,nice morning here.Got walk in early.Got lamp shades all cleaned & dusting complete.
TWINS update.Today is a busy day for them.They have been doing good.Brodee has a spinal tap today tocheck to see if Infection is cleared.Hadlee comes off ventilator today.Both have eye exams in Another week.And both get head scans on Monday.Thank you for your prayers & love.Taylor is with those babies by their side every day.Levi too when he isn’t working.

Maryz You did take a chef class it sounds like Mine was 1 hr classes.For 2 yrs.We too did bound button holes & hand sewing fancy stitches.I sure understand on hurdles at facility.It never goes smooth.

Rosebud Thinking of you Today for tests to be normal.Prayers too.

Tina Prayers for you That Insurance Co gets the answer in So wheels can move on for you.

I just got called away to try to help CA on weed eater.Trying to get new Head on we ordered.Its the wrong size & he put down model Number & Everything.Ugh!!!
We are having burritos,And Im making me squash sautéed with onions. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:30 am

Good morning!

Mary - it occurs to me that you hold the bigger hammer - sue for your damages in small claims court or not sue, if the family steps up and takes custody for the help Vicki needs. How close will Uncle Ernie be to you and Bill for visits?

Becca - such happy reports on the twins. We cleaned and organized all the tools and now can't find the string for our weed whacker! It was a new almost full spool.

Not much here - we did pizza last night for our dinner. Only enough for a lunch today. I think I will do chicken, rice, and country gravy for tonight. I already have the rice from the other night.

Playing in the Batt Cave - it is warmer down there. The upstairs is cool and we are trying not to turn on the furnace yet. The fireplace warms the upstairs for us enough at night. It is barely 55 now mid morning.

Enjoy,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:00 pm

Hi everyone!
I've been browsing the Connecting z threads catalog! They have such pretties! I ordered a couple Christmas gifts today, I'm trying to spread it out so it's less stressful, I've got Jazmyne, Maria and Holly all done. Matthew, Easton, Preston and Kevin are half done. Frankie, Dad and Adam are zero done
Mary, it's so sad about Vicki but so frustrating for you and Bill to have to shell large amounts of money out from the destructive things she does.
Becca, I'm praying for those babies ❤ I ordered a filter pad thing for my little potable room cooler through Home Depot where I bought it from, poor in the all the info and they said this one was the replacement for it.....not even close! Ugh!
Jana, your temperatures sound perfect to me!
I laid little thin steaks out, not sure what their name is LOL just cheap ones 😉 gonna do baked potatoes and either salad or a veggie of some kind.
MaryRose, thinking of you today, I hope all is good ❤
Thank you all ❤
Tina

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:45 pm

Good afternoon from sunny, warm, another summer like day in SW. Pa....

Mary, I also think, you kind of have the upper hand when it comes to Vicki and the kids should make sure you get your money back....Had they done something awhile back, maybe it wouldn't be as bad now...But, we all have our reasons, don't we?

Becca, So happy to hear the report on the babies...Wow, they really do sound like miracles, don't they? I can only imagine how stressful and worrisome for their parents...Prayers will keep coming and they will keep fighting...Years from now, you all will say, do you remember when these little peanuts were born???

Jana, Here I am posting about our summer like weather (using the AC) and there you are almost turning on your furnace...But, one day last week, I did turn mine on...Mainly to make sure it worked but I also wanted to heat up the bathroom for my bubbly....But, I do hate the idea of turning it on and leaving it on....I think I'm going to be just as excited as Ethan, can't wait to hear what he has to say.....

Tina, OK, now enough of this early Christmas shopping and then to have so many done...That's un heard of! I know Mary always does her's early because of going to Texas but you too???? I might be hanging with the wrong bunch....Hope the insurance and the doctors get their act together and take care of things, STAT!

This was another lazy day...Really just got back from lunch with the Meals on Wheels gals then went to Kohl's to try to find some fall tops and then stopped at the cemetery...Had a nice talk with Jim and then kind of told Cindy I was upset with her for leaving me...But, I think she's used to hearing it...And that was my day....
Yesterday, I finished doing power washing all the sidewalks and patio...I even wrote a message in the cement to Nick, took a picture and sent it to him....I have a feeling he thought Gram was a bit goofy before, but now he knows for sure, lol.....

As for my dinner, I have left over breaded chicken salad that is really good....Also have 1 snowball for afters so I'm in good shape (food wise not shape wise)......

You all have a good rest of the day.....

Happy eating..............

Eagle Update: It seems romance is in the air, both up here in our nests and also at the Ft. Myers nest...All are busy restoring their "homes" , with a little hanky panky going on in the branches.....

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:12 pm

LOL Irish, I'll still be rushing at the last for Christmas. I am wondering though, maybe you all can give me your input to help me decide.....Kevin asked for a tree skirt so I'm gonna try and get that made and I have a couple other things that are Christmas decoration type things....should I give them early for them to have and use for this Christmas or just wrap them up and give on Christmas day?
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:44 pm

Tina - I have done both - saved it for Christmas and also done early Christmas gifts. Around here - Michael tells me not to wait for Christmas if I find something that someone in the family will like, get it and give it to them now. So I have been trying to do just that. There will be a little something under the tree for them, but I get to spoil all my kids the whole year. We don't do large expensive gifts in this family, just a something that the person can use and like - I hope! There are just too many of us and not enough money to do the big expensive things.

I just finished up a bunch of embroidering names for gifts - now that is out of my hair! Cleaning up my mess too!

Jana

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:55 pm

Good evening. All is well on my Homefront. Bloodwork came out good. My calcium count was high, but not bad. My upper chest scan was negative for cancer, and won't have to be done again for another year. On the other hand I will need to go in for another CT scan of the lower abdomen, liver, kidneys, etc. to eliminate other causes of bleeding that could have caused the low hemoglobin count last March. The oncologist feels my blood levels should be checked every 8 to 12 weeks until the cause has been found and addressed.

Tina, what is this, Christmas for half your kids already done?

Becca, prayers still being said for the babies.

Irish, power washing your sidewalk and driveway sounds a bit daunting. When I read that, my mind pictured a hill of sand in the driveway. Where that came from is beyond me, lol.

Mary, how did you make your chicken and dressing casserole.

My supper was a crispy chicken sandwich from Sonic. I stopped and got it on my way to my Dr. appointment.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”