Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sept 11

Daily discussions.
velvet

Sept 11

Post by velvet » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:20 am

Today is a sad reminder of the hatred in the world. So many innocent people were killed and many families were destroyed. I pray that GOD holds those and the first responders close to HIS heart.

Diane

FlorenceM

Re: Sept 11

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:09 am

Morning Diane & all to follow

God Bless all those who lost their lives from that horrible attack. May we never forget.
Flo

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:16 am

Prayers for all those who continue to morn the loss of their loved ones. May God hold them in his hands and wipe their tears. Prayers also for peace in the world.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:18 am

Good morning, everyone,

Amen, Diane. Well said. A day we'll never forget.

CINDY - Happy Great Gramma!! I know you'll love the little guy! I actually have heard of someone named Cannon before. What fun, a brand new baby hot out of the production chamber. Snuggle time! Oh, by the way - a duck walk. You asked. Squat down (like I can't do anymore) and then you move your feet forward - walk while squatted. MOST unladylike!

VAL - How do you usually wear your long, long hair?

KATY - your bundt cake sounds kind of black foresty. And delicious, even though I'm not too much of a chocolate fan. . If Chriss does't get by there, please send me her piece!

MARY Q - Those FGV quilts definitely aren't ones you whip out in a week, but they are a fun project to work on in between all the other projects we do and so pretty when finished. Your tree skirt is going to be awesome!!! Those gnomes are so cute! And yes, Bill's been pretty occupied, but he's happy to do it for Ernie. We are getting prepared to go to Court to petition for involuntary hospitalization for Vicki. But she went on the attack again Saturday so we filed APS report and they said they are definitely going to look into it and come out to evaluate her physical, mental, and environmental status. (I think it was the rats that won them over!) so we are giving them the chance to take care of it first. We'd rather not be the ones to get her committed if we don't have to.

I think Bill wants to split wood today. We haven't circled back to that chore yet. But he has some more phone calls to make first, and is expecting a couple as well re Ernie's transfer. I haven't made a plan for me yet. I'll stack wood and probably do a little yard work and start bringing in my yard art. I want to get it done before the rains come for real.

Wishing us all full bobbins!
mary z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:29 am

Good morning,

Prayers for the families effected by September 11.

Maryz, don't even try to sneak my Katy cake. back away girlfriend.

Maryq, is next week the week? do I get my elf next week? Just a warning, if she doesn't have her hints posted, and to quote an 8 year old Marilyn. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.

Work time for me, Have a great day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:59 am

Diane - today is a very sad day indeed. Such a horrid vision still in my head. Prayers for all those who lost loved ones on that day and after because of that evilness.

Maryz - thanks for duck walk explanation - good grief! LOL Good luck with the Vicki thing and it really would be nice if the APS took care of it instead of you but if it turns out that you have to do it at least you have your ducks in a row.

Chriss - you are so funny about your secret santa.

I am a great grandma. Hannah is doing fine - just sore. Gavin was such a trooper - I was very proud of him - and kind of surprised. Neither one of them know the first thing about taking care of a baby so that has me a little worried. I had to show Gavin how to burp Cannon so now he knows that. So today is back to the old grind.

I hope we can all fondle fabric today.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:09 am

Good Cloudy Morning......

Prayers for all effected by the three attacks on our country. It still is unbelievable. God bless.

I want to get my post in before Kimberly Skypes me at 9. She is doing much better, hand very little pain & the wound on her leg no longer needs the visiting nurse. And now for the 3ed time she's in the beginning of
come off the pain meds.

I've not been up to much besides keeping her company & knitting.

Diane......thank you for starting us off today & all the quilts you make.

Flo......may we never forget & pass it on to the young.

Maryz......it is so sad to think Vicky's family are not caring for her. In the long run I hope she gets the proper care thanks to you. While I was out a few days ago I saw lots of little areas of red & gold leaves.

Cindy......congratulations on the birth of a great grand baby!!

Chriss.....are you two really going to fight over a piece of cake? Have a a fast day at work.

Love & Prayers.....Kathy

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:17 am

Good morning all

A happy birthday to my x. This family has a habit of being born on sad days. My mother n law was born on pearl harbor day and her middle name was pearl. Gish I hope nothing ever happens on September 30 my daughters birthday.
Well enough of that. Yesterday cleaned down bathroom other chores and fixed a zuccini pie made with Bisquick . It was really good.
Today gonna hit the sewing room which is calling my name. Too hot to garden.
Maryz You are invited too for coffee and bunt cake. I have other recipes .
Cindy Congratulations.
Chriss I agree with you Everyone needs to get their name and info in for secret Santa hints
Well for me more coffee and watch my hummmers
You all have a great sewing day
Katy.

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:22 am

Good morning all! Today is a remembrance of what happened on 9/11/2001. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. I prayed this morning for all those who lost their lives on that horrible day. Watched the replay on Fox and Friends of all of the horrible things that happened in that time period. Cried while I was watching. it always brings me to tears remembering seeing those towers fall. It brought our country together like almost never before.

Not much planned for today. Have some errands to run this morning including getting a Fairview Apache shirt to wear to the football game Friday night. My DGS play for them and they are the rivals of the team my DS2 played on when he was in school. Need to get a new floor lamp for my puzzle table. My old one finally "bit the dust".

Well better get going. Will come back later and read all of your posts. Have a good day.

Sherry

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:26 am

Good morning!

Yes, we must never forget! There are many still suffering and mouning the loss of loved ones. Many prayers for the brave first responders, who without a moments thought, run to help one in need. We are a blessed nation with many freedoms, let us never forget!

Should be a quiet day around here. Poured down rain accompanied by thunder and lightning all night. The horse field on the other side of my back fence had standing water, but that has soaked in. No mowing the lawn today.

I started pulling the fabrics for my November wall hanging. I will work on that today. Didn't make the milk run yesterday, so that is a must today.

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”