Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SECRET SANTA 2019 NEW HINTS

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: SECRET SANTA 2019 NEW HINTS

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:51 am

Screen name: Grammiequilts
2. Real name:Judi
3. Birthdate: (you don't have to say the year :) 09/20/1946

4. Favorite color:all of them
5. Least Favorite color: probably orange
6. Favorite type: (ie; Civil War, 30's, retro's etc)I dont like grunge,or metalic, or fairy frost, not a fan of batiks either,,,but most others I am ok with,

7 Briefly describe your sewing space: Do you have a separate room? or a corner in another room? What colors do you have in it. I have a large bedroom with a walk in closet, an antique mail room cabinet with small cubbies is where my wof stores..in the closet in scraps sorted in bins by color...It is wood paneling and has 4 windows that look out on our street, it is dark and needs painting and a new floor...on my house wish list..
Complete this sentence: "I can never have too many__mason jars full of buttons...i have a shelf of jars, __also collect sheep but the flock is overrunning my sewing room._______________________"
9 Complete this sentence: "No such thing as too much_thread I have hundreds of spools including old wooden spools__________________________"
10. My Machine prefers _any and all__________________ brand of thread.

11. Do you quilt/sew for charity? If so which one/s. Do you need/want things that help with that project? I help make wraps fpr the homeless these are cut by 2 teens in our area and we hem and add pockets,,,so far they have distributed over 400 wraps on the streets of Detroit, their site is called MJK blanket wraps

12. One little thing I really wish for__not one thing comes to mind,,,but I love what ever my Santa sends,,,maybe a new frixion pen__and I wouldny be upset if some twizzlers happen to show up in my sewing room.__________________________________________

Please add any other information that you would like your Santa to know about you...... I am married to my best friend for 53 years,,,he works and i cook and take care of the house...we have 4 children. and 10 grand children. 3 are young and spend a ton of time with us,,the rest are older and we dont see them as often,,,we also have one 3 years old great grandchild who is adorable...He started preschool this year...we have n0 pets and we agreed they would probably out live us...so we babysit our daughters Havanese named Clark W Griswold.( grizzy)..when ever they need us to. we live in a small town on a river and enjoy life we love camping in a 38ft Denali 5th wheel when ever we can..xxxooo

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:39 pm

1. Screen name: billizzy
2. Real name: Izzy
3. Birthdate: June 3

4. Favorite color: Purple and earth tones
5. Least Favorite color: Yellow
6. Favorite type: Civil War, 30's, wools :)

7 Briefly describe your sewing space: My sewing room is my 1 car garage converted into a bedroom aka Izzys space :) Walls are a taupe with white trim. I have two paintings that my hubby did one of roses and one of horses both in blues. I have a blue check valance--that I want to change to include my sewing room swap blocks with purple fabric--Just havent got to it yet. I collect antique machines and have 7 currently in my sewing room. I have a ugly ironing board, no cushion on my chair and no room on my walls for anything. I do have a quilt on my door that could be changed out. The hooks are 14 inches apart for loops to hang quilt from :)

8. Complete this sentence: "I can never have too many needles, binding clips, Marking pens, or rotary blades.

9 Complete this sentence: "No such thing as too much thread"

10. My Machine prefers cotton of any type thread. I buy a lot of coats and clark and love it. My go to color is ecru All Purpose thread :) I buy it in multiples when on sale :)

11. Do you quilt/sew for charity? If so which one/s. Do you need/want things that help with that project? I make lap quilts for nursing home residents. I would love your rogue blocks of any size or any eww don't like that fabric you have to use for backings, the quilts are 36-inch square.

12. One little thing I really wish for pantographs for my LA. I also do a lot of hand quilting and am always looking for a great thimble, thread and needles. I also love to do wool projects by hand. I love anything with goats on it :) Reused items are awesome in my eyes nothing has to be brand new. If you used it and are done with it and its still got life Pass it on :)

**All Nuts allergy so if send yummies Please read labels :) Lover Werthers, jolly ranchers, gummie bears :)
Last edited by billizzy on Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
🐐izzy

javin22

Post by javin22 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:12 am

1. Screen name: javin22
2. Real name: Vinae
3. Birthdate: (you don't have to say the year :) May 18th
4. Favorite color: rich earth tones, reds, browns, greens.
5. Least Favorite color: pastels
6. Favorite type: (ie; Civil War, 30's, retro's etc) lodge look, moose, deer, elk, bear, snowshoes, trees, pine cones, cabins, plaid etc.
7 Briefly describe your sewing space: Do you have a separate room? or a corner in another room? What colors do you have in it. I have two sewing rooms, a sewing room and quilting room. I have all colors in the sewing room. I have lodge look valance of applique trees on the window. The quilting room has fall and a deer wall hanging in it.
8. Complete this sentence: "I can never have too many___aprons________________________"
9 Complete this sentence: "No such thing as too much___fabric________________________"
10. My Machine prefers _Amann Group Metler cone thread__________________ brand of thread.
11. Do you quilt/sew for charity? If so which one/s. Do you need/want things that help with that project?
I donate to the Festival of trees charity for children's hospital. I make all types of quilts and tree skirts, usually out of Christmas fabrics. Can use background and Christmas fabrics for that.
12. One little thing I really wish for__something made by you.____________________________________________

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:34 am

1. Screen name: Maryq
2. Real name: Mary
3. Birthdate: (you don't have to say the year 11/05/1951

4. Favorite color: Navy, teal
5. Least Favorite color: Orange
6. Favorite type: (ie; Civil War, 30's, retro's etc) Like CW, 30's, florals, not crazy about geometrics, or "modern" Love Moda blenders, but not the grunge so must. Love Thimbleberries,

7 Briefly describe your sewing space: Do you have a separate room? or a corner in another room? What colors do you have in it. My main sewing room is what used to be the family room. Walls are off white. Not a lot of wall space. I have 3 sewing machines in there, a huge desk for my main Janome machine, a tall cabinet for storing fabric and projects. Nice big cutting table, It's kind of crowded but everything I need is close at hand. I have 3 spare bedrooms, one holds all my fabric organized on shelves, one holds my big table for laying out/pinning quilts, the 3rd is a "guest room" of sorts... there's a bed in there anyway.

8. Complete this sentence: "I can never have too many: safety pins, long straight pins, plastic bobbins, seam rippers, machine needles (Schmeltz)
9 Complete this sentence: "No such thing as too much fabric, of course"
10. My Machine does like Connecting threads, brand of thread. My Janome dealer told me NOT to use Coats and Clark, but I do some times anyway. Depending on what I'm sewing.

11. Do you quilt/sew for charity? If so which one/s. Do you need/want things that help with that project? I sew a lot for the Children's Hospice home, But also enjoy helping Diane with QOV. Hope to do more of that next year.

12. One little thing I really wish for: Block lock rulers, They are great for squaring up HST's. I do have the 6.5"

Please add any other information that you would like your Santa to know about you.
(I'll add to this when I think of something)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:24 am

1. Screen name: QuiltGram8

2. Real name: Velda ( summer: Illinois - winter: Texas)

3. Birthdate: (you don't have to say the year May 23

4. Favorite color: I have no “favorite”. I love most all colors.

5. Least Favorite color: Also I do not dislike any particular color.

6. Favorite type: (ie; Civil War, 30's, retro's etc) I am a fan of all types. Not a big fan of very large prints.

7 Briefly describe your sewing space: Do you have a separate room? or a corner in another room? What colors do you have in it. I live full time in a 5th Wheel RV. No separate sewing room. I have to set up my machine and cutting mat, pressing area, etc each and everytime I need to or want to sew. No set color scheme.

8. Complete this sentence: "I can never have too many pins and safety pins or spools of neutral color threads for piecing."

9 Complete this sentence: "No such thing as too much ???????? no answer here!

10. My Machine prefers (ANY)_ brand of thread.

11. Do you quilt/sew for charity? If so which one/s. Do you need/want things that help with that project? I piece quilt tops with my church and all of our fabric and thread is being donated. We really do have quite a lot in our project room.

12. One little thing I really wish for_ I really don’t have a wish list for anything. But I do enjoy a recycled quilt magazine or book with a nice positive story base.

Added info: Since we are full time living in RV, no extra room for hanging things on walls. I really do enjoy changing placemats and table toppers for decor. I am diabetic, so no sweet treats, please. I love feeding the hummingbirds and watching and learning about their habits. DH and I go fishing together in summer. We have a 13 year old beagle that we love so much. I also love to browse old quilt magazines. Sometimes I find them at garage sales and Thrift Shops.
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:02 pm

1. Screen name: Gershwin64
2. Real name: Tina
3. Birthdate: December 8th

4. Favorite color: purple
5. Least Favorite color: I'm pretty sure I love all colors!
6. Favorite type: (ie; Civil War, 30's, retro's etc) 30's is my all time favorite, civil war is my second fave....I love all kinds just not crazy LOL

7 Briefly describe your sewing space: my sewing room is my son's old bedroom which became Jazmyne's bedroom when she was born and lived here till she was almost 4, I think it's 12x13. It's pink and purple from being Jazmyne's room, one day I'd like to paint it to not look like a very little girls room LOL

8. Complete this sentence: "I can never have too many blades for my rotary cutter, curved safety pins, buttons"
9 Complete this sentence: "No such thing as too much mini charm packs, or background fabrics of WOW, COC etc.
10. My Machine prefers Guttermam, Connecting Threads, etc...I use all kinds of brands of thread.

11. Do you quilt/sew for charity? QIAD comfort quilts, Quilts for kids and Rare Bear program for kids. Do you need/want things that help with that project? No I'm fine for now.

12. One little thing I really wish for is time, being organized and finishing projects, but I don't think anyone can help me there 😉

13. Hobbies: flower garden, pond, grandkids 😉

14. Candy: hot tamales, burnt peanuts, Boston peanuts, paydays, tootsie pops, M&M's LOL all 😉
Last edited by gershwin64 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:21 pm

1. Screen Name: Quiltmom
2. Real Name: Sherry
3. Birthdate: October 2, 1947 (getting better with age)

4. Favorite Color: Maize and Blue (Go Wolverines)
5. Least favorite color: Bright orange and batiks
6. Favorite Type: Civil War and 1800's repros

7. My sewing space is basically all over the house. Since it is now just me and the furbabies I can spread out my sewing. I store my fabrics and supplies in closet at the end of the hall. My cutting table is very large in what I call the dining room. My sewing machine is on an SewEzi table that I can move all around. No specific colors except in the room where I do most of my sewing. I have it decorated in Michigan Wolverines and Chicago Cubs stuff.

8. I can never have too many small nativity scenes that I collect.
9. No such thing as too much Civil War fabric.
10. My Machine prefers good quality cotton Coats and Clark brand of thread.

11. I don't belong to a group that quilts for charity but have been thinking about starting to quilt some lap robes for the VA Hospital. Just need to get my act together. I don't need fabric because I have more than I will ever use.

12. One little thing I really wish for is a good circular template that is medium size.

Not much more I can add. Since DH passed 5 years ago it has always been Smoke and me until Sweetie showed up in my backyard last winter cold and sick. Now it is just us in the house and they run it. It is so good to have both of my sons and their families close now after all these years. I love being able to go to my grandson's activities like most normal grandmas after them being gone in all those years their dad was in the Corps. On the whole other than wishing DH was here after 47 years together I am truly enjoying my retirement.

I do a lot of counted cross stitching and love it just as much if not more than my quilting. I also do 1000+ piece puzzles in the winter. So as you can see I don't get too bored. When weather is nice I get out and go also.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:56 am

Good Morning!!

1. kathysquilts
2. Kathy Rogers
3. 3/27/48
4. Favorite color: red, blue/yellow
5. Least favorite color: black
6. Favorite type: 30's, the Dimples line, CW, & any red
7. it's very funny to me that my room is set up almost the same as my Long Island house. I'm lucky to have a whole room with 2 banquet tables one for sewing & one for cutting. the sewing table is next to the window so I can see the lake & all the trees. I have 2 "pantry cabinets" to hold my stash. I'm happy here!
8. "I can never have too many finished quilts."
9. "No such thing as too much fabric."
10. my machine is new & so far is happy with 'Gutermann'.
11. do I quilt for quilt/sew for, not really. A little here & there.
12. The one little thing I really wish for is 'a quilt tattoo on my arm'.
13. hobbies: reading, knitting, embroidery hand
14. candy???? Butterfingers

womster

Post by womster » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:36 am

1. Screen name: Womster
2. Real name: Sharon Matthies
3. Birthdate: (you don't have to say the year :) January 2nd
4. Favorite color: blue and purple
5. Least Favorite color: My heart has room for any color
6. Favorite type: (ie; Civil War, 30's, retro's etc) batiks, Stonehenge, floral, TOT's,
7 Briefly describe your sewing space: Do you have a separate room? or a corner in another room? What colors do you have in it. My sewing hole is the third room in our shop, which is detached from the house. It's painted a bright yellow with lace curtains. My DH converted his old router table to a cutting table for me, which I love. It's a mismash of a wooden armoire, a reclaimed stereo/tv unit that my DH painted white, old bookshelves, wire racks - well, you get the picture. My embroidery machine also lives out there.
8. Complete this sentence: I can never have too many rotary cutters or flower-head pins. Or marking pencils. Or binding clips.
9 Complete this sentence: Sewing or embroidery thread or fabric.
10. My Machine prefers any thread - it really doesn't matter - it sews with anything
11. Do you quilt/sew for charity? If so which one/s. Do you need/want things that help with that project? As the need presents itself - nothing on a regular basis.
12. One little thing I really wish for: good health for all of us.
13. My hobbies are: cooking, reading cozy mysteries.
14. My favorite candy: I have to really be careful of chocolate, but I still eat those lovely Lindtz truffles. YUM
Last edited by womster on Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:43 am

Screen name - Suzette58
Real name - Suzette Jackson
Birthdate - December 3 1958
Favorite Color - love all colors
Least favorite color - none
Favorite fabrics - Moda marbles, Batiks, Tone on Tone
My sewing space - I managed to take over 2 rooms in our basement when we moved in 2 years ago. My fabric room has shelves for my fabrics. My sewing room has 2 tables for my machines and my cutting table.
Complete this sentence - I can never have too many flower pins.
Complete this sentence - I can never have enough sewing thread.
My machines prefer Aurifil thread.
Do you sew/quilt for charity - not on a regular basis
One thing I wish for - for this country to get along with each other.
My hobbies - quilting
Favorite candy - Lindt truffles, M&Ms
Suzette

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”