Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SECRET SANTA 2019 NEW HINTS

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

SECRET SANTA 2019 NEW HINTS

Post by maryq » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:56 am

Okay Gals.... Finally Here is a NEW topic for SS Hints
Copy/paste this list into your reply box and fill in the blanks

1. Screen name:
2. Real name:
3. Birthdate: (you don't have to say the year :)

4. Favorite color:
5. Least Favorite color:
6. Favorite type: (ie; Civil War, 30's, retro's etc)

7 Briefly describe your sewing space: Do you have a separate room? or a corner in another room? What colors do you have in it.

8. Complete this sentence: "I can never have too many___________________________"
9 Complete this sentence: "No such thing as too much___________________________"
10. My Machine prefers ___________________ brand of thread.

11. Do you quilt/sew for charity? If so which one/s. Do you need/want things that help with that project?

12. One little thing I really wish for______________________________________________

Please add any other information that you would like your Santa to know about you.

Also, if you think of another question you'd like added to this list, let me know and I will edit the original post.

mepeace2

Re: SECRET SANTA 2019 NEW HINTS

Post by mepeace2 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:06 am

1. Screen name: Mepeace2
2. Real name: Kathy White
3. Birthdate: (you don't have to say the year :) 2/2 /1949

4. Favorite color:I have two purple and teal
5. Least Favorite color: Gray
6. Favorite type: (ie; Civil War, 30's, retro's etc) 30's and batics

7 Briefly describe your sewing space: Do you have a separate room? or a corner in another room? What colors do you have in it. I have a sewing room with large closet . Green ,blue, wine.

8. Complete this sentence: "I can never have too many__seam rippers and quilt books and markers__and _ machine needles (Schmeltz)______________________"
9 Complete this sentence: "No such thing as too much___Fabric and thread. ________________________"
10. My Machine prefers _coats and clark
_ecru
_________________ brand of thread.

11. Do you quilt/sew for charity? If so which one/s. Do you need/want things that help with that project?
We do friendship quilts for kids I need batting and embroidery thread old fashion kind.

12. One little thing I really wish for__colored pencils to use on fabric._or a small wall hanging of a sewing machine.___________________________________________

Please add any other information that you would like your Santa to know about you.
I like red hots and chocolate. I purchase notions from Joanns and Hobby lobby. I am really into gingerbreads and hummingbirds. These on fabric are great. I also like trying out new rulers.
Any recipes you would like to include would be great. Either for food or a quilt. LOL

Also, if you think of another question you'd like added to this list, let me know and I will edit the original post.0
Last edited by mepeace2 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:52 pm

Perhaps a favorite designer or mfg (such as Riley Blake or Pat Bravo for Art Gallery)

Thanks,
MaryGo

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:35 pm

1. Screen name: rosebud3
2. Real name: Mary Daniel-Noffz
3. Birthdate: (you don't have to say the year: 9/20/55

4. Favorite color: orange, blues, teals, purple/lavender
5. Least Favorite color: ???
6. Favorite type: (ie; Civil War, 30's, retro's etc) Stonehenge, batiks, florals...These are the fabrics I gravitate to most often. However, it all depends on what pattern I am making and for whom. I would be happy with whatever you would choose.

7 Briefly describe your sewing space: Do you have a separate room? or a corner in another room? What colors do you have in it.
My sewing space is a bedroom. I have white cubicles set up around my room for fabric storage and books. I have pegboard on 3 walls to hold my rulers/templates, scissors, rotary cutters, embroidery hoops, etc.. On the 4th wall I have batting hung for a design wall. There are 3 "table" spaces, 1 small butcher block table that I use for cutting. A desk that I use for my domestic sewing machine, and the table for my sit down long arm. My cubicles have multicolored bins. Walls are white.

8. Complete this sentence: "I can never have too many_pins, bobbins, seam rippers, colored pencils, books, wonder clips".

9 Complete this sentence: "No such thing as too much fabric, thread, or graph paper."

10. My Machine prefers coats and clark brand of thread.

11. Do you quilt/sew for charity? If so which one/s. Do you need/want things that help with that project? Not at the present.

12. One little thing I really wish for is to have more project bags to help organize fabric scraps that were given to me.

Also, if you think of another question you'd like added to this list, let me know and I will edit the original post.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:15 pm

1. Screen name: Marilynsgrammy
2. Real name: Chriss
3. Birthdate: (you don't have to say the year July 3, 1963

4. Favorite color:Green, Yellow, Red, orange

5. Least Favorite color:I really do like all the colors, I don't like glitter or shiny fabric, and not a fan of pastels

6. Favorite type: (ie; Civil War, 30's, retro's etc)happy fabric, bright colors, flowers, something that makes you smile when you look at it.

7 Briefly describe your sewing space: Do you have a separate room? or a corner in another room? What colors do you have in it. My sewing room is a spare bedroom. One wall has a window under it is my sewing table, one wall has shelving and under it is my ironing table. the wall with the door has a design wall and my cutting table is under it. and the final wall is all closet, doors have been removed and shelving installed. The walls are yellow and the shelves hold many things including my Jim Shore angel collection and my procelaine thimble collection

8. Complete this sentence: "I can never have too many_seam rippers, thread, pins, safety pins marking tools, pin cushions, thimbles."

9 Complete this sentence: "No such thing as too much_fabric, thread, gadgets

10. My Machine prefers __I use connecting threads thread and Guttermens. I've never tried anything else but am willing to give it a shot. .

11. Do you quilt/sew for charity? If so which one/s. Do you need/want things that help with that project? There are some projects that our quilt group does, battered women, rest home, CASA kids etc. unwanted blocks would make great quilts for them.

12. One little thing I really wish for__a pair of quilters gloves for machine quilting

Please add any other information that you would like your Santa to know about you. My nose doesn't like strong smells. scented items don't work well for me. I have even left places where someone is using too much perfume.
Exodus 33:14

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:40 am

1. Screen name: Purrfect Lady
2. Real name: Mary Z in Gig Harbor, WA (across Puget Sound from Seattle)
3. Birthdate: (you don't have to say the year :) March 23

4. Favorite color: turquoise, green, blue
5. Least Favorite color: I like all colors
6. Favorite type: (ie; Civil War, 30's, retro's etc) batiks, Civil War, Grunge, Christmas, Stonehenge, floral, TOT's, 30's

7 Briefly describe your sewing space: Do you have a separate room? or a corner in another room? What colors do you have in it. My Happy Place is my DD#1's old bedroom, painted a cheerful yellow with white lace curtains. It's 10x10 feet square. The walls are covered with photos and mementos that make me feel happy. The window faces west and looks out on our front property which is mainly huge fir and cedar trees, rhodedendrons, huckleberry. I have floor to ceiling cabinets filled with fabric, a folding cutting table, a farm table for my machine, and a small library table that my dad used for his desk for many years and I now use as a work table and share it with Foxy's nap basket. I have a deep set of shelves that belonged to my parents that houses more fabric. I've taken the doors off the closet and have shelves in there for books, patterns, and yet more fabric. I love having things of my parents in my room.

8. Complete this sentence: "I can never have too many_Cats! Seam rippers, neutral thread__________________________"
9 Complete this sentence: "No such thing as too much_time, fabric, cats__________________________"
10. My Machine prefers ___Gutterman________________ brand of thread.

11. Do you quilt/sew for charity? If so which one/s. Do you need/want things that help with that project? I make quilts for cancer patients, our local nursing home, Mary Bridge Childrens' Hospital, a women's shelter, and for our police to carry in their cars. And I can always use orphan blocks, fabric you no longer like, UFO's you're burned out on, etc..

12. One little thing I really wish for__a new seam ripper, 5-1/2" square ruler, a small wool appliqué pattern____________________________________________

13. My hobbies are: camping, RV travel, hand embroidery, cross-stitch, reading cozy mysteries.

14. My favorite candy: I really shouldn't but if a Snickers bar came my way I wouldn't complain

UPDATED: Oct 9, 2019

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:55 am

1. Screen name: WeSignificant (WeSig for short)
2. Real name: Valerie
3. Birthdate: 10/17
4. Favorite color: Maroon's/Fall/blues
5. Least Favorite color: Orange
6. Favorite type: 1800's, delicate florals, Kim Diehl and similars,

7 Briefly describe your sewing space: A small corner of the dining room table, Dad is living in my sewing room

8. Complete this sentence: "I can never have too many rulers.
9 Complete this sentence: "No such thing as too much fabric.
10. My Machine prefers Aurifil thread
11. Do you quilt/sew for charity? If so which one/s. Do you need/want things that help with that project? I wish I could, maybe some day

12. One little thing I really wish for peace and joy in everyone's lives.
Last edited by WeSignificant on Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:19 pm

1.screen name fabricgirl
2.Real name Lois
3.Birthdate 4/8/1954
4 Favorite color dont have 1
5.Least Favorite color neon
6.Favorite type tone on tones ,Moda marbles ,stonehenge.
7.Briefly describe your sewing space.Do you have a separate room?or a corner in another room? What colors do you have in it
It's a tiny bedroom its painted yellow has 2 windows a 42 " TV on 1 wall cutting table under a window a small closet and 2 big cabinets.design wall peg board with rulers not alot of wall space.
8.complete this sentence I can never have too many pins ,friction pens.and regular pencils for tracing.
9.complete this sentence No such thing as too much fabric ect.
10. My machine prefers aurifil ,connecting thread brand
11.Do you quilt/ sew for charity? If so which ones.Do you need/ want things that help with that project?
None at the moment.
12 one little thing I really wish for some wonder under or quilt batting.
Last edited by fabricgirl on Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:42 pm

1. Screen name: MaryGoRound

2. Real name: Mary Michael - Southern, CA

3. Birthdate: (you don't have to say the year
April 5th

4. Favorite color: It is hard to pick just one. Pink, orange, yellow. A clean navy blue or grey is nice too! I’m currently gaining a fondness for grass green and chartreuse.

5. Least Favorite color: Rusts, Browns

6. Favorite type: (ie; Civil War, 30's, retro's etc)
I prefer a little bit more modern fabric such as Cotton & Steel, or Art Gallery. I ALSO have a soft spot for sweet Riley Blake and 30’s/retro fabric! I’m not much into holiday themed fabrics.

7. Briefly describe your sewing space: Do you have a separate room? or a corner in another room? What colors do you have in it.
I mostly sew out of my bedroom (although my mess doesn’t always stay there). I have a lot of windows and very little wall space. The room is painted a very light aqua with grey accents. I use an old wood farm table for my sewing machine. Antique looking boxes, wire baskets, and natural wood elements are fun accents.

8. Complete this sentence: "I can never have too many seam rippers, neutral thread, or starch”

9. Complete this sentence: "No such thing as too much fabric or rotary blades“

10. My Machine prefers Gutermann’s brand of thread. I’m open to other suggestions. My machine is a Juki.

Yes. I don’t need anything at the moment. Our quilt guild provides most of what we use.

12. One little thing I really wish for is:
A stiletto or ??

I have three dogs (including my daughters) in addition to that I’m fostering a very sweet chubby Chihuahua from a local rescue group.
I’m going to include a delicious pumpkin cookie recipe. I hope that you enjoy it!
Last edited by MaryGoRound on Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:07 pm

Old-Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened
1 1/2 cups Libby’s 100% pure Pumpkin (canned)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheets.
Combine: flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt in a medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in a large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets.

Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”