Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, August 20

Daily discussions.
gershwin64

Re: Tuesday, August 20

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:16 am

Good morning!
Suzette, I've been resizing my pics thru Flickr to the small size and then I saved them back to my phone and posted them. It's in this box that you type in, below it it has Options and Attachment, click attachment and then Browse and go to your Flickr folder or however you make yours smaller and attach it and then submit. I'm sure that's as clear as mud 😊
Becca, so happy to hear the blood clot is resolving. Prayers continue.
Maryz, don't back down, I know it's hard but you might not get the opportunity where someone is listening to you again about Vicki.
Just me and Preston like every day here. We do what we can ☺ Yesterday we only got to 98* which in the morning we were overcast and it was a nicer morning. I'm not sure if I'll get any sewing done today or not. I need to print my Gnomes out so I have them ready for the day I feel like doing them.
You all have a great day!
Tina

womster

Post by womster » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:14 am

Good morning!

Suzette – I’m so excited for you! How wonderful to get to hug your son’s neck. There’s a tutorial under the pictures section that tells you how to post pics. Seems easier than before.

Judi – wow I can’t believe Liam has his own landscaping business! He really is an industrious young man. I like it that you call it your woolie table runner. Makes me think of that song ‘woolie woolie.

Flo – glad it all went well.

Becca – praise God that the clot is dissolving! That is wonderful news. Happy haircut day to your DH.

Lois – have a lovely visit with Olivia and happy haircutting to you as well.

Valerie – that’s too bad about your sister. It’s surprising to me that someone has no kitchen skills, but then again there’s a lot that surprises me. Sure makes a lot more work for you. Good luck breaking in the new weekend supervisor. Prayers for your Fairfield patient – God bless all of you for what you do.

Cindyg – enjoy your last segment of DA. Since my DH doesn’t mind leftovers, I cook three meals a week and then we have leftovers for the remainder. Yay! Enjoy your lunch out.

Jana – enjoy your day.

Maryz – I’m SO glad you finally got someone who is willing to help Vicky. As we know, there is no happy ending with Huntington’s. I think you are actually doing her a huge kindness - no one should live the way she is. If they take her in, she’ll at least be taken care of in a more humane way than she’s living now. You are such a good and loving person – and it hurts my heart for her as well. Good luck at your physical.

Tina – oh my that heat is awful. Denver is going to be cooler, but only by a few degrees: 95 instead of 97. Thankfully we’re about 7 degrees cooler out here, but still. When I first read your bit about the gnomes, my brain read it as you were putting them in time out. Ha! Have fun with Preston.

Thanks for the kind words about the quilt and my grandson. He’s also the Eagle Scout – we’re quite proud of him. He’s going to study Engineering. Today I shall go to the sewing hole and tidy it up before finding something new to mess it up with. I’m looking or a Spiderman panel with which to make a quick quilt and the only place I can find one is ebay. Who knew it was so popular again. DH is headed to lunch with his bro so I’ll have some time alone. WOOHOO!! My second sister down closed on her house in CA and is on her way to Phoenix. My baby sister (fourth down) is staying in Monterey and is now working at UCCE . I talked with her last night and she sounds settled and happy, which is a first for her. Have a wonderful and blessed day! xoxo Sharona

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:47 am

Sharona look on Amazon I just saw a bunch on there.

Lois

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:33 am

Good morning.

The boys have been walked. Now time to vacuum and get some laundry done. Only a couple loads.

Maryz, that's a big decision to make about Vicki. Too bad her kids don't have a better handle on the situation. Maybe they just don't have time. That disease sounds hideous.

Judi, It's almost time for vacation!

Suzette, lucky you to have a visit from your son.

Flo, do you have your implants now?

Becca, good new on the twins. Hope they keep improving.

Lois, I love spending time at the beach.

Valerie, I guess there are good things and bad things about care takers. Can she at least make a sandwich once in a while? Is it part of the job description to be able to prepare food for someone?

Cindy, crock pot meals are wonderful.

Jana, It's so odd for the school year to start in August. We didn't go back until after Labor day. I guess there are pros and cons to everything.

Tina, stay somewhere cool. Our summer has been very mild. Just a few days over 90. Should be close to that today and tomorrow.

Chriss, I'll be using purple fabrics as my base color and pick some others to go with it. I have a tone on tone cream for the circle backgrounds.

Well I best get busy so I can sew later on. I finally got my thread for my Bears Paw, so now I can quilt it .
Will definitely have to have the a/c on to do that.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:47 am

Lois, this is the Gnome quilt that was at the OC Fair. Not sure if it's holiday Gnomes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:00 am

Well it finally happened. First, so far, Aaron is fine. Second, there was a big fire on the side of I-80 a few minutes ago. The troopers called Aaron and his rig to do a traffic slow down, as visablity up the road was quite impaired. Well, a semi truck came blowing through the slow down manuver and hit Aaron's truck doing about 80 mph, throwing Aaron's truck into 5 other cars. Aaron is being taken to the hospital, but the only thing he is complaining about is a headache. No broken bones or cuts anywhere. What a blessing it is that his work truck is huge and weighs a lot. It took and absorbed the force of the impact. A extra prayer would be appreciated, especially a thank you for watching over our Aaron.

Another blessing was Kate was not on duty, as it could have been her station responding to that call. Sarah is getting the girls. It is Gracie's first day of preschool. Sarah is making and taking dinner over to Kate and Aaron tonight.

Thanks so much for letting me vent, you are my sanity!

Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:43 am

Jana, my goodness, how scary for Aaron. Hope he is okay. That's a big impact. I know you must be quite stressed about this right now. Hugs. Keep us posted.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:02 pm

Just got off the phone from talking with Aaron. He has been checked out and is fine. A very minor concussion, if he has even one. The doctor said what probably saved him from more injuries was his bullet proof vest he wears. It took the impact of his computer that is mounted securely in his truck, that broke loose and hit Aaron in the chest first and then grazed his head. That boy does have a hard head! Aaron is at his office, to transfer his personal stuff from the work truck to another work truck to bring home with him. He is cleared even to go to work in the morning, if he feels fine.

Everyday as I pray, I ask for protection and safety for all my kids, this is just another answer to prayer. I know that prayer works and when we ask, we are heard. Having seen the many times my kids are put in harm's way, I would be unable to handle the situations without the knowledge of the power of prayer.

Thanks so much,
Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:04 pm

Lori thanks for the picture that is so cute.

Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:45 pm

I posted here early today. Was proud of me getting in here early to see what's up. My post is not here??? I truly did press submit, but something weird happened. I don't know much, but feel disappointed that my post got lost.
So much to reply to now. Afraid I would leave many out if I try to reply .
Prayers for you all. Many troubles and complications. So I will send out hugs to you all.
Looking forward to Secret Santa. I have to get started.
Making church quilts once again. Working on #3. I decided to use the same size blocks and lay out for each one. Easier for me that way.
Well we will try posting this and see what happens.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”