Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday August 13

Daily discussions.
gershwin64

Re: Tuesday August 13

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:28 am

Good morning!
Becca, prayers the babies get through these troubles.
Mary Z, prayers for you DSIL and Bill's uncle.
Flo, I hope your ankle is ok.
Cindy, I have a front loader HE and I wash my 108" sq Christmas quilt in it that has a flannel back and it all gets wet and clean.
Lyn, I'll take Maryz's invite, walleye is my favorite!!
I know I'm missing a bunch, I'm on my phone and trying to rely on my brain, doesn't work very well.
Today is the 1st day of the regular school year here so it's just me and Preston. He's going to the Dr this evening, his mouth hurts him so bad that he can't eat or drink. I think there's a weird virus going around, Easton had it for a couple of days too.
I'm trying to get a couple small loads of laundry done before they turn into big loads, just trying to take it easy. This Bell's palsy is so exhausting, I'll be glad to be done with it!
I guess today we're going to have another 100* day.
I hope you all have a great day!
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:52 am

Good morning!

Finally made it in here - QIAD's server was hit by a denial of service for a time, but it seems to be fixed now and I got here to read.

My friend got her quilt all quilted. She was so happy to have it done after starting it ten years ago. One morning here and poof, finished! I think she will do another quilt now, since my LA is so close to her. I teased her that the reason it took so long, was for me to move here and have my LA. It was so nice to help.

Ethan is working on his quilt too. We are at the point of adding the panel in the top part of the quilt. He has all the rest of the strips sewn and ready to go as well.

Becca - continued prayers for those special babies.

I will be layering and quilting two of my monthly wall hangings today. I also cleaned the Batt Cave up, traced November's wall hanging's parts onto fusible and now need to pull a few scraps to assemble that one. Hopefully I will have the rest of those done - 7 more!

Do something fun! Share your love of quilting!

Hugs,
Jana

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi all! Long time no see!! I hope all is ok and everyone is well!!I haven't been around for what feels like forever! It's great to see a lot of familiar names :D
To be honest, no sewing has taken place for approx 3 years, mainly due to my working life changing dramatically and late finishes not being until 11pm.
Dog walking took place earlier in the day which then lead on to hill walking on my days off.
No quilts were finished, a lot of attempts but a lot had to be abandoned due to my machine playing up hugely dampening my enthusiasim massively :(
My wondeful man Stephen has just bought me a new machine which I am thrilled about! So, I can't wait to start playing again and get some of these hundreds of blocks put together!!!
Stephen is so wonderful that I'm marrying him this Thursday!!! We're heading down to the Scottish borders to the famous 'Gretna Green' which is steeped in history. Wonderful! We can't wait!!
I'm also a Nana to 4 Grandchildren now, my elsdest daughter Heather had a little boy in April; 'River', and he's absolutely adorable! I'm thrilled!!
My other great news is that I will get some of my evenings back due to me starting College in 2 weeks time! I'm starting a 'Medical Administration' course which I'm most excited about!
So this year has been a huge change in many ways. I hope to be popping in a bit more now I will be getting some of my life back!!!
Much love to to all!! Jacquie xxx
Last edited by shelly322002 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:27 pm

OMG!! So glad to see you, Jacquie. Wow. lots of changes in your life. Wonderful things, happy times. You really do deserve this. Hope you will be joining us here often.
I got my laundry done this morning, and on the way there, we passed by our church and I gathered up a bunch of fabric. Since I was on my way to do laundry, might just as well wash all the fabric I gathered. So now I am ready to start being creative again and put together more quilt tops. 84 x 64 Our quilt group resumes in early September.
Our granddaughter's visit got post poned until next spring. Actually I am kinda glad. This way I can get back to my sewing quicker.
It is good to read all your posts. Need to be more consistent and be here every day so I don't get so far behind. LOL
Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:43 pm

QuiltGram8 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:27 pm
OMG!! So glad to see you, Jacquie. Wow. lots of changes in your life. Wonderful things, happy times. You really do deserve this. Hope you will be joining us here often.
I got my laundry done this morning, and on the way there, we passed by our church and I gathered up a bunch of fabric. Since I was on my way to do laundry, might just as well wash all the fabric I gathered. So now I am ready to start being creative again and put together more quilt tops. 84 x 64 Our quilt group resumes in early September.
Our granddaughter's visit got post poned until next spring. Actually I am kinda glad. This way I can get back to my sewing quicker.
It is good to read all your posts. Need to be more consistent and be here every day so I don't get so far behind. LOL
Velda
Thanks Velda!! That's so nice of you! Have a wonderful day!! xxx

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:27 pm

So good to see you posting Jacquie. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Glad you will be joining us again.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”