Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

My two quilts :)

The perfect place to share photos of your quilts, family, friends and unfinished projects.
billizzy

My two quilts :)

Post by billizzy » Tue May 21, 2019 4:36 am

Well finally finished something.

Like all marriages this quilt too is not perfect but I am happy with how it turned out overall with all my gimpy and half wit arms. Yeah I did the LA quilting too. Had to take many breaks but got it done in one day :) just a panto :)

The other quilt is all fused bocks, sashing and borders. I too quilted it on LA and had fun just doing what ever popped in my head. This was a 14 day challenge and I enjoyed just quilting with no real plan. I pulled fabric from a FQ bundle I had won from QIAD a long time ago :) All the fabrics were from my stash and I just ran with it :)

Thanks for looking. I named my one quilt "Healing Stars" because it was truly a healing process through my accident. I still have days that something will tear me up from a thought of the accident. I still cannot stand the sound of the 4 wheeler racing up. But I am healing and daily see the improvements. Still only have about 40% use of left arm right now. Its a challenge but I will overcome. I still cannot thank all of you for the cards and love you have given me :)

Izzy

🐐izzy

auntjana

Re: My two quilts :)

Post by auntjana » Tue May 21, 2019 5:16 am

Gimpy and Half wit did a wonderful job on them both. I really like the red, black and white one, a different look of a double wedding ring!

You got tnis girl!

Hugs,
Jana

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:37 am

Izzy, both of your quilts are beautiful. Love them both. You did great jobs! Glad to see you back to sewing!

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Tue May 21, 2019 5:53 am

Izzy, You are amazing girlfriend. Honestly even with Gimpy and Half Wit you are totally awesome. I know the people that get these will be so grateful that you went above and beyond to make them this gift.

Joan

FavoriteGrandma

Post by FavoriteGrandma » Tue May 21, 2019 8:05 am

Wonderful to see you back at it Izzy. Good job on both of these.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue May 21, 2019 2:49 pm

great quilts Izzy, I love thejm both
Psalm 91

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue May 21, 2019 4:29 pm

Very nice Izzy especially with "a gimpy arm". The first one looks aniquey. Is that a word?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue May 21, 2019 11:31 pm

IZZY you did an amazing Job as usual I just Love them both.

Lois.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 22, 2019 3:27 am

IZZY - it amazes me that you were able to do these quilts at all, let alone do such a beautiful job. Your healing stars is reminiscent of the X-rays of your ribs that you shared with us. But the love you are feeling from so many quarters - represented by the hearts - is helping you overcome! I'm not surprised you have a touch of PTSD after your accident. It's not just for soldiers, you know. God bless!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed May 22, 2019 3:40 am

You and gimpy did a wonderful job!!!!

Return to “Quilting Photos”