Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

May Lotto.... Bring on the Flowers

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

May Lotto.... Bring on the Flowers

Post by maryq » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:49 am

Ok all you Lotto Lovers

Here's the official Topic for May

Remember those April Showers.... well now it's time for the flowers of May! This will be another "quilter's choice" Blocks can be any pattern that highlights FLOWERS! Pieced or applique!

If you made some April Rain blocks, or would like to make some now... feel Free. The more blocks you make the better your chances of winning! Hopefully we'll have enough blocks for the winner to make a quilt that we can call "SPRING SEASON"

Here's some sample I've made...

[/img]

So dig through your stash, find some pretty flowers and see what you can come up with.

As always, it's one ticket per block! You have until the end of May! And don't forget to send a couple bucks for return postage.

Holler if you have questions!

Received:
Katy ---- 2 blocks for April
---- 2 blocks for May

Kathy ----- 12 Blocks for May!!!
Teresa ------ 3 Block for May
1 Block for April

Valerie----- 1 block for April
-------------2 blocks for May

Marygo-------8 Blocks for May!

Linda---- 4 Blocks for April
3 blocks for May

WeSignificant

Re: May Lotto.... Bring on the Flowers

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:52 am

I will try hard to do something
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:48 am

Mary, this sounds so pretty, but I just can't do it right now. sorry. With company here for 3 weeks and getting ready for a long trip to Alaska and having other deadline sewing to finish before we leave, my time is in short supply. But love your sample blocks!

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:46 am

Very pretty samples. I especially like the one on the bottom left with the dark brown basket :)

I’m assuming these will also be the 12 1/2 inch blocks? Do you have a preference as to the background fabric?

Thanks much,
MaryGo

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:52 am

Oh, one more question. Since April and May are combined are we sending in April AND May? Or, a choice of months? Just trying to be sure want I’m making a commitment to.

Thank!
MaryGo

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:59 am

Im in I need something to do. I will play with my accuquilt cutter and get some blocks made. I need spring beauties to cheer me up :) Off to sewing room today first to finish wedding quilt then to see what I want to make :) HUMM may throw in a goat or two just for fun :)

Hugs
Izzy

Mary PM me your address please :)
🐐izzy

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:51 am

Hi MaryGo - This is what was posted by Mary in the April Lotto. Hope it clears up your question. “Looks like everybody is super busy with other projects this month, so I have an idea to de-stress every one from making blocks this month. Let's COMBINE April and May---since it's "April Shower Bring May Flowers" If you've made some April Blocks, hang on to them and send when you make May! I'll post May under a separate topic. I figure this way... winners will get a nice assortment for April & May---the showers and the flowers”

Thank you Mary. Great idea. I am hoping to make some blocks for April and May.
Finally able to get in my sewing room to finish up my Tea Party Block. All I need to do is stitch them down. Hoping to make some Flower Blocks as well. Mine will probably be pieced. Maybe some Jacobs ladder blocks
Blessings!!!

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:46 am

Yes Mary I will be in for flowers also . I think I have a basket already made LOL Will add flowers I decided to do this lotto instead of guild lotto.
Katy

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:13 am

I have 2 for both months

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:54 am

sending 4 blocks your way

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”