Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tea Party Swap ! TIME TO PARTY!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
purrfect-lady

Tea Party Swap ! TIME TO PARTY!!

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:09 am

We are hosting a Tea Party and you are all invited! Think spring, Easter, Mother's Day, Bridal Showers, Summer galas, or even Alice in Wonderland!

Sign-ups are open until March 20th. Deadline to have them to me is May 20th, so please mail in time. We only have seating for 20 'guests' so early sign-ups are encouraged.

Blocks can be anything you would expect to find at a tea party. Tea pots, cups, saucers, cream/sugar, table settings, pies, cupcakes, big cake, birthday cake, chocolate cake, petit fours, flowers, gloves, hats, teddy bears, butterflies, buzzing bees, ladybugs, (no spiders allowed at our party!). Smiling faces, sunshine, music, and more! The choice is yours. Embellishments such as lace, rick-rack, ribbons, felt, etc, are encouraged as long as you can sew over them. If you must use buttons or pearls or beads, please slip them into a small ziplock and pin it to your block. By the way, there can be more than one teapot at a tea party. Ditto cups, etc. But you might consider comparing patterns/fabrics so they look different.

Blocks must be at least 12-1/2". 12-1/4" will NOT do. Please do NOT square them up. Please label them in some way. I like to write my name in a seam allowance on the back but you can do what you like.

Backgrounds can be solid white or cream, TOT, or they can even have a tiny, print such as pinpoint dots or flowers. This is a good opportunity to show off your creative side and your fun fabrics! Blocks can be applique, pieced, or paper-pieced.

Please mail in a Priority envelope and save your receipt. Postage now is $8.00. Please include your return postage with your blocks. I will return your blocks in padded Priority envelopes.

Any questions please PM me! I'm here every day! Let's Partaay!!

1. Tina R - pouring teapot -REC’D *
2. Mary z - lacy gloves - REC’D *
3. Chriss - shoes - REC’D *
4. Mary Q - hat - REC’D *
5. Vinae - cake on pedestal - REC’D *
6. Carole - party dress -REC’D *
7. Marygo - stacking tea cups - REC’D *
8. Teresa - teabags and cupcake - REC'D *
9. Mary Rose - table, chair, and umbrella - REC'D *
10. Carolyn - pie (but NOT banana cream!) -REC’D *
11. Lori - Tea party banner - REC'D *
12. Mary Q -apron - REC’D *
13. Beverly - music - REC'D *
14. Linda - fan - REC’D *

P.S. forgot to mention - please check in here at least ONCE A WEEK with a progress report. And if anyone needs my e-mail, PM me for that. Thanks!

PM me if you need my address. And if you think you already have it, please check that it's my new mailing address. And please make sure that your blocks are mailed back to me so I RECEIVE THEM BY MAY 20TH. It takes a bit of time to sort them out, repackage, address, and mail them back to you and we are leaving for Alaska June 1. So much to do that last week before leaving. Thanks! mz

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Tea Party Swap ! TIME TO PARTY!!

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:24 am

looks like fun Maryz, I'm in.
Exodus 33:14

javin22

Post by javin22 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:29 am

Sign me up.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:35 am

Oh I think this will be so fun! I googled tea party quilts and found so so so many ideas! I'll post some pics in a little bit of some ideas I found but there are so many more! They have some awesome things out there!
Tina

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:40 am

Looks Like I am IN!

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:05 pm

MaryZ, I'm on the fence for now. I need to check to see what I have that will play nicely at this party. I will let you know as soon as I figure it out.

Mary/Rosebud

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:20 pm

Ok, Mary, we will save a seat at the table for you just in case you can make the party

javin22

Post by javin22 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:24 pm

I will do a cake on a pedistal.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:00 pm

I believe I'm doing a pouring tea pot...
Tina

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:10 am

I am on the fence too, not sure I can meet the time line. Looking to see if I can find an easier block that will go quickly.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”