Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Ready... Set.... Go... SS Opening Day!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

Re: Ready... Set.... Go... SS Opening Day!

Post by maryq » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:48 am

Now it's my turn!

Rhondalee was my Santa (which I knew of course) and talk about spoiled. She made me the coolest portfolio thing... instead of a tote and it's Perfect! Has all sorts of pockets, one for a little ironing matt (included), several for spools of embroidery floss , mini cutting boards. Also included was several zippers for tote making (those will be put to very good use!) Some bias tape, lace trim, a darling pattern for little drawstring pouches.. Well you can just see from the picture all the cool stuff! Check out the antique buttons... Can you believe we were ever able to by 5 buttons on a card for 10 cents!

Anyway.... Thank you so much Rhonda! Hope to see you around more in the coming year!

[/img]

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:54 am

I just saw this today. I am waiting for my grandson to wake up so he can help me!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:15 am

I forgot something I got from Maryz - a travel Kleenex thingy that she made.

Oh, and a really blinged-out little note pad book.

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:30 am

I love my Secret Santa gifts. The note I got said that Helen was my original Secret Santa but with the fire that was not possible which I totally understand. Hope you get all settled soon Helen. This box was put together by Jana and I want to thank her so very much. Mary said she put a couple of things in also so thank you Mary.

If I could ever figure out how to post pictures here I would show you a picture of all the goodies. I will just list them. Included in my box was a beautiful large tote, a quilting pillow kit, a leaf quilt pattern, Christmas plates and napkins, hand cream collection, Red and Blue popcorn collection which will come in handy watching football, some neat Quilt In A Day socks, memo pad, pins, thimble, veggie picture kitchen towels, and some beautiful embroidered doilies to use under things.

Someone must think that I have been very good so thank you so much Jana and Mary.

Sherry

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:38 am

Good morning :o)
I'm running late in posting but I did open yesterday :o) MaryRose text me and let me know we could open early so as soon as the kids got here (they LOVE to "Help") we called MaryRose up and we all opened together! It was so fun opening that way!
My Santa is Lois (Fabricgirl) and did she ever spoil me! She sent me a beautiful card, pins, a magnetic pin bowl, a little cutting mat, a Redwork Blizzard Buddies pattern book, a quilt pattern called: I Saw Fairies in My Garden! So perfect for me! Lindt Lindor chocolate truffles, I've never had them but have always wanted to try them....they look soooooooooo yummy! Swiss Miss Candy Cane Hot Chocolate mix and Teddy Grahams! The kids were super duper excited about these hehe. She made me a sewing machine cover with fabric from the Row by Row fabric, it's totally gorgeous! She made me a big tote that is awesomesauce! And a basket with a Santa on it! It's crazy cute! Lois I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it ALL! Thank you so much! You are an amazingly awesome Santa and made me feel so special! Thank you from the bottom of my heart and I hope you can feel the cyber hug I'm sending to you. Thank you!
Tina

SS 2018 Lois Fabricgirl by t_remondini, on Flickr

1203181014 by t_remondini, on Flickr

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:00 am

OK am I ever slow. First off I forgot about opening today. Then to find out we could have opened yesterday. My SS this year was Teresa and did she ever spoil me. I got spools and spools of my favorite threads, all wrapped in material. Who doesn't love material? A package of steam a seam, assorted bias binding making tools, a tape measure, a finger protector, thread cutter, and some chocolate bark. She also included a beautiful Christmas card. Thank You Teresa and Merry Christmas to you too, and to all our Christmas Cotton Pals.

Joan
P.S. i forgot to mention the cute Christmas Table Runner. See it in the picture. Sorry I didn't mean to forget that.

womster

Post by womster » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:51 am

Oh my GOODNESS! My Secret Santa was Mary/Rosebud, and I cannot believe how many things she got into that box! It was amazing. Mary, I really like how you wrapped the books - very clever! She used fabric and pins. I got a beautiful Christian planner for next year which I have already started writing in. And a beautiful tote made out of a gorgeous color combo of grays, turquoise and purples - it is stunning. And so many beautiful fabrics. I cannot wait to look at my Bears in the Woods QIAD book. Plus she sent a package of foam stabilizer. Mary, how did you know I've had that sitting in my Amazon cart for over a month now?! I can't wait to use it. Plus I got a stash of Kit Kat bars, so I am ready to go lock myself in the sewing hole. Thanks again, Mary/Rose for blessing me so richly this Christmas. Now I'm going to go and try to upload some photos. BRB

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:41 am

Here are MaryRose (Rosebud's) pics that she received :o)

MaryRoses SS 2018 by t_remondini, on Flickr

MaryRoses SS 2018 by t_remondini, on Flickr

2018-12-03_01-33-33 by t_remondini, on Flickr

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:08 am

Quiltmom was my Secret Santa! She and Smoke her dog certainly spoiled me and my furbabies!

I received
a bag of milky ways
a beautiful stocking with a cross stitch angel on the cuff
3 dvds of quilt patters
Tea Party QIAD pattern
A Maxine calendar (I love her)
A scarecrow panel that my grandson claimed as his
A fabric glue pen
2 marking pencils
A book Keeping Quilting by Alex Anderson
4 Quilt Sampler magazines
Country Crossroad pattern by Nancy Rink
Three bags of dog treats for Cleo, Sophie and Bear
Darning Egg

Thank you so very much for everything! I love every bit of it! And Cleo, Sophie and Bear say woof woof to Smoke!

RhondaLee53

Post by RhondaLee53 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi everyone. I'm having difficulty downloading my beautiful gifts, hopefully I can figure it out so I can show everyone.
My SS is Yvette Alba, thank you so very much for the beautiful gifts. I received from Yvette a beautifully made bag with pockets inside and outside. Perfect for carrying small project notions and stuff. Also a quilted roll up with ribbon tie which had some beautiful metallic threads, a silver, a gold, and a variegated. There was also a nice pair of snippers, a little note pad with Christmas theme, a Christmas theme jelly roll fabric, a beautiful yard of rose theme fabric and a polka dot fat quarter bundle. There were 2 bags of my fave candy, (already gone) was yummy, milky way and York peppermint patties. And also some nice quilt patterns i cant wait to start making and some glue pens. Such beautiful gifts and i am so very grateful for each one of them. Thank you so very much yvette for being so generous and putting a big smile on my face. I will put each gift to great use. I hope everyone has enjoyed this as much as I have. I wish you all a very Happy Christmas with many smiles and blessings and lots of love. Thank you again

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”