Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Ready... Set.... Go... SS Opening Day!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Ready... Set.... Go... SS Opening Day!

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:16 pm

X
Exodus 33:14

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:52 pm

[/url][/img] Image
[/url][/img] Image
[/img] Image
[/img]

I had to show Jerry your posts so he would give me the package my SS sent

First of all Leah was my SS but when she passed away Lyn stepped in and took over. Lyn didn't want me to be left out. Don't you just Love Lyn? she has a big heart.

Well, my box weighed a ton. I received 5 tote bags. One from Gammil, it included an ink pen, one from Handi quilter, one from Baby Lock, one from Safeway which was cool because it had a map of Colorado on it, very cool. and the hand made tote bag with a draw string, very cool, I love it. so nice and easy to just toss things in and close that draw string and off I go.

Three porcelain thimbles, one from Colorado, One with a cute farm scene on it and the third from the Houston quilt show. They are all three on my thimble shelf. I just love them.

a yard of gorgeous fall fabric from Canada, It says Canada on the selvege and in the back ground of the fabric. A travel sized cutting mat. a crocheted hot pad, did you make that Lyn? it's really cool.

A cute little pin cushion in a mini jello mold and a jelly jar pin cushion, you open the jar and the inside of the lid is the pin cushion, so cute, an adorable panel to make a snowman stocking, I love it.

A magnet that says "Quilting Hottie" guess that mystery has been solved. LOL

Some butterfly pins and side threading needles. A FQ with butterflies, I love them and I love the green background. Life savers and butterscotch.

An itty bitty churn dash pattern. A mini hex n more ruler, I'm looking forward to playing with it.

a needle threader, a very cool seam ripper. A double eyed needle, a pattern called Angel Kisses, nice and scrappy, just the way I like it.

An adorable hexi pattern with very small hexi's. It's going to be a challenge but I will take it on.

Lyn, thank you so much for sending so many wonderful treasures, I love everything in my box. And thank you so much for filling in. I was willing to sit out but am glad I didn't have to .

God bless you and your family, I pray you make lots of wonderful Christmas memories.

Much love,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:19 pm

I read MaryQ's post this morning and was surprised we could open today. I text Velda and we met at the laundry room, which is close to both of us and has a table, for an opening ceremony.

It was so much fun and we had our Quilt friend, Margaret, there to watch. She knows all about our SS and was excited as we were to see our gifts.

Yes, I stepped in for Lea. Gee, I miss her posts, as I'm sure all of you do, too. Chriss was to have Lea and Lea, Chriss. MaryQ, that was wise on your part!!

I have been blest to fill in. Chriss has been so supportive about my new grandson, Maddox, adoption. Thank You All again for your prayers. This Elf is so special to my heart❣️ I can't decide if I will send him on or hold him close for now.

I'm overwhelmed, with beautiful batik fabrics. A thread catcher and nifty pincushion, which friend Margaret was eyeing to snatch. Some 1" hexis and fabric. Two Quilt for Kids magazines, that will be getting a lot of use! A Bear Quilt pattern and a Hawaiian pattern kit that has turtles. Did I tell anyone that I collect Turtles?! Blocks from the Blue 9 patch swap, which I would have liked to do, but was too busy. Cute note pads and a Jennifer Chiaverini novel. I like her books, and don't have this one. I'm excited to hurry and finish a book on my Kindle, which I was reading on the plane, so I can start this one. And, a beading loom, which had more hidden Goodies in the box. I opened the box and found beads, Fuzzy gripper socks, Quilting needles, and Grandma's hand lotion. Chriss, you have overwhelmed this Elf. Thank You ❣️
Lyn

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Photo didn't work.

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:24 pm

I made the butterfly jar pin cushion.

This butterfly fabric is in my sewing room at the house.
When opened and cushion taken out and turned over, it should look like this. I hope it will be handy when you start to travel, and sew while looking for that new place to retire.
Lyn

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:16 pm

My SS was Katy omg when I opened the box I found a motion activated ornament ,a pair of Christmas sox ,a door pannel,a nice container with cinnamon in it,several beautiful pieces of fabric,a beautiful tote bag,a hand made case with some notions in it and machine needles,friction pen several spools of thread a spool of arifil thread a purple thang a little spice jar for my cinnamon and a big Lindt chocolate bar.

Also a pin tray with pins.
Thank you so much Katy for everything.
Lois
I will post a picture later when I get home.

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:08 am

I didn’t get online yesterday to see that we could open our presents. My Secret Santa was Joan also known as Towkeytow. She made me a wonderful tote bag which will be perfect for my quilt guild meeting stuff, a Pez candy Elf, Christmas tissues, a jar of buttons, Carmex chapstick, a tape measure, a seam guide for my sewing machine, several patterns, one of those mini screwdrivers, some hand sewing needles, a bodkin, a wonderful magnetic pin cushion, a bundle of purple fabrics, a big flower panel and a frame for dog pictures. I want to thanks you very much. I love everything!

Suzette
Suzette

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:39 am

Fair is fair: Here is Lyn with her "loot". :) We are so lucky to be able to share the fun and excitement together and also with our quilting friend, Margaret.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:30 am

My Secret Santa was Maryz so y'all can imagine what a great bunch of goodies I got!!! Thanks, Maryz, for the big tote made with batiks (my favorite fabric), the Mounds that I brought to the office for lunch, the hand-made goodies like the needle nanny, the scissors caddy, the mug rug and the book to go with and another hand made thing that I don't know what it is so fill me in, please. I got a purple thang and a needle threader and some quilt labels and a little stick on pin cushion, and a seam ripper (complete unnecessary - LOL LOL). I know I'm forgetting something. I opened my box at 10:30 last night so I've slept since then. Anyway, thank you so much for all the goodies. Oh, and thanks for the Christmas kitchen towel. You sure gave me a Merry Christmas!!!
(((hugs)))
Cindyg

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:14 am

Good Happy Morning!!!!

Sorry I missed the early...that means this year we all mailed in time.

"""Suzette""" was my Santa & what a great job she did! I wish I could post pic's. Thank you so much for all the wonderful things. Where to start..The tote bag is very beautiful! It has a Farmer's Market & Strawberry w/ pockets all around. I'll take it to knitting this week.
I know they will crazy about it, they loved my other 'friend made' totes
There was also a 'big' mug(I love big mugs)from Connecting Threads covered in Christmas words plus a container of peppermint cocoa mix I'll have some later
There's 3 sets of 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" bright tropical fabric. Sewing these together will be fun...my mind is spinning.
There is also a package of FQs of beautiful fabric. Just in my wheelhouse. They are a perfect blend.
And even more fabric...Christmas...3 FQs. Poinsettias accented in gold/silver.
And to help me along with my new fabric there a 2 patterns. One calls for 5" sq's I wonder if I can substitute my new 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" for a smaller quilt or Summer table topper.

Suzanne you did a wonderful job! So much to play with.

Thank you!!!! Kathy

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”