Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

2019 Lotto Survey

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
MaryGoRound

Re: 2019 Lotto Survey

Post by MaryGoRound » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:39 pm

Maryq:

Thank you for hosting. With regards to your survey...
Lotto-yes
Every month or every other month. I know that I’m trying to catch up on some projects this quarter.
I would like a combination of easy and more difficult.

Ideas.. I have a few when you are ready. A hand embroidered block might be fun (a certain theme). Coloring pages from the internet are a great source. I would like to see holiday fabric not included (unless it is a holiday project). Just my opinion. Also, a one or two word inspiration theme might be fun. Maybe Hollywood Glamour, Sunset, Prairie, to list a few. I could see Hollywood Glam as an appliqué block. This last idea may lend itself to a swap rather than a lotto now that I think about it. Oh my, endless possibilities.

Thanks,
MaryGo

prila13

Post by prila13 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:38 am

I believe every other month or every quarter would work best. That way it gives us time to work on other projects as well. I don't have any EB patterns so I prefer something I can access online without purchase or a low dollar amount. As for patterns, anything without circles as I havent mastered those yet Haha

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:16 am

Prila welcome. Lotto is for trying new things, mastering old skills and just having fun. You can make as many or as few blocks as you want. Of course the more you make the better chance you have of winning. I usually make 4 just for the fun of it. I have never had to purchase a pattern for Lotto. El's site here has many free patterns. You do not have to participate every month but when you can. It is fun, especially when you win!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”