Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

This will be my Last Year as Hostess of the Lotto

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

This will be my Last Year as Hostess of the Lotto

Post by TeresaK » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:03 am

If you had asked me 6 years ago to name some of the things I would be doing I would never have guessed it would be YOUR Lotto Hostess. My Heart has been filled with and has seen PURE JOY, GRATITUDE, EXCITEMENT, THOUGHTFULNESS, BLESSINGS, CONSIDERATION, CARING, GENEROUSITY, GIFT-GIVERS. Yes even MOTIVATIONa and INSPIRATION.

The Blocks you have sent have been FABulous, NEAR PERFECTION, TOUCHING, BEAUTIFUL, UNIQUE, APPRECIATED, AWESOME, SWEET and NEEDED.

You ALL have indeed been a BLESSING to me. TOUCHED beyond WORDS. Seeing your thoughtfulness as you care for others and for me has been a gift I will ALWAYS TREASURE.

BUT It is time for me to pass the JOY onto others. Mary has been a wonderful every other Month Hostess and if she desires to stay on I know you will all BLESS her as much as you have me. I have LOVED all your suggestions and I know she will appreciate it as much as I have.

I will still be here as I LOVE the LOTTO, just not as your hostess. You are ALL the BEST!!! and I still hope to meet many of you in my future. Still hoping to get to Houston!!!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL for being an ANGEL to me!!!! My Heart will ALWAYS SMILE as I remember the past and hope for the future :) :) :)

Ittybittygma

Re: This will be my Last Year as Hostess of the Lotto

Post by Ittybittygma » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:58 pm

Hi Teresa, Thank you for all you have done for the Lotto all these yrs. Six yrs is a long time to organize it every month, get it all gathered up and resorted to send it back out.

I know you have had a lot of medical problems recently that have slowed you down some. We all face that as we get older. You are in my prayers for healing of all that ails you. Hope now you will slow down a little, do things you really enjoy instead of overdoing so many things, and wearing yourself out doing it.

Take care dear friend. You have done a great job thru the yrs. Time now to relax, take time for yourself and hubby to do things together, and just enjoy life.

God bless dear friend. Sending hugs and prayers across the miles,
Shirley Mae

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:37 am

Teresa, Thank you so much for all the love you put into the lotto. You are such a wonderful person. Lori
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:44 am

Teresa, sorry to hear that you are “retiring“ but hope this gives you more time to pursue your own happy sewing. Thank you for the years of Lotto! It’s been fun!

Mary z

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:08 am

Sorry to hear that you are stepping down as our hostess. We all have loved you. I know after six years, it's time to let it go. Thank You for all your dedication. Yes, Maryq has been great! At least it gave you this year to think about it and decided for sure with her doing every other month for you.

Thanks again, and you are surely LOVED!

Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:50 am

Teresa

Like the others, I too am sorry to hear that you are stepping down from Lotto... Can't believe it's been 6 years! We all so appreciate you being hostess of this wonderful "swap" all these years. You know how much I have loved lotto--especially winning! LOL

I have been giving some serious thought to picking up the torch you are passing and in a few days will hopefully have thoughts together all in one place so that I can share with everybody.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE!

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:00 am

Teresa, Thank You for being hostess for 6 years. Like others have said 6 years is a good long time to keep after everyone to send in those blocks and to determine what blocks to make for what month. I enjoyed playing on the months that I played and will continue to play along as time permits.

Hope you get a hold of your health issues and are able to continue on with the things that bring you joy.

Thanks again,
Joan

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:58 pm

Oh wow, we have to do what we have to do. Sometimes we have to stop and smell the roses and take care of ourselves. Wish I had time.

Trying to practice what I preach!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:12 pm

Thank you all for your kind words. It was a hard decision but I know it is the right one. It really wasn't that hard to organize everything. I have a great system with Excel. The only hard part was picking one block out of sooooooooo many. :) :)

I will enjoy looking forward every month to the anticipation of knowing what block we will be making. It is always nice to have an end of the year quilt or hope to win enough to gift to someone.

Happy Quilting!!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”