Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Something modern Swap - finished

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
zfatcat

Re: Something modern Swap - finished

Post by zfatcat » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:46 pm

Sonya, take your time. I only have 5 blocks done. I'm still moving along as well. I'm sure we'll both make the deadline. Have fun creating something different. Lori
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:06 am

I just need to add stems to my tulips. Glad I only had to make 10. Stitching down those small pieces was a challenge.
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:21 pm

I'm also glad there were only 10 to make. Life has a way of sneaking up on you sometimes.
Exodus 33:14

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:57 am

Chriss...you are so right!...Thank goodness there are only 10 this time.
I strips cut, ironed and set out for strip piecing. Now I am reading directions, again, on how to thread my new (2 months old and only used twice for about 5 minutes) machine with black thread and spin a bobbin.
I am determined to use this machine...
Since healing is slow and I cannot do much else I can now focus on sewing and learning my new machine...just gotta have that motivation kick in again...
Anyway, in this case, slow and steady will win this race!...Thanks for the support. :)

Once I get this up in running it should go really fast...

((((Hugs)))) Sonya

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:23 pm

Sonya, glad to hear you have something to keep you busy. What kind of machine did you get?
Lori 8-)

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:27 am

Lori, I got a Janome Skyline7. All things considered...space I'll have in the future since I'm downsizing, realistic expectations of what I really need (use for sewing clothes, alternations AND Quilting ....will not make a quilt bigger than a queen) and of course budget..we do not finance anything but I car and the house..cash only...the Janome S7 fulfilled those. Are there some other features I would have wanted that it doesn't have...of course...but this was the best choice. I tinkered with it at the quilt shop who sells them and looked at a few others...once I decided on it I was getting it the following payday.
Then my husband surprised me when he went and bought it for me with some of his bonus money from work❤️....brought it home that night.
It is really a neat machine...I have no regrets.
Just need to refresh my memory and refer to the book...it's coming back...and YouTube videos are helpful, too.

I should have these blocks finished by tomorrow and DH will take them to the PO Monday...and I will get you the track...if any of that changes, and it should not...I'll PM you....

((((Hugs)))) Sonya

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:45 am

Sonya, I love my Janome. I just love the sound they make when you sew. It almost sounds like a cat purring.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:23 am

Sonya, your new machine sounds purrfect! and what a sweet hubby you have to surprise you like that! I have a little Janome for travel and really like it except for the fact that I have to use a screwdriver to remove the throat plate. I'm used to my Bernie, my main machine, where it just pops out. But then the Janome has options I wish my Bernie had! You said you are downsizing. Does that mean you are moving, or just trying to clear out stuff?

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:13 am

Mary...I do love this machine!..I use to only get Vikings until they were no longer made in Sweden.
Right now I have for back up a Designer 1 DH surprised me with about 4 years ago from the same shop (used, refurbished and with an embroidery unit...made in Sweden..$500 bucks ..first year free cleaning and check-up and one year repairs, if needed.. worth every single penny...it is a great back up and the embroidery is beautiful)...when it goes...I will get a lightweight Janome I can carry if need be. I really don't use the embroidery unit very much but it's nice to have while I have it.
As far as downsizing we are not planning any immediate move. Where we live now is nice but over the last 5 years there has been many changes in our lives.
We would like to get back to a more rural town but for now this is the best we could hope for for our life right now.
We are not expecting to live here forever and if the opportunity came we would want to be ready.
We would not except a place any larger than 950sqft so we are downsizing according to that goal. We have seen family and friends over the last few years be put in situations where they needed to move and had so much stuff it became a horrible burden and added stress to move...and expense.
Saying all that we would not even consider moving out of this area while my Papa is nearby..if/when we move it will likely be a bit further up north nearer my husband's work...(only 25 minutes away now)..
Someday, after DH retires, we will move near the kids and grandkids in Indiana❤️...at least that's the plan...

I did not finish my blocks this last weekend but I am finishing them right now...I will try to post a pic..I'm trying to use colors that will blend with the other blocks..it is a simple block but colorful. DH has a business trip the next couple days so likely they won't go out before Thursday after my doctor's appointment...if I can find a way sooner..I will
I am looking into possibly printing a prepaid label but I've never done that before.
I promise after this happening I am going to get some prepaid envelopes for the future!

Thanks again for all the support!..it's appreciated more than you all will know...

((((Hugs)))) Sonya

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Thu May 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Yay!...my blocks are finished!...DH will take them to the post office tomorrow.
I really like how they turned out. I will try to get a picture posted in just a bit.

Thanks for being patient....

((((Hugs)))) Sonya

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”