Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Something modern Swap - finished

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
zfatcat

Something modern Swap - finished

Post by zfatcat » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:02 pm

Something Modern Quilt swap.

Sign up by March 20th, the 1st day of spring. Blocks must reach me by May 18th. Please read all the instructions thoroughly, and ask me any questions you may have.

This swap will be any solid fabric 100% cotton. If you need to use a background fabric, use a solid black. You can make a traditional block, applique, or create your own block. No machine embroidery.

All colors except, white, off white, beige, or cream. An exception can be made if you need eyes in your block. Please check with me 1st. No muslin, no flannel. Use good quality 100% cotton only. Pre-wash all fabrics before cutting. Don’t square up your blocks.
If you are using a black background, please make sure you use black or dark grey thread. Please don’t sew on black background with white thread. It will show through.

Block size : 12 ½”
Limit 20

Attach label on each block with forum name and real name and where you are from
Put blocks in one large ziplock bag , with your return address on it.

Make sure your blocks measure at least 12 ½”. Keep in mind you need room for any blocks with points. We don’t want to square up a block and cut off the points. Measure every block to assure it is 12 ½”. Make sure all applique is stitched down properly. Make sure you remove all stabilizers from applique.
Please ask me any questions you may have.

THE FINE PRINT

I will keep with the same rules as the other hostesses.
To join you must be a posting member of this forum for at least three months and be familiar with the way WE run our swaps. If you sign up and fail to follow through on this swap, you will not be able to sign up for the next swap. If you send incomplete blocks, your blocks are not the required size, you did not use the required fabric, or applique is not sewn not securely, they will be returned to you using your postage.

Be sure to use priority mail. This comes with a tracking number. Keep your receipt so you have it in case the package if misplaced by the postal service. Send the flat rate shipping amount of $7.20 for the return of your blocks. I will be using the padded envelopes. In the event your blocks don’t show up and you don’t have this number you won’t be able to sign up for our next swap.

Communication is essential to have a fun swap. If you have any questions please ask prior to taking a spot in this swap. If you have any problems or concerns, PM, email, or call me. That way we can take care of it in private so it doesn’t cause problems on the forum. If you join, you must comment in the swap thread once a week or email me at least until I have your blocks.

I know that written communication sometimes doesn’t come across well. I will provide all swappers with my email and phone number. That way you can call me if you need something clarified. Also, I check my email more than the forum mail. I will have a quicker response if you have a question.

Be sure to check in often and have fun. Let’s create something special together.

Swappers:

1. Prairiewillow - Soyna
2. Maryq - Mary - Jacobs Latter
3. zfatcat - Lori - Tulips
4. cupcake - Carolyn
5. purrfect-lady - Mary - Whrily-Gig
6. Marilynsgrammy - Chriss
7. Teresak - Teresa - Merry-go-Round
8. Farmchick - Mariam - chopsticks
9. DouceFleur1 - Denise - Flower
10. Oasis - Linda - received

Lori 8-)

maryq

Re: Something modern Swap - finished

Post by maryq » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:09 pm

I’m in

Put me down for Jacobs ladder. I did a test one. It turned out pretty good. I did have some trouble getting it to square to 2.5”. But that’s why I practiced.

Will post a photo soon

PS. Monday 02-26

Got to thinking that maybe Jacob's Ladder isn't a very MODERN quilt block... I'll keep thinking...and let you know what I come up with, but for now I'll stay with JL.

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:09 pm

Lori...Please sign me up for the Hole in the Barn Door!
This is going to be great!...I've been waiting for a swap like this for a long time...

Love your block...

Sonya

cupcake

Post by cupcake » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:07 pm

Count me in. I will choose a pattern with Hexagons. Will have to go through some fabrics. I will need to purchase black fabric.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:31 pm

playing with shapes. Anything is possible.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:48 pm

Lori, this sounds like fun! For now, please put me down for the 54/40 or fight block from Egg Money. But I am going to try to think up something more in the line of your modern theme in the next couple of days. I love the sample block you put up with all the colored squares!

Thanks!
Mary z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:09 am

I'm in Lori, I will be playing with shapes but not sure what to make yet.

I think I will get some Kona black today and go from there. This will be fun.

Exodus 33:14

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:56 am

Looks like we are off to a good start. Thank you all for signing up. Create something fun.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:00 am

Just want you all to know you can use a black background, or just all color. Either is fine.
Lori 8-)

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:51 am

Just stopped in to see what you all were up too. This country girl doesnt have a modern bone in her body nor does my stash hold any solids so I will sit this one out and be your cheerleader from the sidelines. Cant wait to see what you all come up with :)

Izzy
🐐izzy

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”