Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

2018 Secret Sants Hints

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Pilot2b

Re: 2018 Secret Sants Hints

Post by Pilot2b » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:22 am

HOW DO I DOWNLOAD THIS, OR GET TO IT BY JUST GOING TON THE COMOUTER?

Thank you.

hELEN

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:22 am

1. Helen

2. July 10

3. Fav. Colors - pretty pinks, and fabs with black backgrounds with bright rose/pink flowers, romantic, with roes with roses also. Polkadot, Christmas, Halloween, also 5" white charms

4. Colors never use - Civil War fabs and 30's

5. Fab styles bright colors and #4

6. Fab Styles do not like geometric.

7. Quilt Pattern I would like to have - Els or Quilt Smart Double Wedding ring, or the other wedding block.

8. Applique or hand quilt - Both There is a new quilt shop across street and down alley. Going there to learn long arm. Can't afford a machine, however rents are reasonable. How lucky can one get?

9. Have used sewing machine in past, nothing too elaborate.

10.Rollos or bite size snickers,--not like I only eat one! red or black licorice. anything chocolate and Paydays.

11. Cat, Zac and he is a lover!

12. Like to read, esp. quilt novels and I also like to read about history.

13. Like to collect fat quarters in fabs I like

14. Allergies - Have fever and some politicians.

WRONG ORDER
10.Read in my spare time, with CFIDS, unable to do much. Like to do embroidery also. Try to keep busy.

15. My wish list, to get all of ufo's done next year. World Peace.

16. Handmade gifts - YES!

17. Re-gifted - Yes.

18. JoAnn's, McDonalds, Walmart.

19. In 1984, age 42, was the oldest Legislative Intern chose in college to attend 1984 SD legislature - FANTASTIC. Then in 1988 in the evenings, for a baby-sat for Kevin and Cindy while he was in Rapid City, SD making DANCES WITH WOLVES. Nice people and I enjoyed this. Was in Who's Who, for teachers, twice. It is no loner in print.

20. May 11, 1960 Open heart surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN. Hole between 2 chambers, age 17. Had a stroke on tableand died, Dr.s had trouble restarting my heart.Going before Colorado Legislature - 2018 and try to get animal abuse laws changed - want severe punishments.

21. Eclectic, nice paintings and things I have collected in past. Don't really collect any more, unless it is a tea cup.

22. No magazine subscriptions

MERRY CHISTMAS

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:01 am

UPDATED 9-21-18
FIRST NAME: Teresa
BIRTHDAY: MAY 26, 1956 / ANNIV: February 14, 1991

FAVORITE COLORS: Brilliant Fall and Winter Blues

FAVORITE STYLE OF FABRICS: ToT's

LEAST FAVORITE COLORS: Dark

LEAST FAVORITE STYLE OF FABRICS: No Solids, Batiks or anything dark, Please.

PATTERNS I WOULD REALLY LOVE: McKenna Ryan's Winter theme and any QIAD patterns you would like to share

APPLIQUE?: Machine

HAND QUILT/MACHINE QUILT: Machine with hand stitched bindings

BRAND OF MACHINE: Janome 6600 and APQS Freedom LA

DO YOU CURRENTLY SUBSCRIBE TO ANY QUILT MAGAZINES? NO. I LOVE the ones that show how a quilt can be quilted.

FAVORITE CANDY: No Candy Please

It's A LITTLE KNOWN FACT THAT I LOVE: My QuiltPath tablet attached to my LongArm will take any pattern in a QLI format. (My Creative Stitches is one place I love to purchase from)

COLORS AROUND MY HOUSE: Beige, Blues, Sage Greens

** ALERTS: Severe Coughing Attacks
* To anything with a FRAGRANCE or SMOKE ODOR.

* A LITTLE WISHLIST:
Anything quilt related. Batting Tape; SoFine Gray, Tans and Blue Thread: 50wt from Superior Threads. I also shop at JoAnn's and MSQCo.

I LOVE GIFT CARDS: Dunkin Donuts (Iced Coffee); Superior Threads; MSQC; JoAnn's in Palmdale; Bolts in the Bathtub (661-945-5541); Debbie's (661-823-7714).

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT ME:
Was married on Valentine's Day, 1991 to Robin (Rob) I have 5 children: Justin & Carrie, DGS Spencer in North Carolina; Evan in Iowa; Kevin & Heather in MA; Courtney in FL; Jenifer, Darby, Aria Jane and Ayden in UT.
We have 4 cats. Spot, Shadow, Abbie and Max. (Love Friskies Treats)

Retired in 2005 and became a Quilter. I love homemade quilt blocks and re-gifted quilting items BUT again please NO fragrance or smoke odor.

MY HOBBIES are QUILTING, Knitting, Crocheting and Reading

If you need a helper to surprise me ... Please call Hubby, Rob (661-435-8960 cell) and he will keep it a SECRET :)

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:03 am

I almost missed this new list~~~~~~

1. My 1st name...Kathy

2. B'day...3/27

3. Favorite color/quilting...red/yellow blue/white aqua/pink

4. Colors I never use......black, animal prints, bright/neon, & batiks

5. Favorite style(s)...30s, CW

6. Styles I don't like....white on white

7. Quilt pattern I would like to have....???

8. Applique by hand......a little by machine

9. I quilt by hand

10. favorite candy....lately rediscovered Necco Wafers

11. Other things I like to do...read, knit & hand embroider

12. no pets

13. Things I like to collect...transfer ware dishes, fabric

14. Allergies..none

15. wish list...Peace on Earth!! a sewing table that I can set my machine into.

16. Homemade gifts...Yes

17. regift...Yes

18...favorite gift cards...The fabric Stash,

19. It's a little known fact that I do not like to tell my secrets.

20. Other pertinent info...retired, DGC are Susannah & Heath, & I'm shorter than last year.

21. Quilt Magazines: America Patchwork & quilting.

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:20 am

well, as luck would have it, I keep erasing my list. so will try another version, I will give ans. but look @ your copy for numbers with questions.

Helen Jean

2. 7/10 3. black with bright color roses, other backgroungd colors
with roses, autumn, Christmas colors. Tone on tone

4. Do not like 30's Civil war - have lots or plain colors

5. laura burch Christmas, not patterns, ok with stars or some small item, like autumn fabs.

6. Geometric

7. Easy Christmas tree skirt

8. Appliq. and hand and machine quilt not long arm

9. Quilt by hand

10. Favorite candy DOLLAR TREE the old fashioned orange slices, in variely flavor packs, butterfinger, payday, Reeses , Rolos, snickers

11. Read, listen to classical music, music or my era, 50;60;, but also band days era.

12. Zac my adorable cat He likes fresh catnip.

Others to follow!

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:42 am

PAGE 2.

14. Collect Tea Cups and saucers. Long story. On a move into a new home, after the movers had set up furniture in dining room. They put the shelves in and mother put her antique collection of tea cups and saucers. The shelves fell and broke most of her cups.

15.Wish list: would love to return to England and visit the village lived in STEEPLE ASTON, OXFORDSHIRE. And Iceland. But, would nave to rob a bank and knowing how graceful I am NOT, I would trip and fall escaping.
16.Homeade gifts YES

17. Re-Gift YES

18. Joann,s, WalMart, McDonalds

19. Use to weigh 240#, lost 100# early 2000. Stayed with Kevin and Cindy Costner's children early n, after school, while he was in Rapid Coty, SD making Dances With WOlves. Lovely people.-

20. Stop animal abuse Penalties should be stiffer for abusers.

21. Sort of have eclectic colors

22. No magazines

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:49 am

Excuse mess from last year.
My
List below from
2017’

nur5e

Post by nur5e » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:34 pm

Updated: DATE: OCTOBER 9,2017
1. My first name:MARCIA

2. Birthday 06/06

3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts:GREENS, PINKS, PEACH oh any and all Colors really!

4. Colors I'll never use:ANYTHING NEON

5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: LOVING BATIKS MORE AND MORE, ANYTHING W CATS

6. Fabric style(s) I don't like:MODERN, GEOMETRIC

7. Quilt pattern I would like to have:FUNKY FRIEND FACTORY/PATCH THE CAT PATTERN, ANY PIECED CARDINAL BIRD PATTERN

8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? MACHINE

9. How to you quilt your projects? MACHINE

10. My favorite candy:NUTS, LOVE HONEY!, ANYTHING LEMON

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time:OCCASIONALLY KNIT DISH CLOTHS OR CROCHET AFGHANS, GARDENING, VISIT HISTORICAL SITES

12. My pets:4 CATS: SARAH, JAMES, SOFIE TUCKER, AND OLIVIA

13. Things I like to collect:ANYTHING PERTAINING TO CATS! UNIQUE CHRISTMAS NATIVITIES

14. ALLERGY ALERTS:MILK PROTEIN

15. My little wish list:PERIWINKLE TEMPLATE FROM MSQC, OLFA 45 ROTARY CUTTER BLADES, SCHMETZ QUILT SEWING MACHINE NEEDLES, FAT QUARTERS,

16. do you like homemade gifts:OMG YES

17. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someone's stash,
already read books, used patterns, used notions)LOVE

18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc):JOANNS, MSQC, TRADER JOES, CHIK-FIL-A

19. It’s a little known fact that I AM A CERTIFIED HANDLER FOR LCC NOAH COMFORT DOG (check out lcc comfort dog page on facebook!)

20. Other pertinent information:2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND 1 SOLDIER SON-IN-LAW. RETIRED ON DISABILITY FROM NURSING AFTER OVER 40 YEARS. RECENTLY JOINED A LOCAL QOV GROUP.

21. Colors around my house:LOL...ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!

22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: NO SUBSCRIPTIONS BUT LIKE MSQC BLOCK, MCCALLS

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:35 am

Updated: August 28, 2018
1. My first name:Deb

2. Birthday June 18, 1962

3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts: all colors

4. Colors I'll never use: I will find a use for them all!

5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: Love batiks and Fairy Frost

6. Fabric style(s) I don't like: I can't think of any!

7. Quilt pattern I would like to have: QIAD Apple Cake, QIAD Chimneys and Cornerstones, QIAD Foxes and Geese, QIAD New Amish Quilts

8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? I want to learn both. Has been my goal for the last two years

9. How to you quilt your projects? All by hand. I can't figure out how to get all that fabric under the needle!

10. My favorite candy: Milky Way, Snickers, Twix, Hershey kisses

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time: Watch the Green Bay Packers (Go Pack Go!), Buffalo Bills, NY Yankees, Villanova Men's basketball and Syracuse University Men's basketball. Listen to music and read

12. My pets: a 3 month old Basset named Sophie Tucker Kisly, a 5 year old Basset named Cleo Cooper Kisly and my daughter and son in law's pug named Bear

13. Things I like to collect: Moose and basset hounds

14. ALLERGY ALERTS: Coconut

15. My little wish list: FQs, 2 1/2 inch strips, a Christmas ornament having to do with quilting - anything!

16. do you like homemade gifts: Yes!

already read books, used patterns, used notions): Love them!

18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc): QIAD, Accuquilt, Michaels, Pizzeria Uno

19. It’s a little known fact that I: I used to be an ordained Pastor in the United Methodist Church. I now have no belly button because of my last surgery!

20. Other pertinent information: My daughter and her husband moved in with me last October. She recently gave birth to identical boys at 22 weeks and they didn't survive. We are getting custody of his 4 year old son on August 30th after fighting the system since January.

21. Colors around my house:Living room is light, light green and maroon. Kitchen: white and gray. Bedroom: Coral sunset and light gray

22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: Quiltmaker!

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:38 am

Updated: DATE
1. My first name:lea

2. Birthday march 4/1961

3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts: teal, blues, greens anything goes..

4. Colors I'll never use: black

5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: quilt cottons

6. Fabric style(s) I don't like: plaids

7. Quilt pattern I would like to have: basic style patterns

8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? machine mostly but hand ok

9. How to you quilt your projects? basic sew machine

10. My favorite candy: licorice

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time: knit

12. My pets: 3 orange tabbies

13. Things I like to collect: fabric, rulers, quilt related

14. ALLERGY ALERTS:n/a

15. My little wish list:

16. do you like homemade gifts:you bet

already read books, used patterns, used notions)don't mind at all love reading books and patterns.

18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc): gift shops

19. It’s a little known fact that I: take on too many project ufo's

20. Other pertinent information:

21. Colors around my house:mix

22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: scrapquilter, any kind all good, love collecting any quilt in a day books that I find in secret places.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”