Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

2018 Secret Sants Hints

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
fabricgirl

Re: 2018 Secret Sants Hints

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:20 pm

Updated: DATE 8/25/2018
1. My first name Lois

2. Birthday4/8

3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts: all colors

4. Colors I'll never use:neon's

5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: marbles
And tone on tone.

6. Fabric style(s) I don't like: large prints

7. Quilt pattern I would like to have: none I have to many already.

8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine?both

9. How to you quilt your projects? LA for large ones small I do myself.

10. My favorite candy: Lint drk chocolate

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time: Read magazines& bake.

12. My pets:none

13. Things I like to collect:none

14. ALLERGY ALERTS:none

15. My little wish list:schmetz sewing machine needles,aurfill thread grey or any other color is fine.

16. do you like homemade gifts:yes

17. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someone's stash,
already read books, used patterns, used notions)no not at all.

18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc):Hobby Lobby, Dunkin Dounuts.

19. It’s a little known fact that I:

20. Other pertinent information: Married to my best friend for 42 yearsBill he's retired he does the Laundry ,the shopping and the cleaning.
we have 2 children Sandi and to grands Olivia and Virgil and DSIL Virgil.
Our Son William is divorced and has meet a wonderful girl Melissa hopefully she will be a family member in the near future.

21. Colors around my house: Green, Rust, beige,.

22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: Block is my favorite.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:38 pm

Update 8/24/18

1. My first name is Mary

2. My birthday is 9/20/55

3. I like all colors for quilts. So far the quilts I have made have all been gifts and the colors have been what that person liked. I tend to gravitate to bright colors when making baby/children's quilts.

4. I don't think there are any colors I wouldn't use.

5. I don't have a favorite style of fabric. I mix and match fabrics according to what I think looks good in the pattern I am working on at the time.

6. My least favorite style of fabric for quilts is directional prints that have definite top and bottom.

7. Quilt patterns I would like to have? That's a tough one. I am interested in trying a bargello style quilt but haven't decided which one I should start with.

8. I applique by machine. Would love to learn how to hand applique though.

9. I quilt by hand and machine. I am still learning on my Artistic SD long arm quilter. I am getting better, but still need practice with different quilting designs.

10. My favorite candy is homemade horehound candy (can't find the horehound plant anymore though).

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time are crocheting and embroidery. A couple months ago I started a project at work and started teaching myself wood burning.

12. I have two cats. Their names are Morton and Emily.

13. I collect cups and unique salt and pepper shakers. However I have been working at down sizing collectibles because I am running out of space and things are getting too cluttered.

14. My allergies are all hay fever related.

15. My wish list: hand quilting needles-flower head quilter pins-wonder clips-1" bent quilter's safety pins-quilt mysteries. Most of all would be whatever gift you would like me to have because it is a gift from your heart.

16. I love homemade gifts. They are the best kind of gift.

17. Re-gifted items are great (as long as it is not a gift I gave you, LOL).

18. My favorite places to use gift cards are The Patchwork Pig, JoAnns, Hobby Lobby, and QIAD.

19. It is a little Known fact that I used to play Violin and I grew up in foster homes.

20. Other pertinent information is another tough one. Let's see...I love Jesus, accepted Him into my heart as my Lord and Savior when I was nine years old. I work full time at Home Depot. My dream is to be able to start teaching young folks the art of sewing, quilting, and crochet when I retire.

21. The colors around my house are very eclectic. I enjoy the comfort of earth tone decor and bring the look of nature into my home as much as possible.

22. I do not subscribe to any magazines. They are not in the budget at this time.

23. My domestic machine is a Kenmore. My long arm is an Artistic Sit Down Quilter. I inherited my Grandmother's Singer treadle machine, but it needs to be refurbished before I can use it. My hope is to get it fixed and be able to use it for piecing quilts.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:49 am

1. My first name:Judi

2. Birthday 09/20/1946

3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts:red and green for Christmas and any other color for any quilt/

4. Colors I'll never use:I have used them all

5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: 30s and country, (love Kim Diehl fabric)

6. Fabric style(s) I don't like:batiks

7. Quilt pattern I would like to have: pillows and mugrugs

8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? machine

9. How to you quilt your projects? I have an HQ16

10. My favorite candy:I had to erase this.....on Weight Watchers

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time:Read, camp, oh and did I mention camp///

12. My pets: none:(

13. Things I like to collect:Sheep but running out of room to display them,

14. ALLERGY ALERTS:None

15. My little wish list: patterns for pillows, mug rugs,

16. do you like homemade gifts: yes

already read books, used patterns, used notions) do not mind at all

18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc)Quilt i n a Day. Connecting Threads Shabby Fabrics
19. It’s a little known fact that I:Love to cook and take care of my house.

20. Other pertinent information:Love to Camp , Kim Diehl is my favorit designer(have all her books) But I love Eleanor's patterns too I think I have about 25 of QIAD books/ I love to camp and love camping themes fabric and patterns. Married to my best bud the "hubster" 51 years....have 4 kids and 9 grands and 1 great grand.

21. Colors around my house:Red Kitchen. Green living room gray hall. paneled sewing room.

22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: no I buy copies as i see a project I like

23 Wish list Aurifil Thread white or any color.

JayKay

Post by JayKay » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:47 am

Updated: DATE. 9/10/17
1. My first name:
Joyce
2. Birthday
October 1st
3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts:
Most any colors......there is always a quilt for any color!
4. Colors I'll never use:
Do not like the harsher, neon greens
5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric:
Love old fashioned florals
6. Fabric style(s) I don't like:
Large geometric prints
7. Quilt pattern I would like to have:
Hunters Star
8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine?
Mostly machine
9. How to you quilt your projects?
I have an HQ Avante
10. My favorite candy:
Toffifay
11. Other things I like to do in my spare time:
Horses, reading, and taking the dogs for walks
12. My pets:
Corgi, 2 Border Collies, mini Australian Shepherd, 5 cats
13. Things I like to collect:
Stephen King books
14. ALLERGY ALERTS:
Please dont send penicillin, LOL
15. My little wish list:
Anything will be special from my Secret Santa
16. do you like homemade gifts:
Yes, my favorite
already read books, used patterns, used notions)
Re gifted is great.......one man's trash is another's treasure
18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc):
JoAnn Fabric
Love the paranormal and a big Walking Dead fan
20. Other pertinent information:
Still loving life and riding horses.......
21. Colors around my house:
Living room is now turquoise and deep blood red, bedroom..rust, browns and tans,
Kitchen is red, blacks and grays
22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite:
No, I just pick them up when I see something on the cover that interests me.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:46 am

1. My first name: Valerie

2. Birthday: October 17

3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts: Purple/Green, Brown/Pink, blues, fall is my favorite favorite!

4. Colors I'll never use: probably none

5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: I like more traditional quilting fabrics, (florals, 1800's, blenders)

6. Fabric style(s) I don't like: Bold Geometric stuff, sports, Halloween, animals, things that are very specialized.

7. Quilt pattern I would like to have: Gee, any would be fine

8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Very little by machine

9. How do you quilt your projects? Send out to be done

10. My favorite candy: Trying not to eat

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time: Read

12. My pets: DGS has a guinea pig named Jaba

13. Things I like to collect: Fabric!

14. ALLERGY ALERTS: Anything scented

15. My little wish list: Rulers, notions, (I have dropped several and broken the corners.), I need a bobbin holder

16. do you like homemade gifts: Yes, they are the best

already read books, used patterns, used notions) Love them

18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc): Quilt shops, Starbucks

19. It’s a little known fact that I: Was a very sick child and was not to survive to adulthood (fooled them!)

20. Other pertinent information: I am getting on towards older age, I have 2 children and 5 grandchildren. I am the unit manager at a nursing home in Napa. I used to be a huge Stephen King fan but guess I outgrew it and stopped buying every book that came along. No special author now.

21. Colors around my house: my carpet is blue. Currently searching for new furniture but nothing has spoken to me yet.

22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: No I don't subscribe to any magazines.

A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

QuilterontheMt

Post by QuilterontheMt » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:25 am

1. My first name: Michelle

2. My favorite color(s): Purple, honestly I haven't met a color I don't like

3. Colors I don't like: ummmmm

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric:Batik and tone on tone

5. Fabric style(s) I don't like:60s really large print

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: double wedding ring

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Hand

8. How to you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.? longarm or by hand if it's small enough

9. My favorite candy: chocolate

10. My hobbies: quilting, reading, hiking

11. My pets: dog, German Shepherd named Freya

12. Things I like to collect: books, personal development, business, strong female lead, elm Creek quilt books, journals

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: shell fish

14. My little wish list: build my fabric stash again, fabric shears, build my quilting notion supply again, build my quilt pattern supplies and all my quilting supplies again.

15. do you like homemade gifts:love them with a passion!!!!

16. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someones stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions) not at all

17. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) quilt shops, Safeway, Target, home Depot, Barnes and nobles

18. pot holder colors for secret santa swap.... You pick. The surprise is so much fun

19. Some tidbits of info about me (ex., profession, retired, my special likes, etc.: Starting my own business, health and nutrition supplemented with hypnosis, with a portion of my time and classes donated to families and children suffering from PTSD, trauma, domestic violence or abuse. I have two daughters, Madelyn 9 and Megan 11, from my previous marriage and an 11 month old son (9/23/16) with my new husband, trying for one more. We live in Colorado, West of Denver but I am from Minnesota. My favorite season is winter, I love Cardinals in the snow, my favorite holidays are Christmas and Thanksgiving. My birthday is December 20 which is often over looked. I love fall leafs, snow, snow men, hot chocolate, fuzzy no skid socks and a lap quilt in front of a fire.

20. Colors around my house: We currently live with my in laws and I think they are allergic to color, everything and I mean everything is white!

21. Quilt magazines I subscribe to: none at the moment.

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Updated: 8/9/2018

1. My first name is Sherry

2. Birthday: October 2, 1947

3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts is anything traditional Civil War reproductions.

4. Colors I will never use: really bright colors.

5. My favorite Style of fabric is Civil War Reproductions or early traditional.

6.Fabric styles I don't like are Batiks or hand dyed.

7. Quilt pattern I would like to have: Just about anything traditional like Churn Dash.

8. Do you applique by hand or machine? Machine

9. How do you quilt your projects? I do them on my White Quilter's Star machine.

10. My favorite candy: Werther's soft caramels and Clark Bars (which are not going to be made anymore since Necco went out of business.

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time: Counted cross stitching, 1000 piece or larger jigsaw puzzles, shopping at Hobby Lobby, watching and going to sporting events, and read nonfiction books.

12. Pets: Smoke my mixed breed rescue dog.

13. Things I like to collect: Anything Chicago Cubs, or Michigan Wolverines or Eeyore things.

14: Allergy Alerts: No allergies just mild asthma

15. My little wish list: To get back to the Houston Quilt Show in 2018 or 2019.

16. Do you like homemade gifts? Yes because they are the best kind made with love.

17. Do you mind re-gifted items? Heck no I have done it myself.

18. My favorite place to use gift cards: quilt shops, Hobby Lobby, and Cracker Barrel.

19. It is a little known fact that I love being retired and doing what I want. LOL

20. Other pertinent information: Can't think of much except my DH died 3 1/2 years ago and boy am I glad I listened to him about taking care of things here. I don't want to leave my place in the country.

21. Colors around my house: browns, beiges, tans that sort of things.

22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? Just Fons and Porter and I also buy the Quilt Sampler magazine when it comes out twice a year to read about the shops. Most mags have too many ads in them anymore.
I also subscribe to Just CrossStitch magazine.

cupcake

Post by cupcake » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Updated: DATE 8/09/2018
1. My first name: Carolyn

2. Birthday October 16

3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts: gray, cream, Neutrals,aqua

4. Colors I'll never use:

5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: Batik

6. Fabric style(s) I don't like: I like all cotton fabrics

8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Machine and Hand

9. How to you quilt your projects? send out to a LAQ small ones I quilt

10. My favorite candy: chocolate, chocolate chip cookies, cashews,

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time: going to beach, cooking, going to movies, shopping, scrapbooking, card making , bike ride, croquet. I like to make fabric postcards.

12. My pets: Chinese sharpei dog

13. Things I like to collect: embellishment , hot iron on crystals,

14. ALLERGY ALERTS: cigarette smoke

15. My little wish list: quality neutral cotton threads, Sharp medium sized scissors, Quality machine needles, glass pins.

16. do you like homemade gifts: yes I like small pouches, aprons, pot holders, table mats, mug rugs, large tote bags, Christmas Stocking.

17. Do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someone's stash,
already read books, used patterns, used notions) OK, however I have too many patterns and rulers.

18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc): Joann ,Holly Lobby , QIAD , Fat Quarter Shop

19. It’s a little known fact that I:I like to go to tea rooms, and my kitchen is set up like a tea room. I also croquet on a team. I love patriotic fabrics and quilted items, we are retired US Navy military.

20. Other pertinent information: Retired early in July 2018

21. Colors around my house: reds gray neutrals beach theme, tea pot and cup theme.

22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: Missouri Star Block and Tea Magazine.

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:47 pm

Guess I better put my hints up here too! updated 08-07-18

1. My first name: Mary

2. Birthday 11-05-1951

3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts: Navy blue and teal. Used to be yellow, but I've really gotten into teal. I do like flower prints and am getting into CW fabrics too.

4. Colors I'll never use: ORANGE

5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: 30's, florals, some CW's

6. Fabric style(s) I don't like: neon, geometrics

8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Machine

9. How to you quilt your projects? If small enough I can do on my little machine, if too big, I beg a friend

10. My favorite candy: you name it

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time: Knit and crochet.

12. My pets: none

13. Things I like to collect: Trying NOT collect anything.. packing up to move

14. ALLERGY ALERTS: None, tho vanilla scent doesn't sit well.

15. My little wish list:

16. do you like homemade gifts: oh of course

already read books, used patterns, used notions) Not at all

18. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc): Joann's, Connecting Threads. QIAD, MSQCo.

20. Other pertinent information: Retired at the end of 2107 and am loving every minute of it!

21. Colors around my house: Navy, gray, teal

22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: Block!

sweetpeadesigns

Post by sweetpeadesigns » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:53 am

l. My name: Linda Hertzing

2. Birthday: Dec 7th

3. My fave color to make quilts: purple and green, or pink and green

4. Colors I'll never use: not applicable

5. My fave style of fabric: Hard to choose just one, but I guess batiks

6. Fabric styles I don't like: homespuns, primitive

7. quilt patterns I would like to have: I'm not picky, anything not awfully time consuming (it shouldn't take me years to make a quilt)

8. I applique by machine.

9. I quilt my quilts on a longarm

10. anything sugar free candy

11. other things I like to do in my spare time: read, crochet, knit (only know the garter stitch)

12. My pet: Andrew (Andy cat)

13. Things I like to collect: my cupboards runneth over

14. allergies: dairy

15. my little wish list: anything homemade

16. I guess #15 answered this one too.

17. Regifted items: Love them!

18. My fave place to use gift cards: anywhere fabric is sold I like to eat too.

19. It's a little known fact: no idea, I'm in college, I'm going back to work for the Usps, I piece more than I applique, I love just holding my cat.

20. Other pertinent info: not sure, hubby, cat, and I are the only ones living in our home. I have to mail most of my gifts (closest family is daughter and her family 3 hrs away) we keep youngest grandson when parents go on vacation and have since his birth 6 yrs ago.

21. Colors around my house: neutrals in main rooms and pastels in private rooms.

22. Do you subscribe to any quilt magazines and if so which ones..and what's your favorite: This one is tough, I subscribe and then lapse and then subscribe later maybe...I've never tried BLOCK..I really enjoy quiltmaker.

Need anymore info just ask.

Hugs,
Linda

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”