Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Road2California

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
bichonsrfun

Road2California

Post by bichonsrfun » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:02 pm

I would just like to know if Eleanor will be teaching a class in January 2018. Thanks!

Pilot2b

Re: Road2California

Post by Pilot2b » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:35 am

I see you did not get a response to your question. Call their store 800- number. They should have the info you need. And I see your are from Roseville. Moved to Sin 1949 when I was a child, then later on Mtn. View. They bought a brand new home in North Highlands in 1951 - the flat top houses. My mother was the hostess for the model homes. Then when all of them were sold, the, Post Mistress of the No. Highlands P.O.was in the garage of the model home asked her to if she would like to come to work for her. she did, as we only lived a block from P>O> Later a larger P.O> was built and she worked there. Then in 55 , my father was transferred to Armour Star Meat headquarters in San Fran. and became VicePres. we lived in Mtn.View. Had a beautiful home there also.They bought it for under $15,000 and I saw in June where it sold for a mere $2.000,000. Dad worked at a meat shop for a friend on a few Saturdays a month, at the Roseville Farmers Market. Had wonderful parents and have so many happy memories of them. And, I have lovely memories from CA also.I Turned 75 7/10 and am a retired educator from Rapid City, SD.

Happy Quilting California Girl.

Helen

Pilot2b

Re: Road2California

Post by Pilot2b » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:58 am

Sure would like to go with you, however, I live in Denver now, and not Sacramento. Grew up I Sacto, after moving from Rapid City, SD when I was about 5. A mere 75 now.

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”