Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

APRIL Lotto Block - Quilter's Choice of PIECED block - Packages are mailed - Please post when REC'd

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

APRIL Lotto Block - Quilter's Choice of PIECED block - Packages are mailed - Please post when REC'd

Post by TeresaK » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:40 am

What a SPLENDID month April was. Spring definitely came alive!!! You were ALL very creative in choosing your block patterns and your fabrics. These quilts or other creative ideas you make will be DELIGHTFUL and LOVED ALOT!!
The Hand of the Picker has chosen these WINNERs!!!!
Rose92 - Linda
Sweetpeadesigns - Linda H
TeresaK - Teresa
Xochitl - Ysabel

CONGRATULATIONS to you ALL!!! Please enjoy playing and share pictures!!!
I will post pictures of all of the blocks when they all arrive

Hello ALL - I am starting earlier so you have plenty of time to get the creative juices flowing. You will know what I mean as you keep reading. Blocks need to be on my doorstep by the LAST DAY of APRIL - WooHoo - PLAYTIME!!!!!
WELCOME New and Old Lotto Pals!!! I know this month will be FABulously COLORFUL! Can you believe the Easter, the Bunny and April Showers are almost here with May Flowers right behind!! Remember - ENJOY and SHARE anything and everything!!! We learn from each other :)Here are my April Blocks. Stitched up 2 Pinwheels after I posted pictures.

BLOCK INSTRUCTIONS: Always your choice
* BLOCK SIZE: Unfinished size (1)12.5" OR (2)12.5' x 6.5" OR (4)6.5"sq's
PLEASE DO NOT sew the 6.5"sq's or the 12.5"x 6.5" blocks together. This will give the winners more flexibility in arrangement.

* BLOCK: QUILTER'S CHOICE of any Pieced or Applique Block. Some Ideas: Grandmother's Fan, Tulip Block, Dresdan Plate, Butterfly, QIAD Flower Basket, Ladybugs, Birdhouse, Melon shapes, Umbrella's, Quarter Sq 6.5" Triangles, etc... Let your creative Springtime come out and play.
Do Not Overthink this. Google SPRINGTIME for Inspiration and ENJOY!!!!

* FABRICS: ANY Springtime Fabric with Coordinating Colors.

* FABRICS: Background: Any fabric that portraits your block. If you are making an Umbrella then find a fabric that is raining. If you are making Easter Eggs have them sitting on grass with a soft blue sky or a White on White Soft blended "Springtime" Pattern. Your Pieced block can be any QIAD block that uses Springtime Fabrics. Little rabbits, chickies, carrots, flowers, jelly beans. The list goes on :) :)
* PLEASE TEST ALL your Fabrics to check for BLEEDING:

BEFORE MAILING---
********* PLEASE DO NOT SQUARE UP YOUR BLOCKs *********
* Place your Name Tag/Address label in the FRONT- UPPER LEFT -CORNER
* Place ALL blocks in ONE Plastic Bag
* Send $2-3 to help with shipping blocks to winners. Any money left over this month will be used to help with the Comfort Quilts.
* ALWAYS MAIL with a TRACKING NUMBER

WAYS to RECEIVE your WINNING tickets ...
* 1 ticket = Let me know if interested early and you send blocks
* 1 ticket = Every 12.5"+ block: Can be all Pieced or all Applique
EXTRA "OPTIONAL" TICKETS
* 2 tickets = If you make combinations of ALL sizes
* 1 ticket = Share about your Favorite Childhood Toy or Doll
* 3 extra tickets if you bring a friend and you both send blocks

ARRIVED
TeresaK - Teresa ... (5)12.5; (4)6.5; (2)12.5x6.5
Oasis - Linda S... (3)12.5; (4)6.5; (1)12.5 x 6.5
Shelly322002 - Jacquie ... (3)12.5; (4)6.5; (4)12.5x6.5
Rose92 - Linda W ... (2)12.5; (8)6.5; (2)12.5x6.5
MEPIECE2 - Katy ... (4)12.5; (4)6.5; (2)12.5x6.5
sweetpeadesigns - Linda H ... (6)12.5; (8)6.5; (4)12.5x6.5
Florence - Flo ... (3)12.5"
Xochitl - Ysabel ... (4)12.5
Scrapyqltr - Mary ... (1)12.5

LET THE SPRINGTIME ROLL ON!!!!

shelly322002

Re: APRIL Lotto Block - Quilter's Choice of PIECED block - Packages are mailed - Please post when REC'd

Post by shelly322002 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:37 am

Lovely choice this month Teresa!

I'm looking through ideas for different types of appliqué blocks... You know me, I'm a sucker for appliqué!

This should be a lot of fun!!
Huge hugs!! Jacquie xxx

QuiltGram8

Re: APRIL Lotto Block - Quilter's Choice of PIECED block - Packages are mailed - Please post when REC'd

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:10 am

I love your idea for this new month, but I won't be in this time. Too many other things have my priorities.
Sending great big hugs and prayers for successful surgery and recovery and patience for you and strength as the care giver. We all love you so much!!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:31 am

Maybe a sample? I think I forgot to read the line that says "do not over think this!" In reading requirements, it sounds like Easter fabric which I don't have. Only holiday I buy specific is Christmas
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:04 am

Hi Valerie
This month we are using the same or adding other fabrics within the same Spring Colors as last month but if you have Easter fabrics you may add them as well.

Think of March colors and add many more different kinds of QIAD blocks along with Applique blocks of you choose

Hope this helps. I am working on some today.

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:43 am

Here is my first appliqué block, they're all going to be different, no duplicates...
I have an idea of how many different blocks there will be but I shall see how I get on. There will be some flower appliqués, butterfly's and Sunbonnet Sue's... All spring like :)
Happy sewing! xxx Jacquie xxx

Here is my 2nd appliqué block 'Skipping Sue', I've had a lovely day 'sew' far!!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:06 am

WOW Jacquie - How cool are they. LOVE your stitching - Sweet!!! Can't wait to see what is next!!!

I got to thiunking that making 6.5" blocks would be quick and also better for some applique. Can be pieced or appliqued. Your choice.

PLEASE DO NOT sew the 6.5" or the 12.5"x 6.5" blocks together. This will give the winners more flexibility in arrangement. Yes you may make a couple or so Jacob's Blocks. I really liked the way they are and they will go very nicely in this quilt as well.

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:03 pm

Ooooowww!!!
Different sizes to make!! I like that!!!! Adds an interesting look to this lotto!

Thanks Teresa!!
Love n hugs!! xxx

Rose92

Post by Rose92 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:26 am

Want to try this one too! However, I am unclear about the sizes. Is this how it reads:

1 - 12.5" appliqued block
2 - 12.5" x 6.5 blocks(what should they be?)
4 - 6.5" blocks (single or pieced?)

Is this supposed to make a set that goes together? Do we make a number of sets?

Thanks for all your hard work putting this together and answering "newbie" questions.

**Linda

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:30 am

Rose, hi... Yes you pretty much have it right...

1 - 12.5" block
2 - 12.5" x 6.5 blocks
4 - 6.5" blocks

Any of these blocks can appliqué or peiced... OR a mixture of the 2 in one block i.e peiced with some appliqué added...
When you ask about sets, no we don't need to make sets just make what you can manage so long as you keep to the correct number of blocks as you stated earlier; 1 x 12.5" block, 2 x 12.5" x 6.5" blocks and 4 x 6.5" blocks
Just have fun with it...

Teresa, I hope I got this right in your absence...

Hugs!! Jacquie xxx

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”