Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Hello from Newbie In UK

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
MrsN

Hello from Newbie In UK

Post by MrsN » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:18 am

Good afternoon ladies,

I just found your forum whilst looking for a cornerstone design for my next quilt.

I have just completed my first quilt and loved every minute of it and I'm currently working on a baby quilt for my daughters best friend who has her first baby on or around 21st of this month.

I'm not very familiar with the names of blocks but I do know that my Christmas quilt was made up of log cabin blocks to match the centre panel that I used.

I am making the baby quilt using 12 pinwheel blocks in a white frame. The fabric I chose is Moda lullaby. it's a lovely pastel pack that is quite neutral as Suzi and her husband chose to wait for the surprise, hence the neutral colours.

My next full sized quilt will feature a beautiful peacock panel in the middle. My husband likes the centre panels and I enjoy quilting them. I have already got the fabrics for the rest of the quilt and we looked at designs and chose the design for around the centre panel. I found this site whilst researching how to make flying geese, which I would like to use as my quilt border. I also wanted to incorporate cornerstones in the new quilt and found something perfect here.

MainelyMe

Re: Hello from Newbie In UK

Post by MainelyMe » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:51 pm

Hello and welcome MrsN! So glad you found us and the site was able to help you. We would love to see your quilts in the photo section if you would like to show them.
Keep quilting, and stop in and leave a note now and then.
Joan

Rose92

Post by Rose92 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:10 am

Welcome to our site. You are among very helpful friends. It sounds like you are becoming a committed quilter. Soon it will become an obsession!! And all addicted quilters are welcome here.

I have the peacock panel too, but haven't decided what to do with it yet. Love peacocks and the teal colors.

Enjoy!Q

**Linda

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Welcome to the group. Soon you will as obsessed as the rest of us.

Fo

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:20 am

WELCOME!!!!
You'll find any hints, help and direction that you need. Just post in the SEW-IN site and start your day off. Any of Eleanor Burn books and her rulers are great. I have used mine so much that I have worn the markings off. Baby quilts are a good start.
Diane

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:49 am

Welcome!!
Sounds like you have a good start to your quilting life.

Lyn

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:29 am

Welcome and be sure to join us is a daily conversation in Sew Ins.

There is lots of help here. We all love to see pictures of your work and you can post in Quilt Photos.

Sounds like you are well on your way in the quilting world.

Velda
HUGS, đź’• Vel

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”