Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa Opening Day

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
javin22

Re: Secret Santa Opening Day

Post by javin22 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:17 am

I forgot today was opening day and I just opened my SS gift from Deb. Thanks so much for all the fun things. I will put them to good use. Here is a pic of my fun gifts.

[/img]

Sue- I am glad you like your gifts. Merry Christmas!

cupcake

Post by cupcake » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Thank you toekeyotow a real nice package. just got home from work and this gal can sew! A table runner and 4 mug rugs yeah in batiks !!! Fat quarters A QIAD pattern called basket weave! A zippered pouch she made. A cool tin with flat pins. Beads, Beads,and Beads. And the teaser Thanksgiving table runner. Thank you sew much.

redgarnet222

Post by redgarnet222 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:43 pm

My secret santa was maryQ! aka, Mary Hanson. She was so generous and wonderful to send me a very large box of quilting goodies! There was a stack of fat quarters, a wonderful pink organizer, a lighted needle threader, a seam ripper that stands up to clip threads, a lovely large quilter's mug, two mug rugs, a pot holder and set of two towels , a daily digest planner, a handmade prairie point ornament, and a cardinal table topper!
I absolutely feel spoiled beyond anyone's dreams for a quilter's surprise package. I have swapped for secret santa many times and have never gotten such a package! All in my favorite colors and themes.

Thank you ever so much! I am sorry I could not upload the picture from the picture site. They changed it to where I could not find my way around.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:26 pm

Good Evening Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on here till just now well Chris was my ss she really packed a box of goodies I have several of Lori Holt's Farm girl vintage patterns a coloring book a nice tote bag, she made me a thread caddy for my sewing room so I have no reason to throw anything on my floor, several patterns a kit to make a towel a wedge ruler ,a double wedding template set a table runner kit a bobbin ring to hold bobbins really need that my mug rug is just beautiful I just Love the red work a packet of seeds (poppys) I will take a nice snap shot and put it on here tomorrow this list just keeps getting bigger so that you can see everything.

Thank You so much Chris I really do Love everything and appreciate it.

Lois.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:21 pm

No pkg. today...maybe tomorrow. I'll be checking the mail after work.

Mary/Rosebud

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:41 pm

I just got home from the ER with my daughter. We were there since 9 am this morning. I am exhausted. I am going to sit down with a glass of wine and go to bed. Please excuse dear Secret Elf - I will open in the morning when I am in a better mood!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:27 pm

I apologize for not posting earlier, been a busy day. I opened my gift this morning, but then got busy with people in and out and a friend learning my HQS16 so she could finish a lap quilt she needs done by Thursday.

MainelyMe, Joan, is my Secret Santa, and she is a wonderful SS!!

She made me two very cute mug rugs. One is a heart, which is so pretty, I may hang it up. The other has a tea pot and cup on it, with steam from the cup, sitting on a pretty table cloth. OH my, I thought it was appliqued, but I think it's paper pieced. So much detail, the small handles are just Awesome. Joan is amazing. I think the heart is paper pieced, too. WOW.

Other goodies in my box included Chocolate Caramels, which I will eat All by myself (remember DH is on a soft diet.... they would be too chewy....ALL MINE, ha ha). A pretty pot holder, Bali Snaps, pattern for baggage tags and wallet. How did she know I didn't have a tag on my bag when I went to Colorado?! Also, a McKenna Ryan pattern, a 'Maine' shot glass, which will be used at Happy Hour, and one of those things to hang your scissors around your neck. Why can't I think of what that's called?

Thank You Joan!! I love it ALL!!

Hugs,
Lyn

MainelyMe

Post by MainelyMe » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:54 pm

Well I have managed to totally miss opening day! It's almost 2AM on the 13th right now and I am heading to bed. I'm sorry I missed all the fun today, but will try very hard to remember to open tomorrow ( aka later today! ). Sleep well ladies. I'll be back.....
Joan

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:04 am

Teresa - what a GREAT box of goodies - thank you. I made a list of everything and took pictures but Don and I are having a very hard time getting the pictures posted. Will try again tonight. Y'all, she really outdid herself.

MainelyMe

Post by MainelyMe » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:06 am

My SS was Cindy G, and what a Santa she was! Thank you Cindy for all of the wonderful goodies in my package.
The threader as a teaser was unexpected, and so cute. But the bountiful package you sent was amazing! I will think of ( and thank you ) often as I use each and every one of my gifts.
I received coffee ( pecan, yum! ), chocolates ( can't ever go wrong there! ), a beautiful mug rug with a matching movable waste container ( will be used at all my sewing away from home as well as at home ), some of my favorite threads, cute little scissors,a quilting hottie! How lucky am I!?!?
Oops! Almost forgot to mention the pattern with the fabrics! Beautiful!
Thank you again, Cindy! I will try to post a picture for all to see.
Joan

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”