Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa Opening Day

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
gershwin64

Re: Secret Santa Opening Day

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:09 am

I'll be opening mine later today with Mary Rose :) she's gonna text me when hers arrives and we'll open at the same time :)
Izzy, so glad you liked all your stuff! I had a blast fixing your box!
Tina

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:29 am

Happy Dance!! Happy Dance!! And I really did twirl around!

My Santa is Sharon/Womster!! It was a big box & stuffed full. I'll start with my favorite a yd of Dr Who fabric, I'm going to make a curtain for the sewing room. LOL.....I'm watching Dr Who now. Thanks!
*You did a wonderful job on the bottle apron, love the bit of bling. Your machine does great work.
*I thought you gave me 2 patterns but closer inspection I see there are 4 in one of the packets. There all El's & then none that I have.
*The mug rugs will cover my for the whole year. I like the stars & hearts your machine makes.
*I've never seen a little bug needle threader...something I need.
*The needle tweezer will be perfect for pulling threads.
Love you LQS....it sells things I've never seen like the double sided seam ripper. A large & a small ripper. (:
*Love the Dimples packet of FQ...love that print. And the aqua FQ are beautiful I can't wait to use them all in a project. Maybe a spring table topper.
*The colors in the jelly roll are beautiful & so many different fabrics.
All are sitting in a beautiful covered box with a snap to close it.

Sharon.....you did a wonderful job & were very generous.

Love & Prayers.....Kathy

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:17 am

Thank you to Maryz, you had me fooled for the longest time. What a box of wonderful items:
deck of Bonnie Hunter playing cards.
5 fq bundle in textured colors
magnetic memo pad for the refrig.
notepad book with coffee mugs on it (how did you know coffee is in my blood)
a tape measure (mine had scotch tape on it)
organizer for pens and pencils, sewing needles and bobbins.
needle organizer.
wall hanging kit (beautiful colors) I'll start it after the holidays.
2 mug rugs, 1 with snowman and on the other side the nativity . The other 1 is a patriotic angel.
a coffee cup mug rug of a sewing machine and it has my initials on it.
a paperback mystery which I'll take on the flight to NY
A frog LED keychain that also croaks (to funny)
Reese's snack size cup bag. I'll have to hide them from hubby.
Enclosed also was a letter from Mary about herself and her family.
Thank you so very much for all the great items.
Diane

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:30 am

Just got home and groceries unloaded:) Photobucket is slow as molasses really need to find another means of uploading pics:)

sorry so big but taking too long to try to resize:)
[/img] Image
[/URL][/img] Image
[/img] Image
[/img] Image
[/URL][/img] Image
[/img] Image
[/URL][/img] Image
[/URL][/img]

She wrapped each one really good I bet she used a whole role of tape LOL

Tina thank you again for being so sweet to me:) Hugs

Izzy
🐐izzy

bethstreet

Post by bethstreet » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:06 am

My secret Santa was Flo in Missouri she sure spoiled me! I received 4 large tea cup mug rugs with matching smaller cups one set for each season, 3 Christmas table pads , a bag that I hope to attach to my walker, a needle case, 2 table runner patterns, hand lotion, a lighted needle threader, chocolate caramels from Wethers and Ghiradelli, several old quilt magazines to look at and some very pretty Christmas pens and my favorite some pretty quilted tree ornaments! Best of all she included a pretty card and a letter about herself!!
THANKS AGAIN FLORENCE FOR BEING WONDERFUL SANTA!! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE May you remember the reason we celebrate this season!
Love, your quilting sister in California , Beth

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:41 am

I got up this morning and went to the gym, while walking on the dread mill, I realized, Hey it's opening day. What a goofball I am. We had some shopping to do, since we got snowed in yesterday. WOW my Secret Santa was wonderful to me. She is Judi Cabanaw aka Grammiequilts. I received this box that was packed full of presents all wraps in Christmas paper. I got Embroidered mug rugs that are just so stinking cute, love, love, love, them. Cute wall hanging kit called Cherry Hut. Multi pocket tablet tote kit, super cute. A stack of Fat Quarters, darling materials. An ice skate mug rug kit. Black and White Tote, with Baby it cold outside, boy your not kidding. Note pad for my frig, A jar of buttons, boy those sure come in handy. A plaque that says "Because I said Sew" hanging that one over my sewing machine. Seasonal hankies, how did she know I always keep a pack in my car? Oh yes Chocolate too Lindt Lindor Chocolates. Thank You sew much for all the sweet gifts. Your way to kind.

Merry Chirstmas,
Joan

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:46 am

How wonderful it is to have a friend (Ysabel) that lives 5 minutes away to get together and open your SS packages. We had a very FESTIVE time while hubby's chit chatted.
How SPECIAL it is to have VELDA for my SECRET SANTA!!! Words will never be able to tell you how I ABSOLUTELY LOVE EVERYTHING!!!! My heart overflows with JOY because you made me feel Loved and Special. I will cherish them all with memories as I use each one :)
Here I am with the self-beaded scissor holder when I am longarming
Ysabel holding up some ADORABLE mugrugs from her SS.

I love wonderful note she enclosed along with MugRugs for EVERY holiday of the year and my birthday month that we share! I was WOWed over the 3 RowbyRow kits and patterns that came with the Puppy Wooly kit and the 9th Block extra special kit she picked up for me with License Plates in her travels! We will be making them together in spirit. Oldies but goodie Magazines, QIAD and other patterns, a 6.5" square up ruler!!! Fall and Hawaiian fabric, a kitchen scrunchy (my daughter will fight me over this one!! A beautiful Christmas Ornament, 4th of July TableRunner and MugRug and a Thread Picker which is a MUST HAVE for every quilter and a HANDY QUILTER BIG BAG to hold all my supplies when I am off to quilting with my Local Pals!!! BRILLIANT Choses for ME. You know me well because of your choices and you also didn't add any chocolate!!! THANK YOU!!!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:23 am

I was Leah secret santa and she asked if I would post pics of her pkg for her:) It was sew much fun being her santa:) I even got her good with a teaser--I contacted one of her guild gals to purchase the book she published that Leah wanted:) She was so sweet to play along as my secret elf at last months guild meeting and gave it to her :) hee hee
Leah and I have lots in common with likes for fleece and sweatshirt patterns so it was easy peasy shopping:)

[/img] Image
[/img] Image
[/URL][/img] Image
[/img] Image
[/URL][/img]

Leah's stash of fun!!
🐐izzy

womster

Post by womster » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:53 am

My Secret Santa was Beth (bethstreet), and oh my what a wonderful box of surprises I have received!

I received the cutest snowman rug mug PLUS a mug! Also, apron, purse, and a very cute penguin wall hanging patterns. The Christmas fabric is regal - fit for a queen. Love the minkie - I can't wait to try the pattern listed on the package. Plus a layer cake - I have the perfect pattern for that. And then there was a sewing organizer filled with lots of goodies: flower-head pins (my favorite), side-threading needles (I just saw these in a catalog), a neat retractable tape measure, these really cool itty bitty scissors with a rubber tip protector, a 'press to the dark side' bookmark, and probably some more stuff I haven't even found yet. And to top it all off, a wonderful confetti cake mix for my birthday - plus balloons!! Oh, plus my favorite candy - Lindt!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:13 am

I love reading your posts and looking at all your pictures of all your pretties! So much fun!
Maryq, thank you again for hosting this every year! It's my absolute favorite! !!
Tina

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”