Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Free motion quilting rulers question.

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
redgarnet222

Free motion quilting rulers question.

Post by redgarnet222 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:26 am

I think I have the right section to ask this question. Does anyone use the dsm free motion quilting rulers to help get a perfect lines and designs? I have seen a couple types on utube and I was wondering which ones work with bernina's best. I think some of them require you use a extention foot first.

I hope there are some of you around to help me decide which set to start with.

auntjana

Re: Free motion quilting rulers question.

Post by auntjana » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:51 am

Saw your question, but don't have a answer. Didn't want you to think we skipped you over. Hope someone has the answer.

Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:28 pm

I have the ruler set from westalee designs but haven't gotten around to using them yet also purchased a class from craftys to learn how to use them .

Lois.

tagsmom

Post by tagsmom » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:13 pm

I have only seen these rulers demonstrated but do know that bernina will,have a foot for their domestic machines sometime,this fall. I can't wait to try it.

redgarnet222

Post by redgarnet222 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:07 am

Thanks girls, I am very interested in these rulers! I hope you let us know how well they work for you. I watched a couple of the videos on u tube and they look like something I would use.
I just want to get the right ones to use on the bernina's I have.

redgarnet222

Post by redgarnet222 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:41 am

Well I bought the set girls and hopefully soon I will set down to try them out. Thanks for all of your input.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:02 pm

Redgarnet which set did you buy?

redgarnet222

Post by redgarnet222 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:06 am

I bought the westalee set with one of the feathers add on set as well. Funny thing is they sent me two complete orders and only charged me for one! I contacted them to have them send me the postage to send back the second set. I really had to call them three times to get them to do it. Wow, a hundred and sixty dollars worth of goods and they were going to just let it go for nothing. Sheesh, I can see why some places go out of business.

I thought I had the little adapter foot and ended up having to buy that seperate at another place. So, I just now have everything to try out the templates. I am so excited to get moving on this technique!

Do you like your westalee's fabricgirl?

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:05 am

I have my set since last year but haven't tried them yet this winter I will try the I even reserved a class on craftys where they teach you how to use your rulers.

Lois.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”