Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Merryman House 2016

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
gmaann

Re: Merryman House 2016

Post by gmaann » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:37 am

Today 8 EIGHT! darling mini-quilts arrived from Oasis/Linda! They are just beautiful and are mostly flannel, so will be so cozy and a comfort to many little ones at Merryman House. I know the mothers of the children will also be appreciative. Many of the quilts have center squares of Winnie the Pooh characters, so familiar to children.

Thanks so much to Linda for being a faithful supporter of this project for many years.

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:13 am

Lori/zfatcat's quilt arrived today. It is a very cheerful, colorful quilt and will be loved by a little girl AND her Mom at Merryman House. I have had no luck posting photos on here lately, but am determined to try again, as I want you all to see the beautiful quilts so many caring forum members have made.

Thanks, Lori, for being a faithful supporter of this project for so many years!

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Mon May 23, 2016 3:47 pm

Dear friends,
I have been remiss in reporting on the Merryman House project, and I apologize!

A lovely lady came to collect the beautiful quilts you donated. Her name was Belinda, and she shared with me the fact that she had been a resident at Merryman House, and was now an employee. She did not bring a form for me to fill out, as was always done in the past. However I have one more quilt to donate, and I will mail it to them. So I imagine I will get an acknowledgement for all the quilts. I truly appreciate your contributions and know that they do also.

Do you all remember Bland50 and her quilting grandson, Gavin? Gavin has donated quilts in other years to Merryman House. They came to Paducah again this year, along with another grandson, Nicholas. They brought a big bagful of crayons for the children at Merryman House. It was so great to see them. I think Gavin was about 8 years old the first time I met him. He is now quite the young man! And as charming as ever. I was cutting fabric for customers when they arrived and sadly did not have the time I wanted to talk with them.

I left Paducah on the last day of the AQS show (Saturday) and drove to Nashville, left my car at the airport and flew to CT, where I attended a bridal shower for our grandson's bride-to-be. i also had my daughter's help to find an appropriate dress for a 75 year old grandmother 'flower girl ' to wear at the wedding! The bride has asked all 3 grandmothers to be flower girls in the wedding!

While in CT something happened to my back. I have been in pain ever since. Had an MRI today to see if they can figure out what is wrong. It's a feeble excuse for my tardiness in reporting, and I am so sorry. In the past year I have recovered from hip replacement surgery and 2 strokes faster than this. I'm beginning to feel my age!

Love to you all,
Ann
XOX

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon May 30, 2016 12:36 pm

Thanks for the update Ann. Hope you feel better soon. Lori
Lori 8-)

Return to “Projects from the Heart”