Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

basting gun

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
EdnaD

basting gun

Post by EdnaD » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:42 pm

I am very much a newbie to quilting. Did my first quilt, a quilt as you go, two weeks ago while visiting friends. I am looking forward to starting another one after the holidays.

While looking for tools of the trade, I found a basting gun. Is this worth the expense to help me with keeping my material sandwiched?

Thank you
EdnaD

auntjana

Re: basting gun

Post by auntjana » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:16 pm

Very large saftey pins work as well, maybe better. I worked in fabric stores and people would buy those guns, most were unhappy with them.

El has a pinning tool that works great in getting the pin to close with out killing your fingers.

Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:42 pm

I have 1 and never use it would rather do the pins.

Lois.

lenoirdenantes

Post by lenoirdenantes » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:21 am

I hand baste my quilts or use the curved pins. Both give good results and you have no ongoing cost. Use your oldest thread that you are ready to throw away. Thread does have a life time.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”