Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

2016 SWAP A PALOOZA, CANCELED FOR THE YEAR

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
womster

Re: 2016 SWAP A PALOOZA, CANCELED FOR THE YEAR

Post by womster » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:58 am

Yippy Skippy! This is going to be a lot of fun.

Thanks for putting all this together!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:47 am

So, basically,it's kind of like swaps have always been except for the 75% thing and the much-appreciated advance notice for those of us who travel a lot and want to be prepared to sew on the road or perhaps even sew early! Excellent!!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:42 pm

yeah Mary, basically that's it.

We thought it might be fun to have a glimpse of what is coming so you can plan ahead a bit.

Psalm 91

javin22

Post by javin22 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:36 pm

I also think it is nice to know what fabrics to keep an eye out for when shopping. If you want more details about what fabric I will require please pm me. I am happy to give you more details, so you can get your fabric on sale etc. I have had a few questions, so I thought I would post the answers here too...
For the red, white and blue swap, the fabric can be either the three separate colors, or you can use fabric that have red, white and blue prints such as stars and stipes etc. mixed in with your red white and blue how ever you like. This swap is meant to be patriotic/4th of July theme. You can do pieced, applique or a combination.
For the jar swap, you can do pieced patterns or applique, quilters choice.
Please keep asking any questions you may have. I know some of you want to start planning your blocks. Thanks so much, Vinae

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:36 am

This sounds interesting, but is it just me or does it seem pressure laden.

You have a date due, like ISBS Feb. 1st, but some are done and mailed. Now if the rest of us don't hurry those people are going to be chomping at the bit because we aren't getting done long before the due date that was originally set. I'm stressed enough without adding to it. I may pass this year, even though they all sound interesting.

Lyn

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:32 am

Lyn, I sent you a PM..I hope it encourages you to join in occasionally on a swap here!..My experience has always been good with Chriss, Vinae, Tina...and Izzy's Row Swap went great, too (her first one..:)..

Sonya.

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:48 am

Lyn I think its really meant to be a help not pressure:) We were thinking that some ladies like to travel and if they knew what to pack ahead of time for sewing fun they could also be part of the swaps. Also, it gives us shoppers for bargains on a budget the extra time to watch for fabrics to go on sale and snatch them up at a bargain price to do more swaps:)

No pressure just lots of sewing fun:)

Izzy
🐐izzy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:29 am

LYN, having advanced notice actually takes the pressure OFF swappers - at least for me, it does. Being a traveler, like you, this allows me to know ahead of time what swaps I want to participate in and what to pack. I don't have room to haul totes of fabric around in our small-ish trailer, nor do I have funds to buy new fabric when I have appropriate ones at home in my stash. Or I can even make blocks ahead of time and hold them until that swap happens. So please don't bow out of a swap that interests you just because you assume it will put you under pressure. Give it a try, first!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:31 am

I've already got blocks swirling in my head! Thanks, hostesses!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:40 am

We've always had back to back swaps. and lately we've posted the next swap before the previous one was finished.

Most all swappers send in their blocks early, very few send them in later. this means that the early swappers have been sitting waiting for the next swap. so we thought it would be fun to let everyone know what the year long plan was. The swaps will still be pretty much the same except that instead of posting them about two weeks before the previous one ends we are waiting for 75% of the swappers to send in their blocks.

Please know that these are not the only options for making blocks. Anyone can host a swap, People will sign up or they won't. and there is the Lotto which has a monthly block.

If more people would give hosting a try we'd have more variety.

Hope this clears up things.

edited to say. Mary, I have room to store totes of fabric and I have blocks swirling in my head too. LOL
Psalm 91

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”