Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Design Board

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
sketchins

Design Board

Post by sketchins » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:57 am

Hi,
I'm new to the forum but was wondering if someone could help me. I saw on one of Eleanor's shows a board she was using on the wall to lay out her patterns, it had a tacky surface and she talked about what it was made of and of course I have forgotten what that material was called.

Can anyone out there help me with remembering that?

Thanks much!!

Sheila

scrapquilter48

Re: Design Board

Post by scrapquilter48 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:00 am

One quilter in my guild used tablecloth from dollarstore with flannel backing. Taped the tablecloth to wall, it worked wonders.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:50 pm

El's "Design Wall" is made with headliner fabric. It is the fabric they use in the roof of a car.

Now that I have answered your question Sheila, I'd like to take a moment to say welcome. So glad you came in for a visit. We would like to invite you to join in on the sew-in thread and swaps thread as well. A good part of the time it helps to show up in the sew-in and ask your questions there as well since that is where we chat over coffee, on lunches and breaks at work, etc. most of the time.

Mary/Rosebud

Suzquilts

Post by Suzquilts » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:10 pm

I have two yards of 72" felt on my wall that works great as well.

Susan

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:28 pm

I use a flannel sheet that I attached to the wall with small binder clips. This way I can take it down when I want fold and put away or wash when needed. Works great and they come in several sizes.

Sue

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:44 am

I don't have much wall space for a design wall, so I covered two 2'x4' sheets of 1" thick insulation from Home Depot with flannel. I just prop them up when I need them and slide them into a closet when I don't. And the flannel is washable! works great.

Dobieslady1

Post by Dobieslady1 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:59 pm

I tacked up batting to my wall and it works great!

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:01 am

From Canada,
I vltr for elections when they come around,
as a supporter of the candidate we receive
sign for our yards.. Tape flannel to it, and
there is my pin wall.. It also great for those
large puzzles I make every winter.

sumarben

Post by sumarben » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:15 pm

I also use flannel backed tablecloth - I tack it to the molding above a folding closet door in another room because I have very little wall space in sewing room. Works very well and the tack marks don't show when I take it down.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”