Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

What Block do these Templates Make?..Please Help..Thank you!

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
larynx
Site Admin

What Block do these Templates Make?..Please Help..Thank you!

Post by larynx » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:18 am

These were found by my DB and DSIL in a bag of fabric that was my Grandma's that was in the parent's house that they are cleaning to get it ready to sell..the fabric in the bag probably dates back to about the 1970's..early 80's ..maybe late 60's...anyway they are of paper and the mirror image pieces are marked "green", the large triangle is marked "white" and the small square is marked "white and any plain color"...it appears like the solid plain colors that were being used were red, white and blue..any help identifying the possible block these construct would be appreciated..:)..If my mind wasn't so jumbled now I probably would be able to figure it out...but I just can't right now...Thanks! Sonya.

auntjana

Re: What Block do these Templates Make?..Please Help..Thank you!

Post by auntjana » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:21 am

They look similar to El's ruler that makes star points. The Triangle in a Square ruler. It shows all of your pieces on the one ruler. So my guess is that yours will make a star as well.

Look over in the shopping part of this site to see.

Jana

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:27 am

Jana..Wow!..you are right...it looks like that...I actually have that ruler...I am going to look now at the paper that came with it....Thanks!...Sonya...

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:04 am

I agree--looks like Triangle in a Square. The little square may have been a setting stone to go with sashing???

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:16 am

Jana and Miriam...The 2 triangle templates are almost EXACTLY the same as the triangle in the square ruler..(my paper ones being a tad smaller)...I think, Miriam..from looking at the construction of the star on the instruction sheet that came with it..(Shining Stars)..that the square template actually makes a PERFECT 4 patch for the center of my star..:)..It's like they used Grandma's Templates for this ruler!..:)..Thank you SO MUCH, Jana...and Miriam..for responding and helping...sure is exciting to have my Triangle in a square ruler match to these...:).((((HUGS)))) Sonya. (I am making a star with these and will post it when I am done..Thanks again! :)

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:12 am

Love your puzzle question, I couldn't figure it out.. See one quilter is good at assembling.

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:38 am

This is one reason I love this forum, Leah..What I may not know someone friendly is always willing to help..:)..Here is the end result..I actually like it better on-point..Someday I may make a quilt from blocks made from these templates...right now I have too many projects to finish to start another...someday, though..:)..

Oh my gosh sorry it is so big!..I tried to adjust it...first one I took with my Ipad!...I will have to check what I did wrong before I post any more pics!...Sonya.

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:51 pm

Sonya, your star is beautiful! Now I want to make some, too! I can see it scrappy... maybe laid out in a rainbow effect... or lighter in the center and darker towards the outside... I have all these quilts in my head...

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:00 am

Thank you, Miriam...:)...Oh me, too...my mind has endless ideas..I love your idea of lighter in the center to darker on the outside...Sonya.

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:30 pm

How do we find more time? I can see your quilt in my mind with the darker stars surrounding the lighter ones... a tribute to your gmama.grandma.

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”